Jump to content

Are you excited to go to games in person next year?


Recommended Posts

On 12/30/2020 at 1:36 AM, Maxman said:

Let's leave all the "other stuff" out of this. @Lot K Tailgaters gave me a good idea in the Covid Club forum. He basically asked, will you go to games next year?

For me, I can't wait. I miss it. The Jets gave us a nice pass with picking this season to be terrible. Next year though I will be there as soon as we are allowed back, hopefully all year.

You?

After this nightmarish season and all the changes that will take place this offseason I would think that there will be reason for optimism.  Even the most pessimistic would have to expect an improvement with a more competent CS and and improved roster filled with FAs and draft picks.  No matter how bad things wont be as bad as this year with the added bonus of actually rooting for wins.  I know I cant wait. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you’re vaccinated and the majority of the population is as well the idea of a “passport” is a useless, draconian, invasion of privacy. 

Waiting to return to tailgating at Metlife.  

No politics, this is about going to Jets games which a passport won't be required for.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

I guess they've just created a whole new underground vaccine card business like IDs & passports. There are many, many people (adults) who refuse vaccines for a multitude of reasons. This virus has proven to be deadly to people with preexisting conditions & the elderly. 

Im not being political, the facts are we haven't had a FLU season, 100% of sickness is attributed to Covid 19 which we all know is proposterous. We also know that the death figures are completely elevated based on reporting deaths & the financial benefit to the facility you died at for whatever the cause was. I'm not taking this lightly, of course there are exceptions, like with any virus, all of us are different & many people have no idea they have underlying conditions yet. Sorry for the rant but I'm sick & tired of seeing people running around with masks with their noses exposed, people wearing those stupid gators that don't stop sh*t from transmitting, people driving their cars alone with a mask on? Lowes & Home Dept & Grocery stores full of people while small business go out of business daily. Hospitals don't have enough beds or DRs, or Nurses because they are PROFIT CENTERS, that's why they fill so easily. End rant. Sorry, the books that will be written on 2020 will open everyone's eyes to manipulation of our population. 

The topic here is about attending Jets games.  You don’t even answer the question.  
 

Take your anger to a political message board or a psychologist.   

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, choon328 said:

I'm not going to get political but you have ZERO clue what you're talking about and you're embarrassing yourself. If you have flu symptoms you get tested for Covid. If that comes back negative you get tested for the flu. It's actually pretty simple to understand. And the reason why the flu season is way down here, and all over the world, is bc people are wearing masks, social distancing and not sneezing and coughing all over each other like they typically do during flu season.  Australia's flu season total went from 247,000 last year to 21,000 this year bc of PPE and more people getting the flu shot. 

If you are on Medicare a hospital will get a higher reimbursement rate for Covid patients then say pneumonia patients bc it costs way more money to take care of Covid patients. More staff, more time, more resources, more individualized focus on the patient, more everything.  That all costs money. The reimbursement rate for a patient with Covid on a ventilator is, on average,  around $39,000. The actual cost for that patient is at least $50,000 to be on a ventilator in the ICU for 6 or more days. Hospitals are not making money on Medicare patients. And insurance companies get billed the same way they would if it wasn't Covid. They get billed for expenses, it's not based on a diagnosis or a death certificate. 

I'm only going to say this once! I work in the commercial contract field. The only buildings that you see rising out of every freaking large city & even smaller ones are HEALTHCARE COMPANIES, HOSPITALS & CARE FACILITIES,They are bending everyone over! Why do you think a billionaire like Bill Gates is involved financially, Wake up!

  • Thumb Down 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jetster said:

I'm only going to say this once! I work in the commercial contract field. The only buildings that you see rising out of every freaking large city & even smaller ones are HEALTHCARE COMPANIES, HOSPITALS & CARE FACILITIES,They are bending everyone over! Why do you think a billionaire like Bill Gates is involved financially, Wake up!

Yep, Bill Gates donated $210 million to help develop vaccines for Covid in which he has no financial interest in any of those companies developing the vaccine. You work in the contract field, stay in your lane. This one isn't it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Yep, Bill Gates donated $210 million to help develop vaccines for Covid in which he has no financial interest in any of those companies developing the vaccine. You work in the contract field, stay in your lane. This one isn't it. 

