I apologize to everyone on JN for my Trevor Lawrence post's; is there any room left on the Justin Fields/Zach Wilson bandwagon?

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Nope. I'm not you. 

At first I thought you created a Jaguars/Trevor avatar out of superstition; which I respected. 

But now that we've missed out on Lawrence? Your act is getting really old around here. 

His act is getting really old?

tumblr_mjmpbzXYRM1rheilao1_250.gifv

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, QB1 said:

Justin fields was equally as legendary a high school prospect as TL. Both out of Georgia they basically both graded out equally as two of the best recruits ever.

They attended the same elite 11 QB camp where fields took MVP

ever since touching the field in college fields has outperformed TL in every statistical measure. Last year he completed a higher % of his passes, threw for more yards, more TDs, and fewer picks in one less game, against tougher competition. 

after the first 3 games this year fields was giving TL a run for the #1 pick. He opened the season completing 90% of his passes for 1000 yards 11 TDs and zero picks. It was a hot topic on ESPN and even on this forum back in November. 

he had a “down” game vs Indiana where he threw two dumb picks while getting tackled. Still manages to throw for 300 yards 2 TDs, and run for 100 and another score in that game. 

he had a bad game vs northwestern where ohio state was missing basically half its offensive personnel. Northwestern sold out to stop the pass to the tune of allowing over 300+ yards rushing. Fields injured his hand early in the second half 

people act like TL is perfect but watch his game vs VT. It was as bad a performance as fields has ever put on (against a sh*t team) he should of had 3 picks. Lets not forget the games against OSU and LSU in the playoffs, total clunkers by TL. Also TL struggled massive to start his second year at Clemson, people forget but he Was bad for about a 4 game stretch to start the year. This is fields second year starting and has faced a much higher level of competition than TL.

fields is an elite physical specimen. Think Russell Wilson but 6”3. Built like a tank, 4.4 speed, cannon arm, pin point deep accuracy, and extremely elusive. Other than being 3 inches shorter he is a better athlete than Lawrence in every way. He’s a TRUE nfl dual threat. He also has a bit of a baseball background (like Wilson, brady, Murray, mahomes do) MLB scouts were pressuring him to play baseball in college. 

Check out a former NFL QB break down fields and Lawrence, who do you think he likes better?

IF fields outplays/beats Clemson he is going to be the sure fire #2 pick and the Jets will rush to the podium 

It seems the knock I have seen on him is he is not as quick in processing as say a Zach Wilson.  He tends to hold onto the ball a tad too long.  In the NFL, on a team like the Jets could be a problem.  I'm not saying it will be but it is something I'm a bit concerned about.   If not for that I would all on board for Fields.  As it stands, I prefer Zach Wilson.  He seems to have that "it" factor.  I know he is "only 210" but is 6'3 (or is listed that way. I lot will depend on the combine and what his true height and weight is).    As a passer I think he has a better arm than Fields, he definitely has better arm "talent" imho.   But even if they were about equal in that category and also in turns of mobility (I think Wilson is better there too...)  his ability to see the field and quickly get the ball out definitely definitely an edge he appears to have over Fields.  I know we have spent the last two years with TL and Fields being 1 and 1a or 1b and Wilson seems to have come out of no where, but I really believe he is going to be a hell of an NFL quarterback.  I hope JD feels the same way too. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

It seems the knock I have seen on him is he is not as quick in processing as say a Zach Wilson.  He tends to hold onto the ball a tad too long.  In the NFL, on a team like the Jets could be a problem.  I'm not saying it will be but it is something I'm a bit concerned about.   If not for that I would all on board for Fields.  As it stands, I prefer Zach Wilson.  He seems to have that "it" factor.  I know he is "only 210" but is 6'3 (or is listed that way. I lot will depend on the combine and what his true height and weight is).    As a passer I think he has a better arm than Fields, he definitely has better arm "talent" imho.   But even if they were about equal in that category and also in turns of mobility (I think Wilson is better there too...)  his ability to see the field and quickly get the ball out definitely definitely an edge he appears to have over Fields.  I know we have spent the last two years with TL and Fields being 1 and 1a or 1b and Wilson seems to have come out of no where, but I really believe he is going to be a hell of an NFL quarterback.  I hope JD feels the same way too. 

Completely agree. By the time the draft rolls around, I have a feeling this wont even be a debate. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

While in the meantime I've down talked and questioned the idea of other QBs (all because I was 100% convinced Trevor Lawrence would become a Jet). 

I was wrong. 

Any room left on the Justin Fields and/or Zach Wilson bandwagon for me to join? 

Because if so, I'd love to see Justin Fields destroy Clemson while out performing Trevor Lawrence while going onto beating Alabama and winning himself a National Championship Title. 

Right now I'm in favor of Penei Sewell but it would become pretty damn exciting for me (heading into the draft) if Justin Fields can absolutely explode vs Clemson & Alabama. 

Sell me Fields and Zach fans. Sell me. 

No, but there's a lot of room on the Gase bandwagon.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

I’d bet 50$ to a charity of your choice that Zach Wilson is picked in the top 10.

For real.  Unless there are medical questions that arise, no way he isn't top ten or even top 5.  I can definitely see the Jets taking him if JD thinks he is a (significant) upgrade over Darnold.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Engineer said:

What I mean Is Wilson will be the CLEAR no 2. I just hope JD actually pulls the trigger on a guy like this. TBD

Fields becomes the clear #2 QB if (and only if) he destroys both Clemson/Alabama and if not; Zach Wilson will enter the topic of conversation. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Nope. I'm not you. 

