It Will be Nice to Root for a Win Again

Bruce Harper

36 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I don't know about you, but I have found rooting against the Jets to be stressful and not fun.  Now that our draft spot is locked in,  I will enjoy rooting, without reservation, for the Jets to embarrass Belicheat and the Pats.  Onward and upwards!

Amen.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, JetsFan1986 said:

I always root for wins.  I have young kids who are Jet fans and we watch the Jets to win obviously.  Look if we went 0-16 and got the top pick I could accept that but I don’t root for losses or advocate tanking on purpose 

I wouldn’t eat any Chinese food anytime soon. Your fortune cookie will read ‘Family therapy is in your future’. 

• Thumb Down 2

6 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I'm rooting for the Jets to win, I'm also playing right into @SAR I's hand.

It's not a "hand".  It's common sense.  The Jets have no reason to fire Adam Gase because a) this team was not capable of winning once Douglas nuked the roster and b) the Jets can't recruit a superior option especially now in light of losing Lawrence.

The White Monday meltdown is going to be epic, though.  I bought a new laptop with a faster processor just to keep up with the traffic.  And I bought some green eyeblack and a new Spotlight White Mims jersey just for the occasion.  Some apps and some Bud Light Seltzer from a PSL Owners mug too.

SAR I

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's not a "hand".  It's common sense.  The Jets have no reason to fire Adam Gase because a) this team was not capable of winning once Douglas nuked the roster and b) the Jets can't recruit a superior option especially now in light of losing Lawrence.

The White Monday meltdown is going to be epic, though.  I bought a new laptop with a faster processor just to keep up with the traffic.  And I bought some green eyeblack and a new Spotlight White Mims jersey just for the occasion.  Some apps and some Bud Light Seltzer from a PSL Owners mug too.

SAR I

SAR1 needs to be placed on high alert suicide watch Sunday and Monday. Where is @jetspenguin and @BettyBoop

42 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'm with you.  This whole season has been disgusting and distasteful to all fans.  I'd like the Jets to step on Belichick's neck next sunday for the entire 60 minutes.

I said it somewhere in another thread.

this is the first year that I can ever remember being apathetic. The hiring of Gase put me in a sh*tty mood with this team. tried to give benefit of doubt. This year just really put me in a weird spot with how I payed attention to this team.

Yes, Crush the Patriots, as long as Gase is still getting fired. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

I wouldn’t eat any Chinese food anytime soon. Your fortune cookie will read ‘Family therapy is in your future’. 

Wonderboy:  Hi my name is Wonderboy and I can't help bickering with people on JetNation.

Group:  Hi Wonderboy!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

I don't know about you, but I have found rooting against the Jets to be stressful and not fun.  Now that our draft spot is locked in,  I will enjoy rooting, without reservation, for the Jets to embarrass Belicheat and the Pats.  Onward and upwards!

I never stopped. I have never rooted for the Jets to lose and never will. 

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

You all realize that SAR I doesn't even like Gase, right?  

Master manipulator.  Amazing skill set for internet message boards.

Let me clarify, again, so we're all on the same page:

I did not want Gase when he was hired.  I loved the idea of an experienced head coach from the offensive side of the ball, but the Gase announcement left me flat.

In 2019, I saw the devastating injuries and was impressed by the 6-2 finish.  Regardless of the quality of the teams we defeated, it was impressive to see the team respond in that fashion.

In 2020, I saw the devastating injuries, again, and a GM tearing the team down, saying goodbye to Robbie Anderson, Jamal Adams, Le'Veon Bell, and Steve McLendon, watching CJ Mosley opt-out, watching Mims/Perriman/Crowder/Perine/Becton miss significant time.  And I saw the team give 200% effort every week.  Looks like we'll have 3 wins.  Should have been 6 if you consider the last second losses to Vegas, New England, and Denver.

