MNF Bills-Patriots ***Official Game Thread***

joewilly12

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

Simply because the organization/coaches are bad doesn't excuse a player for not doing everything they can to win. 

How do you do that when (a) you have no running game, (b) your receivers can’t get separation or end up mispositioned on plays, (c) your O line gives you zero time to throw and you keep getting hit like a piñata, (d) your coaching tries to keep you in the pocket instead of playing to your strengths like passing on the move?  I could go on, but this encapsulates with only a few exceptions Sam’s experience QBing the Jets.  He has had some fleeting occasions of success (“shown flashes”).  This year has been a s—t show but he’s playing with a shoulder injury that won’t really heal until the off season.

I’ve been watching this team since 1964.  That doesn’t make me an expert by any stretch, but there are at least two dozen things this franchise has to fix — QB is not the first thing on that list by any means.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

They look pretty good....  they could beat anyone.   What’s it gonna take for you to see Allen is the real deal.  

I never said Allen was trash.. in fact I argued with the dweebs a few years ago proclaiming him a bust before he was drafted.

He looks good but this team will choke in January..  thats what they do.

1 minute ago, Skeet Ulrich said:
Bills front office has done a tremendous job. They're gonna run the AFC East for many years to come. 

I think if you talk to a Bills fan they’d say “finally”.  Took a long time to “finally” put it together the right way.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:
Bills front office has done a tremendous job. They're gonna run the AFC East for many years to come. 

Jets had there chances. Picked the wrong GM in Macc. Macc missed on Watson or Mahomes in 2017. Picked the wrong QB in 2018. And picked the wrong coach in Gase! That's a big O Fer & here we are!

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Sure. We have a lot to fix. But Darnolds not tye guy. If you don't see that,  in a league where Jalen Hurts comes in as a rookie behind an O line worse than ours, throwing to a wr corps as bad as ours, and goes for 350 and 3 TDs in his first game ever, I can't help you. No matter how old you are. LOL 

The Darnold Dream is over. Done. He has been weighed, he has been measured, and he has come up lacking. 

NEXT!

Those are my bones creaking you hear.  :)

We’ll see.  I think Douglas keeps Darnold, uses the high picks to fill some of the gaps where players are available and ticketed to do so.  Probably pick a QB late.  I think using the two first round picks to take a QB would be a mistake.  If Sam fails next year after getting some help for the O line and using FA and the cap space to bring in some playmakers on offense, then pick a QB early in 2022.

Anyway, enjoyed the conversation and appreciate the respectful tone.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, ausman said:

Those are my bones creaking you hear.  :)

We’ll see.  I think Douglas keeps Darnold, uses the high picks to fill some of the gaps where players are available and ticketed to do so.  Probably pick a QB late.  I think using the two first round picks to take a QB would be a mistake.  If Sam fails next year after getting some help for the O line and using FA and the cap space to bring in some playmakers on offense, then pick a QB early in 2022.

Anyway, enjoyed the conversation and appreciate the respectful tone.

I have much respect for you. I've only been a fan since '74. 

And I like Sam, seems like a good kid, but his game is trash. Good evening.