At first I thought you created a Jaguars/Trevor avatar out of superstition; which I respected. 

But now that we've missed out on Lawrence? Your act is getting really old around here. 

Nonetheless I'll be hoping Justin Fields (who I've crapped all over) can prove me wrong and light up awesome Clemson/Alabama defenses. 

I don't have too much pride to be proven wrong especially if being proven wrong gets me an awesome Jets Franchise QB. 

Right now I'm on the Penei Sewell wagon but I'll glady jump off if Fields can impress me...

Talking about someone else's act getting really old, that's pretty funny. You're worse than that dead fraud Sylvia Browne and the rest of the "psychics" who cold read like a carnival sideshow. They only televise the parts where they're "right", not the 90% of the time where they're wrong that winds up on the cutting room floor.

You should post all of your cutting room floor threads instead and make your attention-grabbing worth everyone's time.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

Yup, could see a QB, or Sewell and roll with Darnold for another season. Obviously, a lot will come down to what the next HC thinks. If they bring in a guy like Daboll and he thinks he can salvage Darnold that may be enough to pass on a QB. Either way, I think I'm over the post-Lawrence depression and ready to see what the team does.
It's never simple with this franchise, is it.

i dont think any new hc candidate will sell himself as sams fixer as that instantly shortens his own leash.
  • Post of the Week 2

34 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Fields becomes the clear #2 QB if (and only if) he destroys both Clemson/Alabama and if not; Zach Wilson will enter the topic of conversation. 

That’s a big if based off of how he has okayed lately. I’d love to see it though. Still, I’m on the Wilson train at the moment.

40 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Wilson has more arm talent and decision making in one finger than Fields does in his whole body. the frame questions are typical couch GM/amateur scout mumbo jumbo that would of mattered 20 years ago when prototypical size for QB’s mattered — even then the kid is 6’3 and can easily reach 215 and widen his frame in one offseason program. This talk about his “frame” is laughable. Okay, let that be the reason a GM doesn’t pick a QB he likes. Instant axe.

“Oh we didn’t want to pick Wilson because he’s a little too thin for us. He has tremendous traits, decision making, arm talent & athleticism but he was just a little too skinny.”

see how that goes over with the owner

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

21 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Wilson has more arm talent and decision making in one finger than Fields does in his whole body. the frame questions are typical couch GM/amateur scout mumbo jumbo that would of mattered 20 years ago when prototypical size for QB’s mattered — even then the kid is 6’3 and can easily reach 215 and widen his frame in one offseason program. This talk about his “frame” is laughable. Okay, let that be the reason a GM doesn’t pick a QB he likes. Instant axe.

“Oh we didn’t want to pick Wilson because he’s a little too thin for us. He has tremendous traits, decision making, arm talent & athleticism but he was just a little too skinny.”

see how that goes over with the owner

No he doesn’t. What are you basing this off? They are both 1 read QBs right now. I get that Wilson looks twitchy and fields doesn’t but that does not mean one is processing things faster than the other.

50 minutes ago, QB1 said:

No he doesn’t. What are you basing this off? They are both 1 read QBs right now. I get that Wilson looks twitchy and fields doesn’t but that does not mean one is processing things faster than the other.

I’m basing this off of what I have sat here and poured hours into watching. “Twitchy”? What does that even mean in regards to going through progressions. I’ve heard of players being a twitchy athlete....that’s about it. 

now man up and take me up on my bet if you’re so sure Wilson will be a late first rounder.

Put up or shut up.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m basing this off of what I have sat here and poured hours into watching. “Twitchy”? What does that even mean in regards to going through progressions. I’ve heard of players being a twitchy athlete....that’s about it. 

now man up and take me up on my bet if you’re so sure Wilson will be a late first rounder.

Put up or shut up.

For as much as I make fun of the Rutgers defenses of the Big Ten etc Wilson has never played against the level of competition that Fields has. 

I'm trying to warm up to Zach Wilson but he's played against nothing but atrocious defenses.. 

7 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I'm trying to warm up to Zach Wilson but he's played against nothing but atrocious defenses.. 

The big 10 doesn’t know what an actual defense looks like and it produced Kyler Murray & Baker Mayfield. 

SEC defenses are known as the most NFL ready, no? Why are all their QB’s garbage the last 15 years if they’re playing NFL level defenses? AJ McCarron, McElroy, Zach Mettenberger, Tebow, Manziel, Jamarcus Russell, Vince Young. list goes on and on.

conference doesn’t really matter as much as people try to make it matter.

Josh Allen threw 53% in the Mountain West.

Watson, Lamar - ACC

Jared Goff, Aaron Rodgers - Cali State

Brees - Purdue

Justin Herbert? PAC-12

48 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

The big 10 doesn’t know what an actual defense looks like and it produced Kyler Murray & Baker Mayfield. 

SEC defenses are known as the most NFL ready, no? Why are all their QB’s garbage the last 15 years if they’re playing NFL level defenses? AJ McCarron, McElroy, Zach Mettenberger, Tebow, Manziel, Jamarcus Russell, Vince Young. list goes on and on.

conference doesn’t really matter as much as people try to make it matter.

Josh Allen threw 53% in the Mountain West.

Watson, Lamar - ACC

Jared Goff, Aaron Rodgers - Cali State

Brees - Purdue

Justin Herbert? PAC-12

You are mixing up big 10 with the big 12. 

• Upvote 1