Albert Breer says keep an eye on this coach for Jets vacancy

HawkeyeJet

It doesn't matter who the next coach is. The Jets will still suck and continue to suck. I've been posting this on JN since 2005 and before that on JI since 2000 and have yet to be proven wrong. 

The next coach could be some genetically engineered hybrid of Vince Lombardi, Bill Belichick, Andy Reid, Mike Holmgren, Bill Cowher, Bill Parcells and Jesus Christ and the Jets will still suck.

But hey - who am I to take away your constitutional right to dream. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

It doesn't matter who the next coach is. The Jets will still suck and continue to suck. I've been posting this on JN since 2005 and before that on JI since 2000 and have yet to be proven wrong. 

The next coach could be some genetically engineered hybrid of Vince Lombardi, Bill Belichick, Andy Reid, Mike Holmgren, Bill Cowher, Bill Parcells and Jesus Christ and the Jets will still suck.

But hey - who am I to take away your constitutional right to dream. 

Once again, thanks for saving us time and energy Nostradamus 

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

What in the world does 57 year old matter?  Are we in the 19th century?  I'll worry about his age when he reaches Medicare age.  And right now, Elmer J Fudd could turn this team around.

Age, plus moving up the ladder timeline. He’s been a coordinator for 3 seasons at the NFL level. I think the Jets need a guy with way more experience coaching all facets of a team. We’re going to pair another young QB with an older linebackers coach? Really?

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

Dude must really love football.  That's probably a good sign that he has advanced as far as he has when he might not even need to work, or work much.

If my dad had been worth $6B, I wouldn't've waited until I was 55 to live on a Mexican beach. 

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

They were good DC’s. All terrible HC’s.

That wasnt the question.  You said the Ravens always have good defenses when it was said he had a top D in Baltimore.  It wasnt coaching, now it was.  

Youre dancing.   

I'm not selling anyone, my pick is no better than anyone elses.  I'm just pointing out how ridiculous it is to tell anyone that their pick wont work out and to keep harping on their guy.  As if your pick is any better than anyone elses.  

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That wasnt the question.  You said the Ravens always have good defenses when it was said he had a top D in Baltimore.  It wasnt coaching, now it was.  

Youre dancing.   

I'm not selling anyone, my pick is no better than anyone elses.  I'm just pointing out how ridiculous it is to tell anyone that their pick wont work out and to keep harping on their guy.  As if your pick is any better than anyone elses.  

So your position is anything the Jets do will be good. Great. Way to really stick your neck out. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

So your position is anything the Jets do will be good. Great. Way to really stick your neck out. 

One more time, slowly, I'm not advocating anyone as cant miss.  Im saying that complaining about where the next successful HC will come from as if you have the only right answer to that question is arrogant and based on total nonsense.  Whats to stick out, theres no science involved here, theres no answer better than the other, you just cant accept that and will argue forever that Martindale is too old or whatever argument youre dancing around because you think your pick is better than everyone elses

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

One more time, slowly, I'm not advocating anyone as cant miss.  Im saying that complaining about where the next successful HC will come from as if you have the only right answer to that question is arrogant and based on total nonsense.  Whats to stick out, theres no science involved here, theres no answer better than the other, you just cant accept that and will argue forever that Martindale is too old or whatever argument youre dancing around because you think your pick is better than everyone elses

So no complaining. Shut up Jets fans,  and let my friends Woody and Chris hire whoever they want. Got it.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

So no complaining. Shut up Jets fans,  and let my friends Woody and Chris hire whoever they want. Got it.

Where and how did you come to that conclusion from all the posting up to now?  

And why do you have.a problem with "your friends" Woody and Chris hiring someone who's not your pick but no problem or sarcastic snide remark if "your friends" hire your guy? 

Guess what, hate to break this to you, if its Martindale and the thinking is that its because of the Ravens connection, we know that JD is making the pick or heavily influencing the pick.  And ultimately the owners of the Jets, any football team, sign off on any hire.  Even the guy you like.  Thats how it works, sorry 

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Where and how did you come to that conclusion from all the posting up to now?  

And why do you have.a problem with "your friends" Woody and Chris hiring someone who's not your pick but no problem or sarcastic snide remark if "your friends" hire your guy? 

I’ve given my reasons. Limited experience, no experience on offense, no experience as a HC. I need a guy who’s shown the ability as a CEO to grow a program. The Jets are a total rebuild, which is why this go around I’d prefer a college HC who has won in multiple stops. For this specific hire, for this specific team, at this specific time experience matters. The Jets cannot afford to screw this up again. 

Why, in your opinion, would Martindale not be a good hire- what are your negatives ?

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Maybe a little. We're familiar with gripes. They're not constructive and don't change anything. Woody and Chris will be in charge regardless. It comes down to having some faith in Joe Douglas to get it done. 

• Upvote 1

I’ve given my reasons. Limited experience, no experience on offense, no experience as a HC. I need a guy who’s shown the ability as a CEO to grow a program. The Jets are a total rebuild, which is why this go around I’d prefer a college HC who has won in multiple stops. For this special hire, for this specific team, as this specific time experience matters. 

