Jets defense exposed Baker

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

If you viewed things like me you would be a better poster. 

51 years and counting..............

There are no more excuses for this organization.

You want me to engage in an argument that you made at the bottom of this thread that has been argued numerous times by everyone who has posted in this thread because I guess you are too lazy to read and you are critical of how I post? Read the freaking thread. I read several posts of any thread I engage in before I post. Try it sometime. I am not repeating what I and others have written already all over this thread because you have been posting here 51years. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You want me to engage in an argument that you made at the bottom of this thread that has been argued numerous times by everyone who has posted in this thread because I guess you are too lazy to read and you are critical of how I post? Read the freaking thread. I read several posts of any thread I engage in before I post. Try it sometime. I am not repeating what I and others have written already all over this thread because you have been posting here 51years. 

I didn't read the entire thread when I posted to remind you of the Cleveland Browns team decimated by the COVID namely the WR's corps. 

Myself and others repeated the same thing. 

So do you finally get it. 

The NY Jets defense played well but didn't expose Baker he was exposed for not having 4 starting WR's. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

I didn't read the entire thread when I posted to remind you of the Cleveland Browns team decimated by the COVID namely the WR's corps. 

The NY Jets defense played well but didn't expose Baker he was exposed for not having 4 starting WR's. 

And what I am saying to you is read the other posts that answered this exact same position. Is this so difficult? There is a post from me that address exactly what you just said right here. Go find it and respond and I will be happy to answer you. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

And he still almost pulled it out despite playing a lousy game. 

• Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes but haven't you read the NY Jets defense exposed Baker Mayfield. 

Oh please ? Baker was off the first 3 quarters. He came on in the 4th quarter. It’s almost as if he felt totally overwhelmed by not having his wr’s.  I thought he was cooler than that. His body language all game was Darnold-like.  Jets played decently but nearly gave the game away as they did in the Rams game.  They are improving defensively. But they are a long long long way from being a good defense.  

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes but haven't you read the NY Jets defense exposed Baker Mayfield. 

Yeah, Baker had to throw a lot and turned the ball over to lose the game when they put the ball in his hands to win it, something he did all last year until the decided to run a lot and not have Baker throw 40+ times a game. Baker is not a good QB. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's odd to me how people are responding to the OP's original point (praising our run defense) with a discussion about Sam Darnold.

I miss you posting!

You are 100% correct of course.  People are jocking to feel vindicated.  The truth is the Jets have been an awful team, and Sam Darnold as the JETS QB is definitely part of the MESS, but people are seeing it as a way to assign blame, which isn't what you were doing in this thread.  Because Baker played a poor game doesn't vindicate Sam's poor decision making at times this year.

Baker has been GOOD THIS YEAR... VERY GOOD and a poor game doesn't change that fact. Why he is good can be reasonably discussed but the fact is he has done it this year and should lauded for it IMO...

Unfortunately to point out the organizational mess around Darnold is seen as being an apologist for him, by some, which it isn't.....

It isn't Personal, it is alas the current lot of being a Jets Fan!

Happy Holidays All...... :) 

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He didn't have his top 4 WRs and he was missing 2 OL.  

and the jets didn't have their leading DL (Quinnen)... don't have a decent pass rusher... & their secondary is less than average at best... so Both teams appeared to have been evenly matched. ?

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

This is so goddam on-point I wish I could upvote Untouchable's comment a dozen times.

Why?  Who on this forum is unaware that Darnold has played behind a crappy OL and backup WRs due to injury (not to mention the worst HC in the NFL)?  It's been discussed non-stop for the past 2 years.  The bigger question (also discussed ad-nauseam) is if we expect Sam to overcome it 

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Why?  Who on this forum is unaware that Darnold has played behind a crappy OL and backup WRs due to injury (not to mention the worst HC in the NFL)?  It's been discussed non-stop for the past 2 years.  The bigger question (also discussed ad-nauseam) is if we expect Sam to overcome it 

Because it seems like the expectation here is for Sam Darnold to overcome a terrible offensive line, a miserable group of runningbacks, bottom of the league receiving corps, two crap head coaches in a row and one of the worst organizations in professional sports.

More than likely? The kid is done and he'll be nothing more than a backup for some other team. But can we please stop with the "well if we take Justin Fields or Zach Wilson, things will be different". 

We need to make the roster better, and we should stop fooling ourselves into thinking that taking another quarterback before we improve the roster is going to yield different results. 

• Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, jgb said:

Baker has a bad game with a squad of practice squad WRs: “Exposed!!”

Darnold finally doesn’t have a turnover in a game: “Secret FQB in disguise!”

So, I hate to destroy the Darnold Bro’s narrative in this thread with two sentences but:

Baker still threw for more yards (285) on Sunday (with his missing OLs and WRs) than Sam has in any game this season. In fact, Baker threw for more yards on Sunday than Sam has in 32 of his 37 career starts. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

So, I hate to destroy the Darnold Bro’s narrative in this thread with two sentences but:

Baker still threw for more yards (285) on Sunday (with his missing OLs and WRs) than Sam has in any game this season. In fact, Baker threw for more yards on Sunday than Sam has in 32 of his 37 career starts. 

So what? Who gives a sh*t how many yards he threw for. He turned the ball over three times. 

56 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The point is, if Baker has to throw a lot like he did, bad things happen. That is my point. Who cares how many yards he has. He completed just about 50%, no TD's and 2 turnovers. 

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

fail fat girl GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

So what? Who gives a sh*t how many yards he threw for. He turned the ball over three times. 

You're missing the point.

Yes, Baker had a bad game. He's not that good, IMO. He's a solid NFL starter. Nothing special. 

But the point is that Darnold's production has been pitifully bad in comparison to his peers over the duration of his career. And he's been really bad this season. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

The point is, if Baker has to throw a lot like he did, bad things happen. That is my point. Who cares how many yards he has. He completed just about 50%, no TD's and 2 turnovers. 

The point is that, even in a bad game, he was a lot more productive than our guy. 

The takeaway is that Darnold is bad. He's not just "mediocre" - he's bad. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

You're missing the point.

Yes, Baker had a bad game. He's not that good, IMO. He's a solid NFL starter. Nothing special. 

But the point is that Darnold's production has been pitifully bad in comparison to his peers over the duration of his career. And he's been really bad this season. 

No, silly.

The point is that Baker Mayfield did not play well, so therefore Sam Darnold is good.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

The point is that, even in a bad game, he was a lot more productive than our guy. 

The takeaway is that Darnold is bad. He's not just "mediocre" - he's bad. 

Our guy had 2 TD passes and no turn overs. If Baker was as productive, the Browns would be in the playoffs. 

It is incredible what people here think are important stats. 

37 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Our guy had 2 TD passes and no turn overs. If Baker was as productive, the Browns would be in the playoffs. 

It is incredible what people here think are important stats. 

Our 3rd year franchise QB has zero 300 yard games and two 200 yard games this season. 

That seems kind of important - at least as it pertains to 2020 NFL Football. 

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Our 3rd year franchise QB has zero 300 yard games and two 200 yard games this season. 

That seems kind of important - at least as it pertains to 2020 NFL Football. 

Yeah, I mean throwing to Chris Hogan and Barrios most of 2020 will certainly produce these kind of numbers

Oh, I'm sorry, only Baker is allowed the no WR excuse. 

Look, Sam was bad this season, there is no denying that but I will take a 170 yard 2 TD performance with no turnovers over what Mayfield did on Sunday anytime.