Are you excited to go to games in person next year?

Maxman

10 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’m not so sure about there being no pass, at least for the next 2 years. I work in healthcare and everything I’m hearing as far as post-vax plan is that EVERYTHING is on the table.

There is a decent chance that a vaccine pass will be requires for hospitals, schools, games, concerts, flights, etc. The pass will specify clearance for those who physically cannot get the vax due to health or religious issues...but that is going to be a strict line as to those who fall in that group.

Restaurants may be left with their own discretion as to enforce vax pass entry, or state mandate depending in which state you live in.

Masks will also be around for some time.

Same thing I've heard. Life will not return to normal as quick for folks who don't get the vaccine. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Read the first sentence. If you want us to crack down on things we can, that would involve things like making sure users kept to their first name rather than switch them.

It is a simple question in the thread. But I am asking for it because you took it to the government is out to get us level. Plenty of places for that, this is not one of them.

This thread is asking if people are allowed back at Metlife, will you go.

If there are no special restrictions (masks, vaccine, etc), I'd be extremely happy to go back.  Unfortunately, I don't think that will be the case.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

Let's leave all the "other stuff" out of this. @Lot K Tailgaters gave me a good idea in the Covid Club forum. He basically asked, will you go to games next year?

For me, I can't wait. I miss it. The Jets gave us a nice pass with picking this season to be terrible. Next year though I will be there as soon as we are allowed back, hopefully all year.

You?

Yes.

I made my first trip down to the new stadium in 2019. Raiders game. About as good as Sam has ever looked. We started with some really good seats, and with all the rain ended up 5-rows behind the visitors bench.

My buddies and I concocted a plan to travel around the country to one bee stadium each year. Myself a Jets fan, and then fans of the Giants and Cowboys. They came to root the Jets in my behalf since I’m out of state. 

We were talking about a game in Vegas, then Covid started. 

It’ll be nice to get back on track.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

My choice of getting the vaccine or not should not effect anything in my life and certainly shouldn't be a prerequisite to attend a sporting event. 

Well, it will be for most things post vaccine. My guess is that kids who are not vaccinated will have to be home schooled and won't be able to participate in sports. Similar to how NY treats kids whose parents refuse to get them vaccinated for measles and those types of things. I think almost certainly all professional sports will require it bc they want full stadiums and in many states that will be the only way they will be allowed to fill the stadiums up. That's just my opinion though. Its not like I've been told by somebody in the know about how things will be the 2nd half of 2021.

31 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

For anyone tentative about getting the vaccine, I got my first dose of it last week (2nd due on Jan.12).

I was fine, as was everyone else I work with. No side effects besides a little arm soreness.

When you have a chance to get it, I recommend doing so.

So, the Nano-bots they inject into your blood stream to invade your privacy don’t cause interference with your smart phone, Amazon Alexa, smart TVs, tablets and connected devices?

Thats a relief.

Thank God Seinfeld GIF by HULU

22 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

My choice of getting the vaccine or not should not effect anything in my life and certainly shouldn't be a prerequisite to attend a sporting event. 

Unfortunately since the Jets are a private organization they can restrict your attendance if they chose based on vaccinations and require masks 

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Unfortunately since the Jets are a private organization they can restrict your attendance if they chose based on vaccinations and require masks 

I cant remember and I don't have any ticket stubs near me at the moment but doesn't the back of the ticket say ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK. 

Those that want to be controlled will comply and attend games those that don't won't. 

I haven't made up my mind to be vaccinated or not and certainly attending a NY Jets game won't be my deciding factor. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

I cant remember and I don't have any ticket stubs near me at the moment but doesn't he back of the ticket say ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK. 

Those that want to be controlled will comply and attend games those that don't won't. 

I haven't made up my mind to be vaccinated or not and certainly attending a NY jets game won't be my deciding factor. 

Ticketmaster this year is rolling out the vaccine passport. I believe the only way they will sell tickets if you have that or have a negative test the day prior to entering. At least that’s what I hear 

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Ticketmaster this year is rolling out the vaccine passport. I believe the only way they will sell tickets if you have that or have a negative test the day prior to entering. At least that’s what I hear 

How can they control that. I buy 4 tickets i'm vaccinated 3 others attending  aren't. 

Get a test and results the day before an event, not happening. 

22 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

How can they control that. I buy 4 tickets i'm vaccinated 3 others attending  aren't. 

Believe it’s prerequisite for a purchase but not 100 percent. Kinda like showing ID for a drink when you were young. One drink an id 

Just now, kevinc855 said:

Believe it’s prerequisite for a purchase but not 100 percent. Kinda like showing ID for a drink when you were young. One drink an id 

Impossible I want to purchase 4 tickets for my wife and children how will they collect data and track it. 

I can show 4 negative test results and show up at game with 3 different people. 

This process will be a total disaster. 

