If I'm Joe Douglas...

JeffJetsFan

...this is my offseason plan.

-Fire Gase and the rest of his cronies

-Hire Robert Saleh for Head Coach and bring with him Doug Marrone as OC and either Gus Bradley, Dan Quinn or Kris Richard as DC.

-Sign G Joe Thuney

-Sign DE Yannick Ngakoue

-Sign DE Solomon Thomas

-Sign WR JuJu Smith Schuster

-Draft #2 OT Penei Sewell

That's a good start...

2 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Thuney is the only one I agree with 

would rather have Robinson 

Exactly. Thuney and RoBinson and a top duel threat RB via the draft . Interested on how JD will handle the QB situation. Since we are now sitting at 2 I would trade out and compile more picks if the deal was right. There are other QB's in this draft besides Lawrence and Fields and in all honesty I'm still not sold on Fields because when he's under pressure he's nothing special. If we can trade out of 2 Maybe Wilson is available at some point based on the slot we trade out too.

No good head coach would want to come here.  It was bleak even when Trevor Lawrence was the prize. Let's see:

• The worst roster in the NFL still in full-rebuild mode years away from winning.
  • Stuck with Sam Darnold and an immediate quarterback controversy.
  • Inheriting a roster that is loyal to Adam Gase and resents his firing.
  • Reporting to a GM hired prematurely and essentially a scout.
  • In a division where Miami and Buffalo have risen and are playoff-bound.
  • In a city where the team is the disrespected little brother.
  • In a media market where the new head coach and his family are thrown to the wolves after 4 games by idiot, gullible, knee-jerk Mets fans.

If I'm Joe Douglas, this isn't the time to make a change and tie my career to a third-rate head coaching candidate.  I can ride Adam Gase for another year, let all this crap play out, and go get a better head coach when my roster is actually good enough to get a good one.

SAR I

This seems like a poorly thought out plan.  Saleh seems like a credible candidate, but how hot a commodity is he?  I'm not that in love with the 49er D, but that might just be me.  I hate Marrone and I think he basically barely crossed paths with Quinn and Richard in Seattle, but who knows?  I'd expect him to hire some lower level crony and run his own D.  Like Bowles and Rex did.  

More importantly, why would he be bringing in Solomon Thomas?  Do most coordinators take head jobs and then bring in the busts drafted for them that they hardly played?  Am I missing something?  More likely they pick up Sherman. 

I've already made it clear that I don't see Smith-Schuster as a top target unless they think he could play outside and Ngakoue would be nice, but I'm not sure I want to spend on him.   I don't make predictions about free agents because it would be nice to sign almost all fo them, but the cost it what determines if it is a good move or not.  Seems like you went through a bunch to roll into 2021 without addressing the most important issue on the team.

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No good head coach would want to come here.  It was bleak even when Trevor Lawrence was the prize. Let's see:

• The worst roster in the NFL still in full-rebuild mode years away from winning.
  • Stuck with Sam Darnold and an immediate quarterback controversy.
  • Inheriting a roster that is loyal to Adam Gase and resents his firing.
  • Reporting to a GM hired prematurely and essentially a scout.
  • In a division where Miami and Buffalo have risen and are playoff-bound.
  • In a city where the team is the disrespected little brother.
  • In a media market where the new head coach and his family are thrown to the wolves after 4 games by idiot, gullible, knee-jerk Mets fans.

If I'm Joe Douglas, this isn't the time to make a change and tie my career to a third-rate head coaching candidate.  I can ride Adam Gase for another year, let all this crap play out, and go get a better head coach when my roster is actually good enough to get a good one.

SAR I

giphy (18).gif

• Haha 1

I wouldn’t mind Saleh but he would have to bring Mike Lafleur or Mike McDaniel with him as OC. No chance I hire Doug Marrone. I think Thuney and Robinson are guys you have to sign in free agency Judon too. Trade Darnold draft Zach Wilson, Wyatt Davis and Najee Harris with our first 3 picks. Use the Darnold pick+ the remaining picks for CB, Edge TE and WRs. We’d have a 1st year QB behind a solid line with a good group of WRs and Harris at rb. Not a perfect fix but it’s a good start