As we sit here today, I don't think the Jets can upgrade the HC position, especially after losing Lawrence.  And I think that while a weak offensive coordinator, Adam Gase is a damned good head coach.  Head coaches motivate players, head coaches manage personalities, head coaches manage the media, head coaches hold the locker room together, head coaches get the right support systems on board.  Gase has done a great job in these areas.

Belichick has McDaniels.  Flores has Gailey.  McDermott has Daboll.  Gase will find his OC and there you go, a stable coaching staff ready to take on 2021.  One that is growing as the team is growing.  Not another regime change to Todd Bowles II and more setbacks and housecleanings.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

That is your prerogative.  I admire your loyalty.  But once it was clear that we would finish last, I had no problem rooting for draft position.

I understand many desperately wanted TL I get it.  However I felt those who were fully on the tank train went a little overboard especially against those who were happy the Jets were making plays and not laying down

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

42 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Let me clarify, again, so we're all on the same page:

I did not want Gase when he was hired.  I loved the idea of an experienced head coach from the offensive side of the ball, but the Gase announcement left me flat.

In 2019, I saw the devastating injuries and was impressed by the 6-2 finish.  Regardless of the quality of the teams we defeated, it was impressive to see the team respond in that fashion.

In 2020, I saw the devastating injuries, again, and a GM tearing the team down, saying goodbye to Robbie Anderson, Jamal Adams, Le'Veon Bell, and Steve McLendon, watching CJ Mosley opt-out, watching Mims/Perriman/Crowder/Perine/Becton miss significant time.  And I saw the team give 200% effort every week.  Looks like we'll have 3 wins.  Should have been 6 if you consider the last second losses to Vegas, New England, and Denver.

As we sit here today, I don't think the Jets can upgrade the HC position, especially after losing Lawrence.  And I think that while a weak offensive coordinator, Adam Gase is a damned good head coach.  Head coaches motivate players, head coaches manage personalities, head coaches manage the media, head coaches hold the locker room together, head coaches get the right support systems on board.  Gase has done a great job in these areas.

Belichick has McDaniels.  Flores has Gailey.  McDermott has Daboll.  Gase will find his OC and there you go, a stable coaching staff ready to take on 2021.  One that is growing as the team is growing.  Not another regime change to Todd Bowles II and more setbacks and housecleanings.

SAR I

excellent clarification.  Thank you.

I'd still run over Gase with a bus if I could.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Nothing feels legit in 2020, but yes.  I'd like to see Belish*t miserable after the game the same way he was last night in the presser.  Never saw him so despondent. 

BB looked miserable after winning for a decade.  I sort of feel sorry for him having to feel miserable win or lose.  I feel like the postman having been bitten by the nasty dog on the street for a decade showing up at the house and seeing him lying in the yard whimpering in pain.  On the other hand if he's going to be miserable regardless of the results I guess a little kick while he's lying on the ground is okay.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

Totally agree.  Not that difficult getting motivated to root against the Pats, but releasing all of the pent up disappointment and anger about the 2020 season is going to culminate in assaulting the eardrums of my entire family.

Rooting for a win.  What a novel idea.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Hi to all you Gase loving, Darnold sucker, meaningless win fans. 

Hey thanks for the PM after I called you out for getting into another fight on the board.

I will answer your PM here. I spoke to you last week about fighting with people. You told me tolday in your PM that you have the right to defend yourself.

I checked this thread and YOU started this. The other guys crime? Rooting for the Jets on a Jets board, oh my.

You called him delusional and said he needs family therapy.

I will make this really simple for you to understand. Your posts are coming off as cranky. You might be going for funny but you are failing. There is a note on you in the mod forum. Next step is yours, you can either just talk Jets and stop fighting with people or we can get involved.

Either way no need to get so worked up over this stuff.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Making your kids Jets fans. What kind of father does that to his kids. You’re despicable. I’m reporting you to ACS. 

3C6A7B37-DCE2-4A3C-9732-17CF06161516.jpeg

Most important is people root for wins to show children you always try your best regardless of any situation. Everything else will work it self out if you have that mentality.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

been rooting for wins since 1980.