I want Brian Schottenheimer to be our head coach

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As Seattle's OC he has helped Wilson surpass his single season high for touchdown passes (currently at 38 td's) and is on pace to finish with his best completion percentage (70%) and most yards passin

Going to cut you slack and assume you don't recall his tenure here as OC. Simply would not trust this guy with a coffee order. One story; the 2011 Tebow game in Denver. All the Jets had to do was

What is it with some Jets fans? They want Rex back, they want Schitty Jr. back who they couldn’t wait to get rid of 10 years ago... Stop trying to desperately cling to any modicum of success

Posted Images

As Seattle's OC he has helped Wilson surpass his single season high for touchdown passes (currently at 38 td's) and is on pace to finish with his best completion percentage (70%) and most yards passing (4.300) in his 9th season. He's known for running a nice conservative offense, but he's gotten much more aggressive in Seattle this season.  He may not be the genius Daboll is, but I like what I see in Seattle.

Don’t be surprised if the Seahawks win it all. 

You must be new to this team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schittyheimer is exactly what you don’t want in a coach.  He’s not a culture changer.  He’s not a leader.  He’s a terrible coach.  If his father wasn’t so loved in the league this guy would never be hired.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
1 hour ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

You must be new to this team

You must be stuck in the past. Brian Schottenheimer would hire a great staff, and he'd be a good fit with Justin Fields after working with Russell Wilson. Fact is the Jets are looking at him. If you don't like it, that's fine. I don't give a schitty. lol

Report: Jets interested in Brian Schottenheimer as next head coach

Joe Fann
Sun, January 3, 2021, 1:22 PM EST·1 min read

7a5e46bf089a3ac96808b43798e99b0e

Report: Jets interested in Brian Schottenheimer as next head coach originally appeared on NBC Sports Northwest

Week 17 of the NFL season always brings with it a flurry of rumors regarding current head coaches, potential head coaches and other league executives.

Ian Rapoport shared on Sunday morning that the Lions may pursue Seahawks GM John Schneider. Now, Tom Pelissero has added that the Jets are likely to interview Brian Schottenheimer to be their next head coach. The team is expected to part ways with Adam Gase following the team's season finale against the Patriots.

Schottenheimer has now been linked to two head coaching vacancies with the Houston Texans being the other.

The Seahawks have had a top-10 scoring offense in each of Schottenheimer's three seasons as offensive coordinator. Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson have each given him their endorsement in regard to his candidacy as a head coach.

“I think he's an incredible candidate,” Carroll said in December. “I think he's exactly what owners are looking for."

The Jets organization is already familiar with Schottenheimer as he spent six seasons in New York from 2006-11 as offensive coordinator.

There will be no shortage of promising candidates in this hiring cycle, but Schottenheimer is unique in that he'd break the mold of young, up-and-comers that have been heavily targeted in recent seasons.

11 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

You must be stuck in the past. Brian Schottenheimer would hire a great staff, and he'd be a good fit with Justin Fields after working with Russell Wilson. Fact is the Jets are looking at him. If you don't like it, that's fine. I don't give a schitty. lol

Has Schottenheimer ever had success with a QB not named Russell Wilson?

• Upvote 3
11 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Report: Jets interested in Brian Schottenheimer as next head coach

Joe Fann
Sun, January 3, 2021, 1:22 PM EST·1 min read

7a5e46bf089a3ac96808b43798e99b0e

Report: Jets interested in Brian Schottenheimer as next head coach originally appeared on NBC Sports Northwest

Week 17 of the NFL season always brings with it a flurry of rumors regarding current head coaches, potential head coaches and other league executives.

Ian Rapoport shared on Sunday morning that the Lions may pursue Seahawks GM John Schneider. Now, Tom Pelissero has added that the Jets are likely to interview Brian Schottenheimer to be their next head coach. The team is expected to part ways with Adam Gase following the team's season finale against the Patriots.

Schottenheimer has now been linked to two head coaching vacancies with the Houston Texans being the other.

The Seahawks have had a top-10 scoring offense in each of Schottenheimer's three seasons as offensive coordinator. Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson have each given him their endorsement in regard to his candidacy as a head coach.

“I think he's an incredible candidate,” Carroll said in December. “I think he's exactly what owners are looking for."

The Jets organization is already familiar with Schottenheimer as he spent six seasons in New York from 2006-11 as offensive coordinator.

There will be no shortage of promising candidates in this hiring cycle, but Schottenheimer is unique in that he'd break the mold of young, up-and-comers that have been heavily targeted in recent seasons.

6D8849F4-D4F0-46F8-8E38-61F9C3E0E951.jpeg.4fd578ba18d0a32045285cb3f90d49f0.jpeg

• Upvote 1
On 12/29/2020 at 10:47 PM, Bugg said:

Going to cut you slack and assume you don't recall his tenure here as OC. Simply would not trust this guy with a coffee order.

