Final Say

Why don't we try letting the GM pick a head coach and tying their success together? Sounds simple, but the Johnson's are brain damaged sperm lotto winners. This simple idea would be the first time we've done it since I was old enough to drink and my liver is shot from being a Jet fan at this point

44 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

I as thinking...   we need anothetr emoji...     like an INCINERATE THIS THREAD

5 posters think the thread is lame and it gets deleted....

I sometimes bandy about the idea of starting a total bs thread as a form of passive resistance but my fear is that it will reach 1,000 pages. However, I'm still leaning towards yes and may I not be deterred. 

2 hours ago, jgb said:

They could have 10 terrible years in a row and Belichick is still best coach of all time 

I didn’t say anything about him as a coach. We’re talking about him as a GM. Now that Brady could done taking team friendly deals we’ll see how successful he is

18 hours ago, Reprisalizer said:

Hearing more and more - if you want a premiere head coach, they have to have final say over the roster. The GM works for the HC, more or less. We can get technical about the roster and the draft but fact of the matter is, if you want a premiere HC, Joe Douglas needs to allow that HC to have final say over the roster.  Otherwise, we are taking a chance on 2nd tier candidate.

The win/loss record goes on the HC resume, so the premiere candidates want to make their own decision.  

Should the Jets be offering final say over the roster to prospective candidates in order to lure a bigger fish?  Or should Joe Douglas retain that control and look for the next up & comer?  

Horse-hockey

18 hours ago, Reprisalizer said:

Hearing more and more - if you want a premiere head coach, they have to have final say over the roster. The GM works for the HC, more or less. We can get technical about the roster and the draft but fact of the matter is, if you want a premiere HC, Joe Douglas needs to allow that HC to have final say over the roster.  Otherwise, we are taking a chance on 2nd tier candidate.

The win/loss record goes on the HC resume, so the premiere candidates want to make their own decision.  

Should the Jets be offering final say over the roster to prospective candidates in order to lure a bigger fish?  Or should Joe Douglas retain that control and look for the next up & comer?  

So what is the point of having a GM? We can hire a lawyer to do contracts