Jump to content
Maxman

Are you excited to go to games in person next year?

Recommended Posts

Just now, joewilly12 said:

I would definitely go back in person miss everything tailgate,fans,live NFL action but it has to be on my terms not someone else's. 

That is fair an understandable. I know a lot of people feel that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The nano bots are getting a bad rap. I have them and the twitching and shaking only lasted three weeks. Not bad at all.

LMFAO 

Sooner or later hopefully we will all be micro-chipped no one will carry money,ID nothing. 

You will walk through a scanner at a venue like MetLife. 

image.thumb.png.c89926daaf924f4ec37b6936067842bd.png

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I would definitely go back in person miss everything tailgate,fans,live NFL action but it has to be on my terms not someone else's. 

I'd love to get a lap dance with my dick out but that's not happening either. Private businesses set their own rules and regulations to keep everybody, including their employees safe. Like most things in life you either conform or get left behind. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He has no friends. 

ugghhh,..

shaun.gif

...we're  ^ ^  his friends   😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I would definitely go back in person miss everything tailgate,fans,live NFL action but it has to be on my terms not someone else's. 

agreed !   😎

 

 

 

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SAR I said:

I believe that either the Jets or the State of New Jersey will severely limit attendance, the same plan they were going to roll out back in September, to around 19,000 people.  Vaccinations or no, large gatherings of 80,000 people jammed into security checks, escalators, and bathrooms just isn't in the cards.

Partial plans will be offered, 3-4 random games per season ticket holder.  No assigned seating.  When you get to the gate you are directed to a section and sit distanced as enforced by an usher.

As such, they won't be forcing season ticket holders to renew for 2021 and they will allow us to retain our rights for 2022  if we opt-out.

So if I can't choose which games I want to go to, and I can't have my exact seats in my exact location, and there is no packed stadium to make noise on 3rd downs, I'd take a pass for 2021 and look forward to getting back to normal in my first row seats with all my friends around me in my section in 2022.

SAR I

I really doubt that. We are talking September not April.

General public vaccinations to everyone available by March. Transmission rate by late summer early fall should be almost tampering off. Heres the thing, Covid will never be gone. Its just get it to a level where life can go on again. Get your flu shot and covid shot. I expect full attendance. Also 2021 year is an election year in NJ. Another year of no fans aint gona fly politically. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

LMFAO 

Sooner or later hopefully we will all be micro-chipped no one will carry money,ID nothing. 

You will walk through a scanner at a venue like MetLife. 

image.thumb.png.c89926daaf924f4ec37b6936067842bd.png

Oh wow I hope so. That day can't get here soon enough for me. I hate carrying a wallet.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I'd love to get a lap dance with my dick out but that's not happening either. Private businesses set their own rules and regulations to keep everybody, including their employees safe. Like most things in life you either conform or get left behind. 

I don't want this thread to go off topic but back channel this thought to @T0mShane. He can help.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

We shall soon see. 

So want to attend a game in person. 

Tickets 

Parking pass

Current Covid test results (24 hr) 

Vaccination ID card

Passport 

Drivers license 

Birth Certificate 

Credit card 

Utility bill 

Good luck with all that. 

Heres where I will be. 

image.png.795e78ff79a8f72c97dcf620ac3ddec8.png

 

Cry less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven’t been to a game in a decade. Once I hit 40 and and the home TV experience got so much better, I just turned into an armchair fan and never looked back. I am lucky enough to have a wife that understood my love for this abomination of a franchise, and would make it a point of keeping the kids active while I watched. The PSL things just completely turned me off, and I got used to the warmer environment of my living room. I am really excited to see fans back though, and will be happy to see all you guys enjoying yourselves in the stands and giving more motivation to our players!


