Craig Carton: Chris Johnson informs Gase he’s a goner

Rhg1084

29 minutes ago, C Mart said:

IIRC Bowles didn’t know. He was supposed to meet with CJ Monday morning but when they returned from NE he asked to speak to CJ and asked him if he was done. Of course CJ said yes. 

Well I just remember reading, cant tell you where that he was informed that he was going after the last game.  It could be wrong but as long as its done, thats all I care really 

Adam Gase

Craig Carton gave an update on the move everyone has known was coming for quite some time. According to Carton, Christopher Johnson met with his executive team and Adam Gase has been told that he will be relieved of his coaching duties.  Johnson has officially made the decision to move on from Adam Gase.

Here is the video clip where Carton discusses this on his show.

Adam Gase is gone pic.twitter.com/TNXXL3vNfn

— Craig Carton (@craigcartonlive) December 29, 2020

This isn’t the first rumor about Gase getting fired. With the team sitting at 2 and 13, the move really isn’t a surprise. There was another report about Adam Gase getting fired that we mentioned yesterday.

In Gase’s first season with the Jets the team finished 7 and 9. That was after a terrible start when Sam Darnold got mono and the injuries kept piling up. Many wondered if Gase would survive his first season but the team rebounded and finished 6 and 2 in the second half of the year.  2020 was over before it began, the Jets never got things on track and the current two game winning streak started after losing the first 13 games of the season.

Check out our forums to read fan reaction to the rumor about Adam Gase getting fired.

The post Carton: Adam Gase is Gone appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
stUY9qAQbsM

Click here to read the full story...

17 minutes ago, viffer said:

Who besides SORE I ?

^^^

more than 40% of the people who responded to the above poll thread wanted him back after 2019!

2 hours ago, flgreen said:

IDK, outside of @SAR I having some fun with the board, I really can't think of to many posters who want to see Gase back as HC.

Some just aren't 100% sure he'll be fired with the Johnson's history.  What I'm stunned about is that 35% of the board want Darnold back.

IDK, outside of [mention=9488]SAR I[/mention] having some fun with the board, I really can't think of to many posters who want to see Gase back as HC.
Some just aren't 100% sure he'll be fired with the Johnson's history.  What I'm stunned about is that 35% of the board want Darnold back.

I do not think it is appropriate for that jerk to speak condescendingly on this board about the financial misfortunes of others and quite frankly don’t think it should’ve tolerated here.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Chris Johnson said he made a mistake keeping Mac for too long. I’m glad he learned from his mistake and immediately did the same thing again. CJ makes idiot Woody look like a genius. He is Macaggnan level horrible when it comes to owner’s being completely brain dead. 

THIS!!!!

The best comparison to this sh*t show we have right now is waiting until after free agency and the draft to fire Mac. Here - Let's give you the ability to fu*k up the future of the team even more BEFORE we show you the door. 

• Upvote 1

@SAR I

You trolled our entire fan base all year about your lover boy Adam Gase. 

You make fun of Met fans and troll your own Jets fan base 24/7. 

I hope in return Jets and Mets fan troll you and make fun of you forever and laugh at you for trolling us over Adam Gase

????????@ @SAR I

1588571521_JetHCs.png.1c5d51feec106e8eb2166d2933c520f1.png.23b48c0658027689db735cbe7619fec4.png

And if you begin to TROLL our next Jets coach all because you're butthurt over your lover getting FIRED?!? 

I'll personally message everyone who responds to you and request that they put you on IGNORE (so you can troll us while talking to your lonesome). 

I already know your next move. And it's to TROLL the heck out of our next head coach. 

Hopefully JN doesn't allow it to happen again ?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

11 minutes ago, i sat at shea said:

I do not think it is appropriate for that jerk to speak condescendingly on this board about the financial misfortunes of others and quite frankly don’t think it should’ve tolerated here.

Him trolling innocent and longtime suffering Mets fans on a Jets forum is even more disgusting. 

