MNF Bills-Patriots ***Official Game Thread***

joewilly12

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

With a hard salary cap, yeah, unprecedented

That's kind of hilarious given the Tom Brady contract/third party contracted interests they got ever year.  They didn't need it till the last couple of championahips.  But that did make a huge difference.

7 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Sure. We have a lot to fix. But Darnolds not tye guy. If you don't see that,  in a league where Jalen Hurts comes in as a rookie behind an O line worse than ours, throwing to a wr corps as bad as ours, and goes for 350 and 3 TDs in his first game ever, I can't help you. No matter how old you are. LOL 

The Darnold Dream is over. Done. He has been weighed, he has been measured, and he has come up lacking. 

NEXT!

I was extremely intrigued with Jalen Hurts.  Was open to taking him. But @T0mShane vetoed the pick.  Good arm, moves really well, excellent improv skills, doesn't panic. Not surprised at all he has played well.  JD has strong ties to Philly. Maybe  we can trade Darnold for Hurts LOL.  Wentz is done in Philly.  And what is BB going to do next year at QB?  Wentz? Rivers? Stafford? Prescott? Winston? All mocks have them taking the TE Pitts.  Not so sure about that now. BB will be looking for a QB. He absolutely has to find one next year.  Lance, Jones, Trask. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, pdxgreen said:

That's kind of hilarious given the Tom Brady contract/third party contracted interests they got ever year.  They didn't need it till the last couple of championahips.  But that did make a huge difference.

Yeah, sorry, I dont buy this conspiracy theory.  Pats just somehow get away with every imagined scam we want to use for an excuse while they've been brought in on charges how many times?

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, sorry, I dont buy this conspiracy theory.  Pats just somehow get away with every imagined scam we want to use for an excuse while they've been brought in on charges how many times?

Well.  I don't think it became a problem till Guerrero started going with individual players like Gronk.  But I am sure that the Pats were fine with Brady running his scams until they realized it created an issue.  They were untouchable at one point.  Then the under the table stuff brought a lot of heat on them.

2 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Well.  I don't think it became a problem till Guerrero started going with individual players like Gronk.  But I am sure that the Pats were fine with Brady running his scams until they realized it created an issue.  They were untouchable at one point.  Then the under the table stuff brought a lot of heat on them.

Just curious, when were they untouchable?  Spygate?  Deflategate?  PEDs?  They never were untouchable.  

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Just curious, when were they untouchable?  Spygate?  Deflategate?  PEDs?  They never were untouchable.  

Id say the fallout from Brady's taking his suspension appeal so high was where things changed  That brought a lot of heat on Goodell.  Before that he was pretty well linked with Kraft.  After that it was like the Pats were renegades and the NFL was their probation officer. If there was ever a demarcation line in how the league viewed Brady/Pats it was that one.  Before it was occasional noise and then it got cartoonish.  Fans viewed the Pats as above reproach before the split from Goodell.  Before that Kraft was the power broker to getting RG's contract renewed.

48 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Bills rack up huge points and cole beasley decides to have about his worst game of the year.  I was in the FF final, down by 8 points and Beasley the only player left playing.   ?    ?

Sorry dude, that sucks.  Beasley was only 50 yards or so from 1,000 on the season coming into the game tonight.  I thought they'd go his way more often.  

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Id say the fallout from Brady's taking his suspension appeal so high was where things changed  That brought a lot of heat on Goodell.  Before that he was pretty well linked with Kraft.  After that it was like the Pats were renegades and the NFL was their probation officer. If there was ever a demarcation line in how the league viewed Brady/Pats it was that one.  Before it was occasional noise and then it got cartoonish.  Fans viewed the Pats as above reproach before the split from Goodell.  Before that Kraft was the power broker to getting RG's contract renewed.

He appealed through legal channels.  Had nothing to do with Goodell as with any other appeal through the league.  Appeal process is part of the CBA, not handouts from the commish.  

I have family in NE, know what they all think as a different POV?  That Goodell was a Jets intern and the commish comes down hard on the pats because fo that relationship.  Roll that one around for a minute 

35 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Tip of the iceberg stuff imo.  The pats cheating is like a drunk driver.  the guy gets caught 4 or 5 times but you know for sure that for every time he was caught he drove drunk 10 times.