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I don't want this thread to go off topic but back channel this thought to @T0mShane. He can help.

true !  😎.. or this guy...

bill-clinton.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kelly said:

true !  😎.. or this guy...

bill-clinton.jpg

ooops !.. sorry !... politics 🙄.. ok, this guy -

27fece7151484dec9a37e80ed65e9a084025c117

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Maxman said:

Let's leave all the "other stuff" out of this. @Lot K Tailgaters gave me a good idea in the Covid Club forum. He basically asked, will you go to games next year?

For me, I can't wait. I miss it. The Jets gave us a nice pass with picking this season to be terrible. Next year though I will be there as soon as we are allowed back, hopefully all year.

You?

Not sure that is a guarantee. If the new strain is not affected by the vaccine we may be status quo for 15 months. People are clearly not listening to protocols at the holidays and Covid is going nuts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Not sure that is a guarantee. If the new strain is not affected by the vaccine we may be status quo for 15 months. People are clearly not listening to protocols at the holidays and Covid is going nuts.

Are you really from San Diego?  Have you heard how there is almost no incidence of the flu so far this year (36 cases so far while there are normally around 17K by now)? 

"Amazing!"  /sarcasm

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, kelly said:

ooops !.. sorry !... politics 🙄.. ok, this guy -

27fece7151484dec9a37e80ed65e9a084025c117

i was goin'  to suggest this guy..

jeffrey_epstein_latest1.jpg

...but i heard he     😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, choon328 said:

I'd love to get a lap dance with my dick out but that's not happening either. Private businesses set their own rules and regulations to keep everybody, including their employees safe. Like most things in life you either conform or get left behind. 

p1rs8wxok77u.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The road to re-opening Buffalo will have fans in the stands for the home playoff game. 

Limited number with many rules. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might go to tailgates and just sleep off the booze in the car during the game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My refusal to attend games in person came to long before Covid. I miss my fellow tailgating friends from the annual JN Midwest Tailgates, but I don't miss attending the games......if that makes any sense.

It's part work-induced hatred of the general public that drives it. LOL

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes.

I made my first trip down to the new stadium in 2019. Raiders game. About as good as Sam has ever looked. We started with some really good seats, and with all the rain ended up 5-rows behind the visitors bench.

My buddies and I concocted a plan to travel around the country to one bee stadium each year. Myself a Jets fan, and then fans of the Giants and Cowboys. They came to root the Jets in my behalf since I’m out of state. 

We were talking about a game in Vegas, then Covid started. 

It’ll be nice to get back on track.

That is pretty cool, definitely get that back on track when life gets normal again.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, choon328 said:

They're developing a "Covid Vaccine Passport" which basically proves that you've been vaccinated. It sounds as though at some point in 2021 you will have to provide that to board flights, get entrance to concerts and sporting events, among other things. I, personally, will be getting vaccinated at some point.  My wife is getting vaccinated this morning, I guess she's important and I'm not lol.  Once that all happens I'll def go to games again although I will be wearing a mask unless the vaccine passport is required to enter the stadium. 

your-papers-please-ee5d4407dd.jpg.c4a2c9002b1e960a423be540dff72044.jpg

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Gase is the coach no way I’m going back lol.  We all know he’s gone Sunday or Monday so I’m kidding about the Gase part.  
 

I hope to go back in 2021 but I also want to be able to tailgate.  I plan to get vaccinated as soon as it is available to me and am fine needing to prove I’m vaccinated to attend.  I have a three year old and five month old at home so my biggest concern is can I transmit the virus even if I’m vaccinated.  There really isn’t an answer to that yet and I don’t want to get my kids sick so I can attend a football game.  Hopefully by the fall they can be vaccinated or there is enough research on transmission after being vaccinated.  
 

The biggest key is can vaccines be produced more quickly and/or can more pharmaceutical companies produce vaccines.  Right now things are going slower than planned.  
 

My gut feeling (I want to emphasize this is my gut feeling and not what I feel is right) is 25% capacity for next season.  If masks are still needed it will be almost impossible to implement with 80,000 fans in the stands.  
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, choon328 said:

I'd love to get a lap dance with my dick out but that's not happening either. Private businesses set their own rules and regulations to keep everybody, including their employees safe. Like most things in life you either conform or get left behind. 

