Dwayne Haskins has been released.

Mogglez

2 hours ago, QB1 said:

Other than the jersey they are nothing alike. Fields is an elite athlete that works incredibly hard. Haskins was a fat lazy statue at OSU. 

2 hours ago, King P said:

Fields is way better than Haskins

2 hours ago, QB1 said:

Other than the jersey they are nothing alike. Fields is an elite athlete that works incredibly hard. Haskins was a fat lazy statue at OSU. 

I'll say the same thing to both of you that I said to King P.....

Justin Fields LOST a QB competition to Jake Fromm in Georgia. Ultimately, he lost a QB competition to an NFL backup QB. Justin Fields was forced to transfer to Ohio St. just so he could have an opportunity to start.

Second, Dwayne Haskins threw for 50 touchdowns in a single collegiate season and that's something Fields will never do.

Just now, Warfish said:

Why would I care about his college stats now, we have PRO stats to judge. :)

I take it you're not a Trask fan either, eh?

I'm neither a fan nor a non-fan. Never saw him play. 

I asked the board about him about a week ago and the only reply I got was with regard to his choice in shaving his facial hair pattern.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I'll say the same thing to both of you that I said to King P.....

Justin Fields LOST a QB competition to Jake Fromm in Georgia. Ultimately, he lost a QB competition to an NFL backup QB. Justin Fields was forced to transfer to Ohio St. just so he could have an opportunity to start.

Second, Dwayne Haskins threw for 50 touchdowns in a single collegiate season and that's something Fields will never do.

Tell us about this QB competition with Fromm at Georgia, I’d be interested in these details.  

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, King P said:

Fields is way better than Haskins

No better/No worse. Compare their only comparable seasons at OSU, both their sophomore years with 14 games. 

Haskins Passing (13-1 Record)
373/533 70% 4831 9.1 Per Pass 50 TD / 8 Int
Haskins Rush
79/108 4 TD

= 54 TD / 8 Int

Fields Passing (13-1 Record)
238/354 67% 3273 9.2 Per Pass 41 TD / 3 Int
Fields Rush
137/484 10 TD

= 51 TD / 3 Int

They are the EXACT same guy from the EXACT same system. 

Hard pass. 

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

They aren't going to give some guy who is clearly not the answer half a decade to play QB for them before coming to the conclusion everyone already knows. Very smart move.

If a guy is not the answer you move on sooner rather than later. 

And yet our GM (possibly) and about 40 % of this board is cool with running it back with Darnold next season, despite performing worse on the field than Haskins has to date. 

So that's cool.   

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Tell us about this QB competition with Fromm at Georgia, I’d be interested in these details.  

I don't have any details. I just know he lost the QB competition in Georgia. Heard it on those morning sports talk shows. And Jake Fromm is not much of a QB in college or the pros of course you probably already knew that....

10 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Jets mod. 14K a year fully guaranteed. Free rent underneath the scaffolds at MetLife. All the hot dogs you can eat.  Not bad. 

$14k/year? I haven't gotten so much as a magnet out of this gig. 

• Haha 3