I believe that either the Jets or the State of New Jersey will severely limit attendance, the same plan they were going to roll out back in September, to around 19,000 people.  Vaccinations or no, large gatherings of 80,000 people jammed into security checks, escalators, and bathrooms just isn't in the cards.

Partial plans will be offered, 3-4 random games per season ticket holder.  No assigned seating.  When you get to the gate you are directed to a section and sit distanced as enforced by an usher.

As such, they won't be forcing season ticket holders to renew for 2021 and they will allow us to retain our rights for 2022  if we opt-out.

So if I can't choose which games I want to go to, and I can't have my exact seats in my exact location, and there is no packed stadium to make noise on 3rd downs, I'd take a pass for 2021 and look forward to getting back to normal in my first row seats with all my friends around me in my section in 2022.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Impossible I want to purchase 4 tickets for my wife and children how will they collect data and track it. 

I can show 4 negative test results and show up at game with 3 different people. 

This process will be a total disaster. 

This is a certainty. 

3 hours ago, QB1 said:

If you’re vaccinated and the majority of the population is as well the idea of a “passport” is a useless, draconian, invasion of privacy. 

That’s the problem. Operation put it on the states is only vaccinating 1% of the population per month 

35 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I believe that either the Jets or the State of New Jersey will severely limit attendance, the same plan they were going to roll out back in September, to around 19,000 people.  Vaccinations or no, large gatherings of 80,000 people jammed into security checks, escalators, and bathrooms just isn't in the cards.

Partial plans will be offered, 3-4 random games per season ticket holder.  No assigned seating.  When you get to the gate you are directed to a section and sit distanced as enforced by an usher.

As such, they won't be forcing season ticket holders to renew for 2021 and they will allow us to retain our rights for 2022  if we opt-out.

So if I can't choose which games I want to go to, and I can't have my exact seats in my exact location, and there is no packed stadium to make noise on 3rd downs, I'd take a pass for 2021 and look forward to getting back to normal in my first row seats with   ? all my friends  ?   around me in my section in 2022.

SAR I

One-Flew-Over-the-Cuckoos-Nest-Behind-th

..i'm sure... WE ^ ^  Your  ?  friends  ?  will ALL be there with YOU   ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Ticket Master and the venue are two separate entities. The ticket will be a buy at your own risk type of deal. They'll be a Covid Vaccination waiver that you'd have to check off stating you've been vaccinated when you purchase them online but If you can't provide the actual proof of vaccination at the door you will be denied entrance and lose your money. That's how I believe it's going to work. The same way they would do it with booking a flight. 

6 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Ticket Master and the venue are two separate entities. The ticket will be a buy at your own risk type of deal. They'll be a Covid Vaccination waiver that you'd have to check off stating you've been vaccinated when you purchase them online but If you can't provide the actual proof of vaccination at the door you will be denied entrance and lose your money. That's how I believe it's going to work. The same way they would do it with booking a flight. 

I know of a few people who were vaccinated 1 being my wife who works in the medical profession. Her or any of her co-workers have not been provided any actual proof to carry around they were vaccinated.

No ID cards, no vaccination certificates, no micro chips, no tattoo, nothing. 

How do you propose you get actual proof. 

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I know of a few people who were vaccinated 1 being my wife who works in the medical profession. Her or any of her co-workers have not been provided any actual proof to carry around they were vaccinated.

No ID cards, no vaccination certificates, no micro chips, no tattoo, nothing. 

How do you propose you get actual proof. 

They should be getting vaccination cards. If it's done through work I'm assuming they'll get it after the 2nd dose.

8 minutes ago, choon328 said:

They should be getting vaccination cards. If it's done through work I'm assuming they'll get it after the 2nd dose.

We shall soon see. 

So want to attend a game in person. 

Tickets 

Parking pass

Current Covid test results (24 hr) 

Vaccination ID card

Passport 

Drivers license 

Birth Certificate 

Credit card 

Utility bill 

Good luck with all that. 

Heres where I will be. 

image.png.795e78ff79a8f72c97dcf620ac3ddec8.png

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Ok well that is a completely different conversation. We have plenty of time for things to work out. I was just asking if you would go.

Some people don't want to go back (not Covid related) after watching on TV for a year.

Just now, Maxman said:

Ok well that is a completely different conversation. We have plenty of time for things to work out. I was just asking if you would go.

Some people don't want to go back (not Covid related) after watching on TV for a year.

I would definitely go back in person miss everything tailgate,fans,live NFL action but it has to be on my terms not someone else's. 

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

So, the Nano-bots they inject into your blood stream to invade your privacy don’t cause interference with your smart phone, Amazon Alexa, smart TVs, tablets and connected devices?

Thats a relief.

Thank God Seinfeld GIF by HULU

The nano bots are getting a bad rap. I have them and the twitching and shaking only lasted three weeks. Not bad at all.