One story; the 2011 Tebow game in Denver. All the Jets had to do was basically run out the clock. Inexplicably Schitty had Sanchez come out slinging the ball all over late in the game, giving Tebow, who had done nothing for 3 quarters, a chance. In the Davidoff book, stated that DC Mike Pettine had to be restrained from attacking Schitty. HARD F___IN' PASS, BRO. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201111170den.htm

He did a very good job as OC and being a good OC isn't a requirement to be a good HC anyway.

He was OC from 2006-2011. Check the QBs

2006- chad back after 2 rotator cuff surgeries

2007- Chad and Kellen Clemens split time

2008- Favre who never wanted to be here and was in new system for first time in 16 years.

2009- rookie Sanchez

Sanchez was getting better then his career fell off a cliff.

By the way, with Brian they made 3 postseasons and 2 AFC Championship Games, since he left?  Not a single playoff game.

In addition to the craziness with constantly changing QBs he had to manage crazy personalities which he did well.

He's a good candidate but our awful fanbase will never allow it

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Meanwhile during that same timeframe both Chad and Favre had excellent seasons as soon as they got away from Schitty

Chad's excellent season was in 2008, 3 years after his last rotator cuff surgery will Brian for him immediately after he had multiple rotator cuff surgeries.

Favre was in a new system for the first time since 1992 and never wanted to be here so he didn't put in the work to get better.  He what's wanted to go to Minnesota to get back at GB and he played like he cared in Minnesota though their season, like GB 07 and NYJ 08, ended in a Favre interception.

• Upvote 1

Schottenheimer is doing a good job as OC in Seattle.  We appreciate the job he did here more now. 

I am not feeling the culture changing CEO vibe with him.  

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Schottenheimer is doing a good job as OC in Seattle.  We appreciate the job he did here more now. 

I am not feeling the culture changing CEO vibe with him.  

Definitely doing a good job now. Still not sold on a guy who only entered the national consciousness when he had a HOF QB to work with. Our new HC will be tasked with developing a young QB. That's not on Schotty's CV. In hindsight though, he probably did the best he could with Mark, who was a bust. Maybe all those routes with 3 guys within 5 yards of each other are because Schotty recognized that Mark had very limited field vision so figured he'd cut the field and have and put all this options close to each other lol

59 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

Remember when Shotty was the “reason” the Jets offense sucked?

Haha, right. "The Jets are holding Sanchez back!" Despite giving him one of the best OLs in football, the best running game in football, and the best defense in football. Jets ruined him, though!

I want Brian Schottenheimer to be our head coach

If he crushed the interview, was not the play caller and his Dad is healthy enough to serve as an informal advisor to help him along than, and only than, .... maybe, and that's only if JD's top 4 or 5 choices say no.

Wouldn’t mind the interview because they need to interview any and everybody, but if they actually hire him it shows that they yet again learned nothing! 

I would have the same reaction I did when we hired Gase and I would lose a ton of faith in JD if he allowed that to happen. 

• Upvote 2
Haha, right. "The Jets are holding Sanchez back!" Despite giving him one of the best OLs in football, the best running game in football, and the best defense in football. Jets ruined him, though!

Yep, that’s how it went...

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

Yep, that’s how it went...

Really surprised there haven't been articles citing "anonymous players" saying the criticism against the supporting cast is misplaced. Look at the QB's performance.

6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Meanwhile during that same timeframe both Chad and Favre had excellent seasons as soon as they got away from Schitty

Favre was running what ever the hell he wanted. Schottenhimer had very little to do with it. Recall Jets beat the Pats on a Thursday night in Foxboro to go to 8-3 and the division lead, and then it all went to poop. Had he not gotten hurt, who knows. If and buts, and what not. 

Really surprised there haven't been articles citing "anonymous players" saying the criticism against the supporting cast is misplaced. Look at the QB's performance.

Sounds like Sam kept the team together(CJ)

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Chad's excellent season was in 2008, 3 years after his last rotator cuff surgery will Brian for him immediately after he had multiple rotator cuff surgeries.

Favre was in a new system for the first time since 1992 and never wanted to be here so he didn't put in the work to get better.  He what's wanted to go to Minnesota to get back at GB and he played like he cared in Minnesota though their season, like GB 07 and NYJ 08, ended in a Favre interception.

Chad was 2 years removed from that surgery in 2007 and was horrible in his last season with Schotty.

And it wasn’t just him botching Favre and Chad.  Sanchez sucked and a lot of those games we won in 2010 we’d fall behind and by halftime Schtty’s scripted plays would be thrown out the window and we would just improvise on offense come back and win

On 1/4/2021 at 7:01 AM, Philc1 said:

Has Schottenheimer ever had success with a QB not named Russell Wilson?

He designed an offense around the moronic Mark Sanchez,  that played effective complimentary Football and got to 2 AFC Championship Games.

He went deep into the Playoffs with a Chad Pennington led Offense. 

Rex scapegoated him (after essentially stripping the Offense of any talent so he could have 1st rounders at every position so his brilliant Defense would work), and replaced him with Tony fricken Sparano. LOL.

