Gore Out for season finale Lung Contusion

jetsrule128

Gore was signed to back up Le'veon Bell. When Bell got hurt/released, Gore played a lot more. He did his best and was a team leader. 

The Le'veon Bell disaster is hopefully the last damage inflicted on the team by Mike McCagnan.

We still have the CJ Moseley contract to deal with - hopefully he can still play or be traded for something 

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Yes, and the other RB's that were in the room appeared brittle as hell. It is a good thing that Gore was here. Pointing at Frank Gore and pretending that he was a problem with the Jets is just wrong. He did what he was asked, probably more, and was cheap. The Jets got more than they bargained with Gore. 

Adam Gase called the plays and decided workload. Gore did what he was asked.

Ty Johnson has looked exceptional every time he was on the field. 

Josh Adams ran over people to gain yardage. 

Kallen Ballade not good enough for the NY Jets did decent elsewhere. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Not his fault how much Gase relied on him. He was valuable in the locker room and admired by his team. 

Him being here took valuable playing time in a lost season away from guys they should be evaluating for next year, all so he could attain a personal goal. How admirable is that?

• Upvote 3

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Him being here took valuable playing time in a lost season away from guys they should be evaluating for next year, all so he could attain a personal goal. How admirable is that?

Reminds me of Michael Strahan sack record when Brett Favre laid down. 

Sick and tired of seeing Strahan and hearing his voice on all the TV shows. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

What a phenomenal opportunity for Gase to showcase our rookie RBs.   Oh, wait.  This isn't the beginning of the season.  Never mind.

my theory is that 16k was why Gase gave Gore tiuches in this lost season.

DGAF, 2 wins, 5 wins?? wtf cares? Glad for Gore he reached that milestone.

39 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

my theory is that 16k was why Gase gave Gore tiuches in this lost season.

DGAF, 2 wins, 5 wins?? wtf cares? Glad for Gore he reached that milestone.

No HC should be concerned about personal milestones instead of winning games. 

For that reason and others I hope Adam Gase never gets another job in the NFL

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

He came out as soon as he hit 16k.  That wasn't a coincidence.

Exactly so when people say the NY Jets organization does everything right and should never ever sign a player with baggage can all stick it. 

The Johnsons,JD and Adam Gase have all contributed to this team being as bad as it is and the laughing stock of the NFL

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Wish him the best going forward, he's a good person by all accounts, a great pro, and a future HOF'er.

He bears no fault for how much playing time he got.  That's 100% on Gase.

I totally agree.

He was brought in to be a backup, and mentor the younger players.   He did everything the team asked of him, never complained, and wanted to win.  You can't ask anything more from a player than that.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Great guy, NFL legend, but completely overused and misused in a lost season.

He's a guy who like Josh McCown should have been the old wise sage, leading by example at practice and rarely seeing the field.  On a team with L'Michal Perine and Ty Johnson a guy like Frank Gore should be seeing 5 touches per game once a winless Jets team entered the month of November.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Get well soon Frank Gore

I wish I never see you in a NY Jets uniform again. 

Gase praises Gore's work ethic, leadership: "I can't say enough about what he's done for our team

What has he done Adam? How many games did we win because of him? Please explain your asinine dumb idiotic statement. 

FIRE ADAM GASE 

I think he iced the game vs the rams causing us to lose trevor lawrence

Its obvious now that Gase promised Gore he would get him to 16,000 yards and that's why he played him so much.  As soon as he hit that number he checked out and they're now  faking this injury so Gore doesn't look like a total douche bag. So I say,  **** him and the two bum knees he rode in on. 

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, jetsrule128 said:

What an AMAZING coincidence!! Oh my, thank God he just happened to hit 16K yards on that carry, and then ran right off the field without stopping at the trainers tent, and then suffering an obscure injury that isn't really a thing. 

And before you try me, I've been a Paramedic for over 20 years. I've heard of pneumothorax,  tension pneumothorax, and a host of other traumatic injuries in the course of my career, but this is the first I've heard of "Lung Bruise".

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

What an AMAZING coincidence!! Oh my, thank God he just happened to hit 16K yards on that carry, and then ran right off the field without stopping at the trainers tent, and then suffering an obscure injury that isn't really a thing. 

And before you try me, I've been a Paramedic for over 20 years. I've heard of pneumothorax,  tension pneumothorax, and a host of other traumatic injuries in the course of my career, but this is the first I've heard of "Lung Bruise".

https://www.healthline.com/health/bruised-lung-pulmonary-contusion#symptoms

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

Cool! I've been cutting people out of cars and transporting them to the hospital after they ate steering wheels and airbags in high speed collisions for 2 decades and never dealt with those symptoms that weren't accompanied by tension pneuno/collapsed lung due to penetrating injury (ribs). Guess Gore was secretly 80 years old, or he was hit by a dump truck after the game...

• Upvote 1