NFL Head Coach Changes *** Complete ***

Sarge4Tide

First of we are not getting Eric Bienemy. Too many teams are interested plus haven't we learned yet. No QB guru!  We need a organizational coach who can bring a culture to our organization.  My top picks are

1. Pat Fitzgerald - love the job he's done at Northwestern 

2. Wink Martindale - JD had ties to the Ravens and Wink. Good solid coach

3. Matt Campbell - Has turned turned the Iowa State program around

4.  REX RYAN - Yes the wild card.  Yes so towards the end he messed up with time management. But he got was great the 1st 2 years. He can't be blame for Sacchez (Mr. Butt fumble) regressing the way he did. Plus Sanchez was never a good QB, he was dumb couldn't read coverages and turned the ball over all the time.  Hmmm, seems like I'm talking about Darnold doesn't it?  But what he brought was instant pride, culture and in your face toughness.  He loves the Jets and NY I would welcome him iwth open arms.

• Sympathy 1

On 1/4/2021 at 12:17 PM, Billyoak8 said:

Brand new here.  Thanks for posting this.  Impossible for me to keep thing organized otherwise.

Welcome long suffering Jets traveler! How ‘bout a little back story. When you became a fan, where you from and some  rules for your consideration.

Blues Brothers GIF

13 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Welcome long suffering Jets traveler! How ‘bout a little back story. When you became a fan, where you from and some  rules for your consideration.

Blues Brothers GIF

Thanks for the warm welcome.  I'm 35 years old and was raised and still reside in Bergen County, NJ.  We had season tickets from 1988 until 2009.  Long suffering is certainly a perfect description.  The 98 team was probably my favorite.  I love this team, but I'm tired of being most excited every March and April and fading by early October.  I'm hopeful that they'll do things differently this year.

Expect a few more of these positional coaches trickle out. I forget who reported it (I think Breer), but the Jets had quite a few former players on their list. Chris Hewitt is another name to keep an eye on. 

Another thing to keep in mind: some of these candidates may ultimately end up as coordinator candidates. 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, football guy said:

Robert Saleh would be a huge consolation prize imo. Love his coaching style and apparently he would look to bring Mike LaFleur with him... that would be a huge boost to our QB room. 

Someone coming from the Kyle Shanahan "tree" would be a huge get

• Upvote 1

On 1/6/2021 at 9:31 AM, Sarge4Tide said:

I read on PFT that Houston job is one of the least desirable because of Easterly's meddling and potential backstabbing.  Also Watson is hinting he might ask for a trade if he doesn't like the HC hire. 

• Upvote 2