NFL Head Coach Changes *** Complete ***

Sarge4Tide

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Will Try to Keep it Updated....looks like there will be 5 openings on Black Monday barring any surprises

TEAMS WITH CURRENT HEAD COACHING OPENINGS

• ATLANTA FALCONS
    Rumored Candidates: Eric Bieniemy, Raheem Morris (Interim), Brian Daboll, Nathaniel Hackett, Arthur Smith, Marvin Lewis
  • HOUSTON TEXANS
    Rumored Candidates: Eric Bieniemy, Marvin Lewis, Jim Caldwell, Robert Salah, Brian Schottenhiemer 
  • DETROIT LIONS
    Rumored Candidates: Robert Salah, Urban Meyer, Matt Campbell

TEAMS WITH LIKELY HEAD COACHING OPENINGS

• JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
    Rumored Candidates: TBD
  • NEW YORK JETS
    Rumored Candidates: TBD

TEAMS THAT COULD POSSIBLY HAVE A HEAD COACH OPENING

• CINCINATTI BENGALS (Will probably give Zac Taylor one more year)
  • SAN DIEGO LOS ANGELES CHARGERS  (Anthony Lynn may have done enough to keep his job)
  • PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (Doug Pederson has said he expects to return, for whatever that means)
  • CHICAGO BEARS   (Late season play seems to have saved Matt Nagy for now)

Detroit has the Best list of candidates.. imo...

ANYONE of them would be Great for the jets... from the others I would add Brian Daboll & Arthur Smith.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Depends on the owner they could be giving him credit for herbert and especially sticking with herbert when tyrod taylor was supposed to be the starter all year this year.

I listened to a number of Chargers news beat podcasts this year.  They said Spanos felt the roster was capable of making the playoffs.  Now whether the Pats beat down made them change their nind... who knows.  

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Urban Meyer will be a candidate for the Jaguars.  I doubt he'll even consider any other franchise.   I was reading their forum yesterday, btw, and their fans seems dead set against it.  Hilarious!  The guy won big everywhere he went.  

And then he plays like he is sick when he wants to leave.

24 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Urban Meyer will be a candidate for the Jaguars.  I doubt he'll even consider any other franchise.   I was reading their forum yesterday, btw, and their fans seems dead set against it.  Hilarious!  The guy won big everywhere he went.  

With kids.  He will fail in NFL like Saban

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Arthur Blank is awesome!  It's such a shame about that Superbowl.  I hope he does get one eventually.

I know. After that blown Super Bowl, I can remember a few NFL owners who were actually sad for him not winning it. You can probably count on one hand how many times you ever heard them say that about one of their competitors.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:
  • FALCONS - Arthur Smith 
  • TEXANS - Eric Bienemy
  •  LIONS - Robert Salah
  • JAGUARS - Urban Meyer
  • JETS - Joe Brady
  • BENGALS - Zac Taylor retained
  • CHARGERS  -  Brian Daboll
  • EAGLES - Don Martindale
  • BEARS  - Matt Nagy retained

My guesses.

• I feel like Jax will give Urban a TON of control in personnel and let him handpick GM. With Lawrence + their picks + cap space, Urban will never be in a better position to jump to the NFL.

• Jets top pick is Campbell and while they might have a good shot at him, I feel he stays in college, and Douglas pairs a young Joe Brady with Marvin Lewis as assistant HC. A year too soon is better than a year too late.

• Daboll is a Cali boy and Herbert is a star in the rising who can rival Josh Allen.

• Philly goes for a culture builder and someone who isn’t looking to overtake Howie, after letting Pederson go.

• Salah with Mike McDaniels as OC goes back home to Michigan.

• John Dorsey becomes GM in Houston, bringing his old pal Bienemy.

• Falcons look to Tennessee to poach their front office and pair him with Arthur Smith who can maximize the last few years of Matt Ryan’s career. 

• I could Minnesota possibly moving on, but with another 2 years on Kirk Cousins’ contract they may just ride out another year or Zimmer before they cut Cousins and do a complete reboot.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

My guesses.

• I feel like Jax will give Urban a TON of control in personnel and let him handpick GM. With Lawrence + their picks + cap space, Urban will never be in a better position to jump to the NFL.

• Jets top pick is Campbell and while they might have a good shot at him, I feel he stays in college, and Douglas pairs a young Joe Brady with Marvin Lewis as assistant HC. A year too soon is better than a year too late.

• Daboll is a Cali boy and Herbert is a star in the rising who can rival Josh Allen.

• Philly goes for a culture builder and someone who isn’t looking to overtake Howie, after letting Pederson go.

• Salah with Mike McDaniels as OC goes back home to Michigan.

• John Dorsey becomes GM in Houston, bringing his old pal Bienemy.

• Falcons look to Tennessee to poach their front office and pair him with Arthur Smith who can maximize the last few years of Matt Ryan’s career. 

• I could Minnesota possibly moving on, but with another 2 years on Kirk Cousins’ contract they may just ride out another year or Zimmer before they cut Cousins and do a complete reboot.

If this scenario played out, and he wasn't our next HC, I would be really bummed out.

• Upvote 1

The more I read about Martindale, the more I like him. He’s a defensive guy (which is my preference when ‘picking a side’) who also seems to understand the importance of coordinators. The whole Ravens culture is also a thing too - we needed that with Rex and we need it even more now.

Bringing in the Clemson OC gives a really good idea as to where offense is currently at right now and where it’s trending toward. It would also probably lock us into Etienne with our second first rounder, which is great.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Why?

Well, I think the success in 2017 was largely Frank Reich who has shown to be a good HC. I see no development in the Eagles team and Wentz has completely collapsed. His in game decision making is suspect and he does not strike me as a good leader. They caught lightning in a bottle with a pretty stacked team and Reich being able to work the offense with Foles, but they have just been extremely ordinary since.

• Upvote 1

I'm very familiar with Matt Campbell from Iowa State. If we have a chance to land him make no mistake, GREAT hire. His dream job is Ohio State but that won't be open for a while. He will bring a high octane offense and implement the "cloud" defense which has proven to be the code to break the "air raid" or "pass happy" offenses. 

He runs a lot of 11,12,13 personell (TE) and likes to use multiple TE. Think about have Travis Kelce and Zach Ertz on the same team. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Well, I think the success in 2017 was largely Frank Reich who has shown to be a good HC. I see no development in the Eagles team and Wentz has completely collapsed. His in game decision making is suspect and he does not strike me as a good leader. They caught lightning in a bottle with a pretty stacked team and Reich being able to work the offense with Foles, but they have just been extremely ordinary since.

You make some good points. Pederson made the playoffs for two years after Reich left, and had them in contention to win the division until yesterday.Also, benching Wentz and going with Hurts showed a ton of leadership, I believe. Supposedly, Wentz is not a popular guy with his teammates, and Pederson did what he had to do. Probably wished he did it sooner. May cost him his job.