That's like me donating $100 to cancer research! Keep following the sheeples, just remember what I told you, the books will be out in the next few years about herd immunity & lockdowns that don't work. 

Where do you think billionaires invest their billions?

The Gates Foundation has been instrumental this year in funding coronavirus vaccine programs. But the foundation hasn't just handed money over to drugmakers; it's also invested in a few of them.

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jetster said:

That's like me donating $100 to cancer research! Keep following the sheeples, just remember what I told you, the books will be out in the next few years about herd immunity & lockdowns that don't work. 

Where do you think billionaires invest their billions?

The Gates Foundation has been instrumental this year in funding coronavirus vaccine programs. But the foundation hasn't just handed money over to drugmakers; it's also invested in a few of them.

I don't care what you told me. You're a contractor. You have no idea what goes into vaccine production or the money it takes to keep production going.  Do you know how many vaccine studies end 75% of the way done bc of lack of money? 60%. Maybe if we didn't give 100's of billions away in corporate tax breaks yearly we'd be able to fund all of those.  

Bill Gates makes more money from the federal government in tax ravings than he ever would with a new investment. 

So while you're criticizing a guy who has donated billions upon billions to fund research into many health related issues why don't you ask yourself what you've done for other people. I'm assuming not much. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, choon328 said:

I don't care what you told me. You're a contractor. You have no idea what goes into vaccine production or the money it takes to keep production going.  Do you know how many vaccine studies end 75% of the way done bc of lack of money? 60%. Maybe if we didn't give 100's of billions away in corporate tax breaks yearly we'd be able to fund all of those.  

Bill Gates makes more money from the federal government in tax ravings than he ever would with a new investment. 

So while you're criticizing a guy who has donated billions upon billions to fund research into many health related issues why don't you ask yourself what you've done for other people. I'm assuming not much. 

So this is where we've gotten in the good old USA. Citizens hero worshiping Billionaires worth 960 billion. You could have all the billionaires in the USA build charter schools & fund the teachers, teaching classes relevant to the job market, keep the government out of it & educate thousands of underpriveledged kids in every US City & town and then you'd really change the country. I'm sure you love Jeff Bezoz too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2020 at 3:58 PM, kelly said:

ooops !.. sorry !... politics 🙄.. ok, this guy -

27fece7151484dec9a37e80ed65e9a084025c117

i do miss the..

2013-06-03-BillCosbyJelloGIF.gif

... JELL-O  commercials   😵 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2020 at 7:59 AM, FlagmanL11 said:

Would have gone this year if it was allowed. So answer is def yes for next season 

Originally I felt like it would have been a no for me. But as it played out it would have been a yes. September was good in NJ (warm weather) and the way this season went, social distancing would have been easy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2021 at 7:55 AM, Jetster said:

So this is where we've gotten in the good old USA. Citizens hero worshiping Billionaires worth 960 billion. You could have all the billionaires in the USA build charter schools & fund the teachers, teaching classes relevant to the job market, keep the government out of it & educate thousands of underpriveledged kids in every US City & town and then you'd really change the country. I'm sure you love Jeff Bezoz too. 

So I missed this, but this isn't the place for this talk.

This thread could be a simple Yes or No. Are you excited to go to Jets games in 2021?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2020 at 12:12 PM, haggis said:

Haven't been to a game in years but must say I am looking forward to it next season no matter how sh*te we might be.

Hey welcome back!  Hope all is well!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2021 at 3:23 PM, Maxman said:

Originally I felt like it would have been a no for me. But as it played out it would have been a yes. September was good in NJ (warm weather) and the way this season went, social distancing would have been easy.

This season would have been the same in the stands as the last two minutes of the first preseason game. Can’t wait to tailgate agin. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FlagmanL11 said:

This season would have been the same in the stands as the last two minutes of the first preseason game. Can’t wait to tailgate agin. 

What lot do you tailgate in now?  Do you still go every week? (not counting this year of course).

And yes, I miss it to. Definitely can't wait.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have gone this year if there was an opportunity.  I can't wait to get back, I can't wait to see full crowds again with a buzzing Stadium.  Hopefully late this year we have a meaningful game at home with a full house in December. That would be fun

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wondering does anyone know the cost to park a short bus or a smallambulance for games?  I know full buses have to pay a lot.  
 

