Adam Gase: The Jets Haven’t Fired Me Yet

Jetlife33

Even by Jets standards, it would be shocking to see Adam Gase in green next year. But, for what it’s worth, the embattled head coach says that he has not been clued in on his fate (Twitter link via Ralph Vacchiano of SNY).Adam-Gaseddd-222x300.jpg

[RELATED: Beating The Browns (Temporarily) Saved Gase’s Job] 

That was news to me,” Gase said in response to a local radio report indicating that he’s already been canned. “No one has said that to meYou’re going to hate this answer, but it’s the best one I can give you: I learned when I was 22 years old, Nick Saban told me you do your job until somebody tells you different. That’s what I’m going to focus on.”

Gase’s Jets have managed two late-season wins to avoid a winless season and play their way out of the No. 1 overall pick. They’ll place no higher than No. 2 on the 2021 draft board, which means that Trevor Lawrence won’t be coming to the Meadowlands. Even if the Jets pull off a Week 17 upset over the Patriots, it’s hard to fathom Gase staying put. Still, he’s keeping his eye on the Pats, and not on his personal shortcomings.

I don’t know if worry is really the right word,” Gase said when asked about his reputation as an offensive guru. “It pisses me off because if there’s one side of the ball I want to make sure is right, that one has not happened. And that’s on me.”

Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.

It's so bad that Gase doesn't even bother looking at their offensive rankings.

"There's no point in looking at it. I know where we're at," he said. "It's not good. We had so many games where we were so unproductive. I feel like things have been better in the last month or so. Before that, we were inept -- couldn't do anything.

"(What hurts) is those games where you have absolutely nothing -- no yards, no points, no third downs, red-zone percentage is crap. You have more than two or three of those, it's just going to be bad."

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

“As soon as I buy WFAN I’m going to fire that guy Carton.  Your son want his own show?  They’re giving them out to anyone apparently.  Ha ha ha!”

SAR I

I'm going to miss these posts after this coming Monday!  Bravo on this canon of work.  I got many laughs out of it!  (sincerely)

• Haha 1

i get that people want gase gone and there's every indication he will be.  but when complete idiots like carton start piling on then it just goes beyond any sense of decency.  is the story true?  maybe but i'm certainly not going to take carton's word.  allegedly he heard from an unamed source.  didn't we just go through kinds of that bs with maneesh? 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1