Why, in your opinion, would Martindale not be a good hire- what are your negatives ?

Can you read?  

Keep telling the world why what you want is the only way to go.  Youre right, no one else is

6 minutes ago, slats said:

Maybe a little. We're familiar with gripes. They're not constructive and don't change anything. Woody and Chris will be in charge regardless. It comes down to having some faith in Joe Douglas to get it done. 

Woody and Chris being in charge is precisely why hiring another cheaper coordinator is why this would be destined to fail. They’ve gone that route before. If they identified their blind spots in the hiring process, I think the obvious answer would be to bring in a guy who yeah may cost more, but has experience as a HC and building programs from the ground up(which the Jets are)

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Woody and Chrissy handpicked Bowles and Gase.  They will handpick the next coach

thats terrifying

Casserly and Wolf hand picked Bowles.

CJ and Macc picked Gase, not good.

Hopefully he learned and allows JD to make the hire and just signs off on it.  

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Woody and Chris being in charge is precisely why hiring another cheaper coordinator is why this would be destined to fail. They’ve gone that route before. If they identified their blind spots in the hiring process, I think I the obvious answer would be to bring in a guy who yeah may cost more, but has experience as a HC and building programs from the ground up(which the Jets are)

If JD is as well respected around the league as we're generally led to believe, then he shouldn't have too difficult a time attracting top coaching options with all the draft picks and cap space he's currently sitting on. The team has a couple pieces, but is largely a clean slate with the resources available for the right guy to turn it around quickly. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Which way would you go and why? 

The part that boggles the mind is you still want to argue that one persons pick is better than anothers.  Or that theres one correct answer here.  

I have a group like everyone should have otherwise theyre more than likely going to whine like you are that they picked the wrong guy.  Based on absolutely nothing

Best part of all youre complaining that I've given my group countless times and Campbell is my first picks.  But what do I know?  Nothing

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Bowles never learned how to be a head coach.  He also was obsessed with running the ball and fired the best coordinator we had in years (Morton) because “he wanted a more run heavy offense”.  Martindale, by all accounts and rumors, seems to understand that running a 21st century offense is the only way you are going to be successful in this sport.

The Jets will absolutely pay Campbell.  That isn’t the question.  The question is whether or not he, like many others, wants to leave.  You could throw a giant contract at Lincoln Riley.  He isn’t leaving Oklahoma right now.  Also, as much as I like Campbell, he could just as easily add his name to the long list of college guys who don’t pan out in the NFL.  There is just as much risk with a college coach as there is with an NFL coordinator.  Again, because I said it to you before and you ignored it, do you think Buffalo is upset right now that they went with an unknown defensive coordinator in Sean McDermott??  No.  They’re over the moon that they got a guy who turned out to be one of the best coaches in the league.

Everytime we hear about a defensive coordinator up for the head coaching job we hear that they want to have an aggressive offense. Unfortunately the games start and they are all conservative and want to run it 100 times a game. If Martindale is different and is in favor of drafting Wilson at 2 I can get on board but something tells me he will coach like Rex and start the 1960s ground and pound once again.

• Upvote 1

Woody and Chris being in charge is precisely why hiring another cheaper coordinator is why this would be destined to fail. They’ve gone that route before. If they identified their blind spots in the hiring process, I think I the obvious answer would be to bring in a guy who yeah may cost more, but has experience as a HC and building programs from the ground up(which the Jets are)

I don't think this helps to foster the nurturing environment we need to provide for all the people who swore for years that they didn't want another overpromoted defensive coordinator to intelligently debate how many championships a hypothetical Martindale hiring would certainly bring.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slats said:

If JD is as well respected around the league as we're generally led to believe, then he shouldn't have too difficult a time attracting top coaching options with all the draft picks and cap space he's currently sitting on. The team has a couple pieces, but is largely a clean slate with the resources available for the right guy to turn it around quickly. 

I would never try to convince a normal person of the truth of many things that Jets fans are generally led to believe.

1 minute ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

I would never try to convince a normal person of the truth of many things that Jets fans are generally led to believe.

So you're saying Jet fans aren't normal people? Could be true, but I just wanted to be clear. 

29 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, Matt, seems like you’d be upset if the Jets hired someone you didn’t want them to hire, but you’d be happy if they hired someone you did want them to hire...hmm, interesting

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, slats said:

So you're saying Jet fans aren't normal people? Could be true, but I just wanted to be clear. 

Get a quarterback from USC. Fire somebody. Promote a defensive coordinator. Championship. It works every time. Starting next time.

I would be happy if Martindale was the hire if for no other reason than that I don't see how it would contribute to the effort to get Darnold a second contract that I am presently assuming to be Douglas's primary objective.

• Post of the Week 1

16 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Campbell I think checks the most boxes. Young(but not too young), HC experience, can run a program, was an OC so understands offensive football.

It'd be a miracle if he takes the job since he declined an interview when we hired Gase but I'd be most happy if he was hired.

Honestly makes me want him more. He was smart enough to avoid Mac and the mess he created.