Missing play books, worries of locker room bugging, coaches head sets going out.  Those bastards cheated a lot more than has come out.

That still comes down to a big fat maybe

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He appealed through legal channels.  Had nothing to do with Goodell as with any other appeal through the league.  Appeal process is part of the CBA, not handouts from the commish.  

I have family in NE, know what they all think as a different POV?  That Goodell was a Jets intern and the commish comes down hard on the pats because fo that relationship.  Roll that one around for a minute 

No.   That's  fine.  I don't imagine the tone of your general replies getting any more receptive.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Brian Griese: "Bill just has to rebuild this team,  just like he did in 2000, and we all know what happened in 2001"

So, your genius plan for NE is to stumble, through sheer blind, infinitesimal tiny odds, into the next GOAT QB in the late rounds and then cheat to mask deficiencies elsewhere??

?

Prince Harry Mic Drop GIF

6 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Brian Griese: "Bill just has to rebuild this team,  just like he did in 2000, and we all know what happened in 2001"

So, your genius plan for NE is to stumble, through sheer blind, infinitesimal tiny odds, into the next GOAT QB in the late rounds and then cheat to mask deficiencies elsewhere??

?

This and when they talked about BB complaining about cap space and just doing the best he can with what he's got.....It's Like your the GM Bill this is your ******* fault.

People seem to give him so much credit for finding Brady but you do not take your franchise QB in the 6th round he got lucky and he's not great as a GM here lately.

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Give me a quick processor over all other attributes, with accuracy being # 2 on the list.  Lots of QB's with questionable/average arms have won in this league.  

Unfortunately, "quick processing" is the most difficult attribute to analyze and project at the pro level.

This is the smartest way to scout  a QB, but a big arm is so much fun to watch and Probably more times then not such a disappointment, then again I’m a jet/met fan so disappointment is 2nd nature 

25 minutes ago, Jolot said:

I really hope the next couple of years that NFL coaches don’t forget 15 years of BB leaving Brady in games in the 4th quarter up by 30 to chuck bombs . 

I was thinking the same thing! Did it to too many times to count. Plus a few stares at our bench from Brady going up by 31 points. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I was thinking the same thing! Did it to too many times to count. Plus a few stares at our bench from Brady going up by 31 points. 

He never took his foot off the gas , he never called off the dogs . Unfortunately I think us fans get pissed off at that stuff more than coaches . But I hope at least a couple of coaches he humiliated the last 15 years stick it to him when they have the chance now . 

7 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

No.   That's  fine.  I don't imagine the tone of your general replies getting any more receptive.

Here it is, your one of those who believe they got away with murder, I believe they were a good team.  You cant prove your point, I cant prove mine.  

Someones tone has nothing to do with it

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Here it is, your one of those who believe they got away with murder, I believe they were a good team.  You cant prove your point, I cant prove mine.  

Someones tone has nothing to do with it

BTW.... Good choice for a profile pick.  Brain Salad Surgery is an amazing album.  The Karn Evil 9 piece was such a wonderful set of sci fi rock extravaganza.  And Jerusalem is a great tune as well. 

It was so sad when Keith Emerson died. Such a rock original with great tales that will go in the Prog Rock Hall of Fame.  I'm  a huge Motorhead fan and Lemmy was a good friend of his. 

• Sympathy 1

46 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

BTW.... Good choice for a profile pick.  Brain Salad Surgery is an amazing album.  The Karn Evil 9 piece was such a wonderful set of sci fi rock extravaganza.  And Jerusalem is a great tune as well. 

It was so sad when Keith Emerson died. Such a rock original with great tales that will go in the Prog Rock Hall of Fame.  I'm  a huge Motorhead fan and Lemmy was a good friend of his. 

Thanks on the album choice, thought  Brain Salad Surgery not only is a great album but perfectly described some posts on the board, lol.  

Saw Carl Palmer about a year ago and he did an interesting take on the ELP years, performing as a 3 piece power rock group.  He made a touching speech over the loss of his friends Keith Emerson and Greg Lake.  Sadly we're getting older and the greats of the past, the pioneers are dropping and its only going to get worse.  

• Upvote 1