2021 Free Agents

JeffJetsFan

We need to hit on 3 players IMO - Allen Robinson with JuJu/Godwin/Golladay as fallbacks, Joe Thuney, and whoever the best CB / pass rusher out there is. Buy them all out - it’s time to spend some money...

With the WR signing, we should retain Perriman and put him as our #4 receiver. Give me Robinson, Mims, Crowder, Perriman, and Berrios as our 5 wideouts.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, rangerous said:

allen robinson.. been there done that with ex-steeler receivers.  holmes, and buress were both pretty much garbage.

Lets say you're from NJ, and lets say you left your job and moved to another part of the country and when you interviewed for a new job and they told you "we don't think we can hire you... the last guy we hired from NJ was terrible." How would you feel?

• Haha 1

Robinson and Thuney.

I wouldn’t splurge on another big ticket FA. I would spend remaining money a few more mid level FAs. I’d also save money for next year and barring any injuries I would offer Q a big extension. Do it early (after 3 years) and save a few bucks towards the end of his new deal.

1 minute ago, Morrissey said:

Lets say you're from NJ, and letssay you left your job and moved to another part of the country and when you interviewed for a new job and they told you "we don't think we can hire you... the last guy we hired from NJ was terrible." How would you feel?

Like the luckiest guy on earth that I dodged a bullet working for a bunch of dopes.

JD has shown absolutely no inclination toward a FA binge 

everyone assumes it will happen because the Jets have the cap space

but they had tons of cap space this year 

this thread should be frozen until March when we see who makes it to the market

every year it feels like we have all these high hopes and when we get there it's George Fant

Heck, we don't even know what the new HC will want from his players 

maybe the new guy doesn't value Allen Robinson like others

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Lets say you're from NJ, and lets say you left your job and moved to another part of the country and when you interviewed for a new job and they told you "we don't think we can hire you... the last guy we hired from NJ was terrible." How would you feel?

not quite the same thing.  states are much larger than football teams and it's not like the last wr from the steelers they hired. look at antonio brown.  and bell was a steeler. mcclendon, faneca, colon were all good players and they were steelers.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I want Allen Robinson and I’d be willing to pay him $20 mil a year over 4 years.

That said, I worry it’s gonna be difficult to attract any free agents... even with a dump-truck full of cash. 

I agree and want Robinson or Godwin. I disagree with attracting FA's , first off they are getting paid big $$ , secondly there are coming in as a clear cut #1 Wr in a top media center.  

43 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I want Allen Robinson and I’d willing to pay him $20 mil a year over 4 years.

That said, I worry it’s gonna be difficult to attract any free agents... even with a dump-truck of cash. 

That’s my guy. He puts up big numbers wherever he goes and that’s with bortles and Trubisky as his main qbs.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

JD has shown absolutely no inclination toward a FA binge 

everyone assumes it will happen because the Jets have the cap space

but they had tons of cap space this year 

this thread should be frozen until March when we see who makes it to the market

every year it feels like we have all these high hopes and when we get there it's George Fant

Heck, we don't even know what the new HC will want from his players 

maybe the new guy doesn't value Allen Robinson like others

Feels like most years, 80% of the "name" Free Agents everyone craves never actually hit the market.  So many feel like they get resigned or have a singular place they want to go play, and never really are "available".

And agreed, I'll believe we'll spend big on quality as soon as we start doing it.

• Upvote 1

Allen Robinson almost makes Trubisky look servicable at times. He would be ideal for a rookie QB. At 27, I doubt he would consider anyone other than a SB contender. I don't see Godwin hitting the market. Golladay makes more sense the Juju. 

Thuney is the guy I'd back up the brinks truck for at 12.01. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

not quite the same thing.  states are much larger than football teams and it's not like the last wr from the steelers they hired. look at antonio brown.  and bell was a steeler. mcclendon, faneca, colon were all good players and they were steelers.

The Steelers clearly have a very very good system for WR's. They rarely leave there and have the same amount of success except Burress and I guess to a certain extent Emanuel Sanders. Even with out that the production JuJu has put up isn't even remotely close to what you would want from a number 1 (outside one year), especially when there are two clearly better options out there (Robinson, Godwin, and probably a third in Golladay). Oh, and he's a lunatic who cares more about social media than being a NFL player. Wouldn't touch him.

• Upvote 1

You guys are tripping if you think Robinson is going to sign here. Nobody knows who will be the 2021 quarterback of the Jets and Robinson has played with rubbish quarterbacks his entire career. He will want to go to a team that has an established quarterback who is competent at his job.

This is the second time Robinson will hit free agency, assuming the Bears don't tag him. He is getting up in age for a wide receiver and he may not necessarily have the opportunity to pick his club again in his career. The Jets will be last on his list of potential clubs to play for.

I maintain that Schuster is not a wide receiver #1 and anyone that pays him like he is one will be very disappointed. When Brown went crazy, Schuster had the chance to be the #1 in Pittsburgh and he didn't get the job done. Stay away from him.

If we want to add skill position players to the mix, I would look at players like Godwin and Ertz. There's a risk to paying Agholor on the basis of one season, but he has played very well for the Raiders with a mediocre quarterback under centre. Add him to the mix.

If Thuney is willing, sign him too.

Need some cornerbacks to strengthen that area of the roster. Not sure who is on the market for Douglas to sign.

• Upvote 1