We've been in a nosedive from the moment Rex fired him.

What are you, 14?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
4 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

If he crushed the interview, was not the play caller and his Dad is healthy enough to serve as an informal advisor to help him along than, and only than, .... maybe, and that's only if JD's top 4 or 5 choices say no.

Why would he need his father? Dudes been coaching in the league for 20 f*cking years. LOL.

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

He designed an offense around the moronic Mark Sanchez,  that played effective complimentary Football and got to 2 AFC Championship Games.

He went deep into the Playoffs with a Chad Pennington led Offense. 

What are you, 14?

“Deep into the playoffs with Chad Pennington”?  We made the playoffs and immediately lost after playing a cupcake laden schedule. The next 2 seasons Chad and Favre both self destructed with Schotty

and we made the playoffs in 2009-2010 because we had a great OL, and Rex killed it as a defensive playcaller with prime Revis shutting everyone down

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

“Deep into the playoffs with Chad Pennington”?  We made the playoffs and immediately lost after playing a cupcake laden schedule. The next 2 seasons Chad and Favre both self destructed with Schotty

and we made the playoffs in 2009-2010 because we had a great OL, and Rex killed it as a defensive playcaller with prime Revis shutting everyone down

1. I was conflating 2004 and 2006. My mistake. And yes, the Jets made the playoffs in 2006, but lost to the in their prime Patriots team that was a buzz saw.

2. Pennington and Favre both "destructed" because a. Pennington arm fell off  and b. Favre got hurt, hid it, and lied about it because he was a me-first redneck scumbag that used the Jets the same way Frank Gore just did.

3. Yes, Rex Ryan designed and called our offense. LOL. Schottenheimer had Mark playing like a good QB  especially in the playoffs, and it was Offense that won those games. Schottenheimer worked with the talent he had to be as successful as that offense could be. Minimizing that is just ignorant. 

But yeah,  let's hire Eberflus.  LOL. Or Andy's caddy. Or some 2 year wonder.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

1. I was conflating 2004 and 2006. My mistake. And yes, the Jets made the playoffs in 2006, but lost to the in their prime Patriots team that was a buzz saw.

2. Pennington and Favre both "destructed" because a. Pennington arm fell off  and b. Favre got hurt, hid it, and lied about it because he was a me-first redneck scumbag that used the Jets the same way Frank Gore just did.

3. Yes, Rex Ryan designed and called our offense. LOL. Schottenheimer had Mark playing like a good QB  especially in the playoffs, and it was Offense that won those games. Schottenheimer worked with the talent he had to be as successful as that offense could be. Minimizing that is just ignorant. 

But yeah,  let's hire Eberflus.  LOL. Or Andy's caddy. Or some 2 year wonder.

What has Schotty done besides get coffee for Russell Wilson that makes you think he’s a better candidate than Harbaugh, Roman, Daboll, Bienemy or yes even Eberflus?

13 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

What has Schotty done besides get coffee for Russell Wilson that makes you think he’s a better candidate than Harbaugh, Roman, Daboll, Bienemy or yes even Eberflus?

He has designed offenses and actually called games (for years, and multiple teams). Bienemy has never done either.

He has worked with multiple successful QBs over a 20 year career, and prioritizes QB development. Has worked with Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, Pennington, Sanchez, Bradford, Andrew Luck, and now Russell Wilson. 

He is actually respected around the league (which is why he instantly gets hired when a Coaching Staff changes), and has the contacts and background to build a good staff.

I don't know if he's better or worse as a candidate that Roman, Daboll (My personal choice for the job), Eberflus, or Arthur Smith. And I can't stand Jim Harbaugh and think he's the worst possible guy to follow up after Gasehole, but Schotty definitely deserves serious consideration,  as much as the others.  

Were not looking for a HC/OC. We need a CEO who prioritizes correctly,  and can bring in a solid staff. Schottenheimer is as capable of that as most. I want no part of Hue Jackson 2.0, but whatever,  I'm not the one making the choice, but I wouldn't cry if they brought in Schottenheimer.

Dismissing him as a choice because of "Fuzzy Memories" is absurd. 

50 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Chad was 2 years removed from that surgery in 2007 and was horrible in his last season with Schotty.

And it wasn’t just him botching Favre and Chad.  Sanchez sucked and a lot of those games we won in 2010 we’d fall behind and by halftime Schtty’s scripted plays would be thrown out the window and we would just improvise on offense come back and win

Chad got hurt week 1 of 2007.

Favre botched Favre.

Oh so he doesn't get any credit for when the O played well? 

Our fanbase deserves Bowles and Gase

• Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Oh so he doesn't get any credit for when the O played well? 

Name me the year Schotty had a top rated offense without Wilson doing everything for him?

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Why would he need his father? Dudes been coaching in the league for 20 f*cking years. LOL.

Because he's never been a HC and his dad was a HC for 4 different franchises over 21 seasons compiling a record of 200 - 126, and in that time had only one losing season. So, I think his dad knows a thing or two about being a successful HC and would be an invaluable resource.