Clearly you haven’t been to south Florida. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes.

I made my first trip down to the new stadium in 2019. Raiders game. About as good as Sam has ever looked. We started with some really good seats, and with all the rain ended up 5-rows behind the visitors bench.

My buddies and I concocted a plan to travel around the country to one bee stadium each year. Myself a Jets fan, and then fans of the Giants and Cowboys. They came to root the Jets in my behalf since I’m out of state. 

We were talking about a game in Vegas, then Covid started. 

It’ll be nice to get back on track.

I'm hoping they play in vegas either in 2021 or 2022

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update from yesterdays discussion.  

My wife in the medical profession was issued a vaccination ID card she was vaccinated on Tuesday,  her employer a major hospital in N.J.  

I asked her how they would identify her as being vaccinated and she said I forget to tell you and show you I have a card. 

So add another card to your money clip, wallet,man bag/purse (those that carry one) or pocket. 

If and when the stadium goes back to full capacity the lines and wait to get in will be long and slow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess they've just created a whole new underground vaccine card business like IDs & passports. There are many, many people (adults) who refuse vaccines for a multitude of reasons. This virus has proven to be deadly to people with preexisting conditions & the elderly. 

Im not being political, the facts are we haven't had a FLU season, 100% of sickness is attributed to Covid 19 which we all know is proposterous. We also know that the death figures are completely elevated based on reporting deaths & the financial benefit to the facility you died at for whatever the cause was. I'm not taking this lightly, of course there are exceptions, like with any virus, all of us are different & many people have no idea they have underlying conditions yet. Sorry for the rant but I'm sick & tired of seeing people running around with masks with their noses exposed, people wearing those stupid gators that don't stop sh*t from transmitting, people driving their cars alone with a mask on? Lowes & Home Dept & Grocery stores full of people while small business go out of business daily. Hospitals don't have enough beds or DRs, or Nurses because they are PROFIT CENTERS, that's why they fill so easily. End rant. Sorry, the books that will be written on 2020 will open everyone's eyes to manipulation of our population. 

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2020 at 6:48 AM, morny said:

I’d love to think both my land (the Uk) and the USA can have made enough headway with a vaccine etc..... by next winter for me to get over again and see a game.

Really missed my annual trip this time. Love it every time, even when we play rubbish. 

See, this is why I love Britishisms. We can either play a team that's rubbish or play like rubbish and that sentence still works.

If we're allowed to go at all (depending on what's involved), sure, I'll cherry pick a few games and maybe crash a party or two. This is why you tailgate in the first place: even if the Jets blow pineapple chunks, the tailgates are never rubbish. I look at it as buzzkill prevention. Cheers!

giphy.gif

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2020 at 8:09 AM, Jetster said:

I guess they've just created a whole new underground vaccine card business like IDs & passports. There are many, many people (adults) who refuse vaccines for a multitude of reasons. This virus has proven to be deadly to people with preexisting conditions & the elderly. 

Im not being political, the facts are we haven't had a FLU season, 100% of sickness is attributed to Covid 19 which we all know is proposterous. We also know that the death figures are completely elevated based on reporting deaths & the financial benefit to the facility you died at for whatever the cause was. I'm not taking this lightly, of course there are exceptions, like with any virus, all of us are different & many people have no idea they have underlying conditions yet. Sorry for the rant but I'm sick & tired of seeing people running around with masks with their noses exposed, people wearing those stupid gators that don't stop sh*t from transmitting, people driving their cars alone with a mask on? Lowes & Home Dept & Grocery stores full of people while small business go out of business daily. Hospitals don't have enough beds or DRs, or Nurses because they are PROFIT CENTERS, that's why they fill so easily. End rant. Sorry, the books that will be written on 2020 will open everyone's eyes to manipulation of our population. 