• Upvote 1

[mention=9488]SAR I[/mention]
I hope in return Jets and Mets fan troll you and make fun of you forever and laugh at you for trolling us over Adam Gase
???????@ [mention=9488]SAR I[/mention]
1588571521_JetHCs.png.1c5d51feec106e8eb2166d2933c520f1.png.23b48c0658027689db735cbe7619fec4.png
And if you begin to TROLL our next Jets coach all because you're butthurt over your lover getting FIRED?!? 
I'll personally message everyone who responds to you and request that they put you on IGNORE (so you can troll us while talking to your lonesome). 
I already know your next move. And it's to TROLL the heck out of our next head coach. 
Hopefully JN doesn't allow it to happen again

And all the while he speaks condescendingly about those members here who aren’t in the same socioeconomic class as he is. It’s disgusting and it really is awful that it is permitted here. I really appreciate your post.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, i sat at shea said:

And all the while he speaks condescendingly about those members here who aren’t in the same socioeconomic class as he is. It’s disgusting and it really is awful that it is permitted here. I really appreciate your post.

It's all good I already called him out on his "Rolex Bluff". I asked him to provide a picture of his fake "Rolex collection" and he couldn't ??‍♂️? for someone to brag about a Rolex collection but yet couldn't post pictures of them (side by side all at the same time) is pathetic. 

What really pissed me off was during our Rams win. He was having the TIME OF HIS LIFE laughing @ us for losing out on Trevor Lawrence. 

The Rolex talk. The Adam Gase trolling. The making fun of suffering Mets fans. The Trevor Lawrence laughter etc. It's absolutely disgusting. 

I hope as Jet fans we stand together and never let him make a horrid season even more horrible on us. Ever again. He pretty much tortured us here on JN this year. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

@SAR I

????????@ @SAR I

Hopefully JN doesn't allow it to happen again ?

SORE I

C20B36DA-B15C-4C4E-9668-76129B08CD24.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

^^^

more than 40% of the people who responded to the above poll thread wanted him back after 2019!

Absolutely true.  But finishing 6-2 gave many people (obviously not all or even the majority) some pause as to whether Gase deserved another season.  He was coming off a bad season where the roster was trash but still had players competing for him and winning games down the stretch.  It wasn't a ridiculous idea that a coach should get a second season after things played out like that.  In hindsight however it's much easier to say it was foolish.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Absolutely true.  But finishing 6-2 gave many people (obviously not all or even the majority) some pause as to whether Gase deserved another season.  He was coming off a bad season where the roster was trash but still had players competing for him and winning games down the stretch.  It wasn't a ridiculous idea that a coach should get a second season after things played out like that.  In hindsight however it's much easier to say it was foolish.

He should have never been hired, but once you hired him - you had to give him the second year.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

They can't contact anyone under contract to an NFL team.  Maybe an NCAA guy, but no real advantage.

Understand your point but I'll disagree slightly.  You need every advantage you can get.  If the Jets have a list of 3-4 college candidates and 5-6 NFL assistant coaches then why not get started on outreach to the NCAA guys now?  There will be heavy competition this year for HC candidates including several situations that could be much better than the Jets (Texans and DeShaun Watson, JAGS with the 1st overall pick, etc.).  The clock is ticking.  The Jets 2019 process was seemingly thorough, but it was led by Mike Maccagnan and Christopher Johnson.  It was a completely goofed process that had them interviewing Kliff Kingsbury the day before he was hired by Arizona, trying to hire Matt Rhule while also forcing assistants on him, and it ultimately ended with the hiring of a recycled Miami coach supported by a phone call to Jets ownership by Peyton Manning.

We can only hope that what we're hearing is true about Joe Douglas having control of the coach search.  If he's suggesting that ownership clear the way with Gase to allow Douglas to get to work now on contacting candidates then I'm all for it.  We need every advantage we can get!

11 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

It's all good I already called him out on his "Rolex Bluff". I asked him to provide a picture of his fake "Rolex collection" and he couldn't ??‍♂️? for someone to brag about a Rolex collection but yet couldn't post pictures of them (side by side all at the same time) is pathetic. 

What really pissed me off was during our Rams win. He was having the TIME OF HIS LIFE laughing @ us for losing out on Trevor Lawrence. 

The Rolex talk. The Adam Gase trolling. The making fun of suffering Mets fans. The Trevor Lawrence laughter etc. It's absolutely disgusting. 

I hope as Jet fans we stand together and never let him make a horrid season even more horrible on us. Ever again. He pretty much tortured us here on JN this year. 

He's small potato's to a jets poster on here for trolling. You have one here that has been banned on every AFCE fan board and probably every other Jets site on the internet.  SAR1 has done his best at trolling during tough times here and he may very well believe what he posts. He's just annoying to true jets fans. 

• Upvote 1