Albert Breer says keep an eye on this coach for Jets vacancy

HawkeyeJet

Arthur Smith.  Breer has a good sense about these things and if I recall correctly was early in Gase being a possibility then getting the job last go round.  Also mentions Campbell and Brady. FWIW he's saying his "favorite candidates" for the job so that could mean multiple things, but usually when reporters use "someone to watch", that's a hint.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I learned the other day that Arthur Smith's father is the founder of FedEx or some big mega company

Could be wrong, but I heard that somewhere

So then he must be a jerk because that’s the logic being used about Zach Wilson and his uncle running JetBlue 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Isn’t Breer the one that was saying watch Marvin Lewis?

I could be wrong but I don't think so.  I am not sure I've actually seen any of the main NFL insider types actually mention Lewis for the Jets.  Daniel Jeremiah mentioned him as a name that would have buzz, but not for any specific job.  I think some assumed that meant the Jets because if his connection to Douglas.

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

I could be wrong but I don't think so.  I am not sure I've actually seen any of the main NFL insider types actually mention Lewis for the Jets.  Daniel Jeremiah mentioned him as a name that would have buzz, but not for any specific job.  I think some assumed that meant the Jets because if his connection to Douglas.

I thought it was a thread here, but am probably wrong.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Not a fan. Only been OC for 2 years, young, essentially going to be learning on the job. The Jets can't afford to get this wrong.

Why?? We've gotten it wrong basically for 50 years with the exception of Parcells. Im more concerned that @SAR I will run out of room on his rookie coaches banner.  John Harbagh, McVay Mike Tomlin come to mind as good coaches that jumped to the front of the line.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I must say...

Before the big, milestone win. - The Jets were connected to Cower, Harbaugn and a slew of big time college HC's.

Two short weeks later it's a slew of JAG OC's.

Is he a JAG OC?  The Titans were 10th in offense last year, 3rd this year.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

• Matt Campbell is the top choice and the best possible coach for us.

• Joe Brady, Arthur Smith, Don Martindale are very good Plan Bs.

• Brian Daboll & Robert Saleh would be right up there with them, but they’re not realistic for us.

• Marvin Lewis, Greg Roman, Eric Bienemy meh. Could be worse but mehhhh.

• Matt Eberflus, Joe Woods, Patrick Graham, Dennis Allen, Leslie Frazier hells no!

• Wild Cards —> Mike McDaniel, Dan Mullen, Doug Pederson

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

All baseless speculation. The Cowher thing came out of Boomer saying Cowher liked the Jets current situation, and the Harbaugh thing came out fans fantasies.  

Baseless or not...

Before the big win that is sure to carry momentum into next season..

The speculation was legitimate coaches - - the speculation now is JAG OC's.  Wether the speculation is real or imagined it is, in fact, the case

Just pointing it out is all...

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I must say...

Before the big, milestone win. - The Jets were connected to Cower, Harbaugn and a slew of big time college HC's.

Two short weeks later it's a slew of JAG OC's.

Two weeks ago was also the easiest draft choice imaginable.

Jets went from having a desirable head coaching opening with a no-brainer selection at #1 to... 

JAGs and other risky candidates for HC and way, WAY too many choices for a self-destructive franchise with the #2 pick.

The #2 overall is a complete mess.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Is he a JAG OC?  The Titans were 10th in offense last year, 3rd this year.  

Yes.  He's a JAG until proven otherwise.

I know whole bunch of OC's that were good for more than one year and terrible coaches.  

Two years ago he was a TE's coach.  4 years ago he was the assistant TE coach. 

I'll pass.

Well he certainly is moving up the pecking order. OL & TE Coach to OC. I like that he understands how to coach OL and getting TE involved in the offense. A good running game and line is essential to whoever is going to be our QB. 

• Upvote 1