My eyes have been open wide open all along but don't expect this to go well for you especially since we were pre -warned about "other stuff". The problem is that it's difficult to have discussions about anything innocuous and then pretend that we're all somehow living in a vacuum. Current events are almost always "political" by default but you'll never get the benefit of the doubt if you say something that involves individualistic thinking even when it's very often just an observation. With some level of fairness, I say that knowing full well that it's difficult to police everything that people say, but it's there just the same.

You get knee-jerk lumped in with those who behave dangerously, selfishly, irresponsibly, or fatally because it makes people feel important to puff their chests out and go on the attack that you're on an uneducated ignoramus, or the good ole standby when they've got nothing left, a racist. If you say something that is the general groupthink consensus there's a far greater chance for it to fly under the radar with no admonishment or attempted pile-ons from self-appointed social justice warriors. It has happened to me several times where people have told me to keep my opinions to myself, when those opinions were not dangerous to public health, selfish, irresponsible, fatal, or uneducated. Keep my opinions to myself on a message board, I'll write that down. 

Anyway, I'll keep doing my civic duty and continue donating my COVID-19 antibody rich plasma because you never know when a flaming turd might need it. I don't discriminate, we're all in this together, flaming turds and all. GO JETS!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

If Gase is the coach.. * * 

...No worries !  😎.. he won't be:beer:   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Update from yesterdays discussion.  

My wife in the medical profession was issued a vaccination ID card she was vaccinated on Tuesday,  her employer a major hospital in N.J.  

I asked her how they would identify her as being vaccinated and she said I forget to tell you and show you I have a card. 

So add another card to your money clip, wallet,man bag/purse (those that carry one) or pocket. 

If and when the stadium goes back to full capacity the lines and wait to get in will be long and slow. 

You’re a regular glass half full of tears guy, eh?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetster said:

I guess they've just created a whole new underground vaccine card business like IDs & passports. There are many, many people (adults) who refuse vaccines for a multitude of reasons. This virus has proven to be deadly to people with preexisting conditions & the elderly. 

Im not being political, the facts are we haven't had a FLU season, 100% of sickness is attributed to Covid 19 which we all know is proposterous. We also know that the death figures are completely elevated based on reporting deaths & the financial benefit to the facility you died at for whatever the cause was. I'm not taking this lightly, of course there are exceptions, like with any virus, all of us are different & many people have no idea they have underlying conditions yet. Sorry for the rant but I'm sick & tired of seeing people running around with masks with their noses exposed, people wearing those stupid gators that don't stop sh*t from transmitting, people driving their cars alone with a mask on? Lowes & Home Dept & Grocery stores full of people while small business go out of business daily. Hospitals don't have enough beds or DRs, or Nurses because they are PROFIT CENTERS, that's why they fill so easily. End rant. Sorry, the books that will be written on 2020 will open everyone's eyes to manipulation of our population. 

I'm not going to get political but you have ZERO clue what you're talking about and you're embarrassing yourself. If you have flu symptoms you get tested for Covid. If that comes back negative you get tested for the flu. It's actually pretty simple to understand. And the reason why the flu season is way down here, and all over the world, is bc people are wearing masks, social distancing and not sneezing and coughing all over each other like they typically do during flu season.  Australia's flu season total went from 247,000 last year to 21,000 this year bc of PPE and more people getting the flu shot. 

If you are on Medicare a hospital will get a higher reimbursement rate for Covid patients then say pneumonia patients bc it costs way more money to take care of Covid patients. More staff, more time, more resources, more individualized focus on the patient, more everything.  That all costs money. The reimbursement rate for a patient with Covid on a ventilator is, on average,  around $39,000. The actual cost for that patient is at least $50,000 to be on a ventilator in the ICU for 6 or more days. Hospitals are not making money on Medicare patients. And insurance companies get billed the same way they would if it wasn't Covid. They get billed for expenses, it's not based on a diagnosis or a death certificate. 

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...