For years I have wanted a tailgate vehicle.  A few years back I had a pretty good amount of money saved up for it and met my wife.  The tailgate vehicle money and other money as well is on her ring finger lol.  
 

We have been re doing our garage and I’ve used the line that if I have a vehicle for my tailgate stuff we would have a lot more room in the garage.  
 

As much as it excites me the cost of owning something I use 8 times a year has me unsure.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Just wondering does anyone know the cost to park a short bus or a smallambulance for games?  I know full buses have to pay a lot.  
 

For years I have wanted a tailgate vehicle.  A few years back I had a pretty good amount of money saved up for it and met my wife.  The tailgate vehicle money and other money as well is on her ring finger lol.  
 

We have been re doing our garage and I’ve used the line that if I have a vehicle for my tailgate stuff we would have a lot more room in the garage.  
 

As much as it excites me the cost of owning something I use 8 times a year has me unsure.  

I’m pretty sure Maxman mentioned once it costs $125 to park his RV. 

I used to know a few guys from tailgating who made tailgating vans out of full size vans I believe they were only charged regular parking fees.

It all depends on what you want to spend. 

A regular size van easier to park when not using it plus repairs a lot cheaper. 

If I were doing it like I once wanted to I would do a regular full size Chevy or Ford van. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2021 at 12:43 AM, Maxman said:

What lot do you tailgate in now?  Do you still go every week? (not counting this year of course).

And yes, I miss it to. Definitely can't wait.

oh,.. to tailgate...

snow-tailgate.jpg&key=0bcb7a8275ea50edd1

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2020 at 12:12 PM, haggis said:

Haven't been to a game in years but must say I am looking forward to it next season no matter how sh*te we might be.

Love the Oor Wullie!  The Broon's can't be far behind!

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, kelly said:

oh,.. to tailgate...

snow-tailgate.jpg&key=0bcb7a8275ea50edd1

however,.. i do prefer NOT having to wear 3 pairs of Long-Johns...

IMG_7554.jpg

 

😎  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2021 at 3:56 PM, Maxman said:

Hey welcome back!  Hope all is well!

I was always dropping in here and there, but not posting much. All is well, and hope all is well for you and the family. Excited for 2021 and how the Jets will revamp for next season! If fans are back, I will def make a game.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, haggis said:

I was always dropping in here and there, but not posting much. All is well, and hope all is well for you and the family. Excited for 2021 and how the Jets will revamp for next season! If fans are back, I will def make a game.

Awesome, definitely tailgate with us if you do!

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Awesome, definitely tailgate with us if you do!

Any chance they do not allow tailgating this year? It is assumed that you will have some type of doc or passport to show you have been vaccinated when you try and enter the stadium. How do you do that with a car load or bus of people? Do you check at the booth to get in with your parking pass? That could be an absolute nightmare.

I am not anti tailgating. I tailgate in lot K and usually get there by 8:15am. The peace of an early Sunday morning watching the crowd come in is a small enjoyment for me prior to kickoff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Trotter said:

Any chance they do not allow tailgating this year? It is assumed that you will have some type of doc or passport to show you have been vaccinated when you try and enter the stadium. How do you do that with a car load or bus of people? Do you check at the booth to get in with your parking pass? That could be an absolute nightmare.

I am not anti tailgating. I tailgate in lot K and usually get there by 8:15am. The peace of an early Sunday morning watching the crowd come in is a small enjoyment for me prior to kickoff.

I am of the mindset that all that will have to play out, not sure. But I hope tailgating and full attendance is a reality by next September. Probably with masks required. That is okay, I will wear my JetNation mask and get free advertising.  :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2021 at 2:02 PM, joewilly12 said:

@kelly  is that you in the center. 

IMG_7554.jpg

yes. ok,.. how did u know or just a Lucky guess ?  🧐

 

 

p.s. oh, and yes, i Like to be in the middle of things  😎

Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to a soccer game in the A-League last night with my oldest. Masks were mandated when queuing for entry into the ground, queuing for food and for the toilets, but not required when sitting in your seats. If you bought tickets as a group you could sit together but you had to leave a couple of seats as a gap between groups.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...