Bill Barnwell

I was just listening to ESPN radio (around 6:30PM on 12/28/2020 in case there's a playback option) and I think it was "Greeny" who repeated some info he heard from Bill Barnwell that if the Jets miss out on Trevor Lawrence, they become the least attractive of all the job openings.

EDIT:

Maybe I worded the above in a confusing way.  Bill Barnwell is the one saying the Jets are the worst of the job openings.  All Greeny did was say that it was Barnwell's quote.  

Just now, TokyoJetsFan said:

Detroit and Texans situations are way worse than ours

Losing those picks hurt but the Texans have Watson. You can build around him. If you have a  qb, you can turn things around quickly. Texans are more desirable than the Jets. The lions though, I agree. Us Jets fans have it bad but the lions fans, they have it a little bit worse.

• Upvote 2

My opinion is this is a great opportunity for a head coach Respected and knowledgeable GM Some young  talented players Plethora of draft picks most money to spend for Pro Bowl caliber talent  can make this team turn from laughing stock to contender very quickly 

• Upvote 1

The Texans have nothing outside of Watson and an expensive Tunsil, no draft capital, piss poor ownership, and plan on giving Jack Easterby, a guy just as bad as B.O.B, a prominent role in the organization, but yeah, other than that they’re a phenomenal spot.

Nice to see Greeny is looking to become the next Beningo.  Barnwell is a clown of unparalleled proportions.  Nothing he says should be parroted.

1 hour ago, extmenace said:

Losing those picks hurt but the Texans have Watson. You can build around him. If you have a  qb, you can turn things around quickly. Texans are more desirable than the Jets. The lions though, I agree. Us Jets fans have it bad but the lions fans, they have it a little bit worse.

How much cap space do the Texans have?. They can't build around Watson with no money and the crappy drafting they have been doing. Jets have between 80-100M in cap space and like twice the draft picks the Texans have due to their bad trades. The 2 teams are about the same as far as coaching desirability.

I hate Greenberg as much as the rest of you, he feeds off the SOJF negativity.

But looking at it from the easy hot take POV (franchise QB and W/L total) perspective it's not a great opening. No one's picking Darnold over Lawrence, Watson, Herbert (?), or Ryan. The Lions gig is equally unattractive.

28 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Plus the expectations here are low.  The whole team can be turned around reasonably quickly with the right coaching and a second solid draft.

This is something that Cowher said recently (according to Boomer Esiason) that resonated with me. 

If you go to the Jets and figure out how to just tread water (go 8-8 next year), you will be treated like a conquering hero and get plenty of time to straighten things out.

Expectations are as low for this franchise as I can ever remember 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, extmenace said:

Watson hasnt been the same this year without Hopkins.  Its actually a really good example of how you need a team to be successful.  The Qb is an integral part but not the only 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I was just listening to ESPN radio (around 6:30PM on 12/28/2020 in case there's a playback option) and I think it was "Greeny" who repeated some info he heard from Bill Barnwell that if the Jets miss out on Trevor Lawrence, they become the least attractive of all the job openings.

EDIT:

Maybe I worded the above in a confusing way.  Bill Barnwell is the one saying the Jets are the worst of the job openings.  All Greeny did was say that it was Barnwell's quote.  

The great thing is Bill Barnwell has as much influence in the NFL as I do.