Glass Half Full? Brett Kollmann Video

key- nothaving the #1 pcik is not the goddam estrogen releasing mentrual cramping that all the whingers make it out to be.

mots o the best qbs in the game todsay not taken at #1. end of.

get a ******* qb and get some more players and a coach. so far JDhas been decent. even his tinjering last year during the seaosn helped the OL.

prett please, gods that be...no more sam as our starter. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Won't be listening because I'm literally working on an article about the positives moving forward for this team and while there are far more "ifs" than we'd like, there is some good to be taken from this dumpster fire.

• Upvote 3

The thrust of the video seems two make some conflicting points. He says to get your QB when you’ve got a pretty good squad, and don’t be down since, if properly coached, we’ve already got a pretty good squad based only on talent. If any of this is true, then having good talent and getting a great QB was a perfect setup this year.

The more important point is that even QB talent (the most rigorously evaluated position in all of sports) is mostly dis-diagnosed! Most of the best QBs were not the first off the board.

It is of course ridiculous to prefer the #2 pick to #1 since the bet on TL is one of the safer ones. That said, imagine how you would feel if the win order was different. Suppose we won two early but once mathematically out, we completed a rise to the #2 pick. Same position, but perhaps wildly different emotions. If we are fortunate to make good draft choices and wise use of FA capital, we can be a pretty competitive team in 21.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, genot said:

I wish you would at least consider that your wrong about Sam. Maybe your right. But maybe, just maybe, Sam with. Some real talent around him, and a competent HC, can become the QB, we thought he could be, when drafted. He's still very young.

I appreciate you being the captain of the stick with Sam club but do you honestly not understand the negative ramifications of sticking with the worst QB in the NFL for another year and potentially passing on upgrades, in addition the flexibility JD will have with a QB on a rookie contract?   Lots of players dont turn out to be what you wanted when you drafted them, Sam fits squarely in that category.  He's a bad QB.  Hoping that coaching and weaponz and time will be the difference is how you set your franchise back years.  Ultimately, it's not up to us, it's up to JD.  So only time will tell but I hope he's not foolish about this, sticking with Sam wreaks of passing on Watson/Mahomes for Hackenberg. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Losmeister said:

key- nothaving the #1 pcik is not the goddam estrogen releasing mentrual cramping that all the whingers make it out to be.

get a ******* qb and get some more players and a coach. so far JDhas been decent. even his tinjering last year during the seaosn helped the OL.

You been drinking again?   I feel like Charlie Day wrote this.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, JiF said:

in addition the flexibility JD will have with a QB on a rookie contract? 

I like Sam, feel bad for him, but I think you're exactly right with this statement, but I still trade back to get either Wilson, Jones if he comes out, or Lance.

If the package to trade down isn't good enough I probably take the OT and let him and Becton fight it out in camp who's better at LT.

7 hours ago, David Harris said:

I like listening to the guy. I know some don’t but maybe we need a little optimism even if it may be delusional.

Said this in the other thread, but just in case nobody reads that one lol...  SPOT ON !!!! 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I appreciate you being the captain of the stick with Sam club but do you honestly not understand the negative ramifications of sticking with the worst QB in the NFL for another year and potentially passing on upgrades, in addition the flexibility JD will have with a QB on a rookie contract?   Lots of players dont turn out to be what you wanted when you drafted them, Sam fits squarely in that category.  He's a bad QB.  Hoping that coaching and weaponz and time will be the difference is how you set your franchise back years.  Ultimately, it's not up to us, it's up to JD.  So only time will tell but I hope he's not foolish about this, sticking with Sam wreaks of passing on Watson/Mahomes for Hackenberg. 

Douglas isn't foolish. He's worked in the league for years, and is highly regarded. If he sticks with Sam, it's for a very good reason.

15 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

I like Sam, feel bad for him, but I think you're exactly right with this statement, but I still trade back to get either Wilson, Jones if he comes out, or Lance.

If the package to trade down isn't good enough I probably take the OT and let him and Becton fight it out in camp who's better at LT.

I'd just take Fields but I'm great with a trade back as long as QB is in the mix either later in the draft or via FA or trade.  You cant go into next season with the only viable starting QB being Sam Darnold.  He needs to be pushed by real competition if not just out right traded.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'd just take Fields but I'm great with a trade back as long as QB is in the mix either later in the draft or via FA or trade.  You cant go into next season with the only viable starting QB being Sam Darnold.  He needs to be pushed by real competition if not just out right traded.

Im fine with any of the 3 QBs, and if we were able to pick up another few picks by trading back and still getting one that would be even better.   Give me Sam, Trey Lance and additional second round pick and let the HC figure it out

7 hours ago, Marshmello said:

Thanks for posting. That was awesome, much needed therapy.  In Joe we trust.  It's going to be a fun offseason, so many big decisions to be made.   I just hope the Jonson's let Joe make all the decisions. Lets keep it positive in here. ?

I'm just going to repeat what I wrote yesterday to someone else.  Every bad team in the league has a handful of players they look at as building blocks.  And they all also feel that they can turn things around if they draft well, judiciously spend their money, and hire the right HC.  In other words, we're basically nowhere right now.  

4 hours ago, Losmeister said:

Wait a second!  What are those asterisks in between "get a" and "qb"?!  Are you having an estrogen-releasing menstrual cramp?!  I think you are!

Here, try this...

image.thumb.jpeg.b09cc86f734cc5a7552c97837324f104.jpeg

10 hours ago, JiF said:

in addition the flexibility JD will have with a QB on a rookie contract

To me this is the key.  Can Fields be worse than what we've had?  

He sure could be special given his tools, why not take him at two, we still have another #1 to fill other needs for Fields