Jump to content

Zach Wilson, Wyatt Davis, Travis Ettiene, Pat FreierMuth


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Freiermuth prob going late 1st.

You are probably right.  Maybe go with best TE available with either one of our two 3rders or 4th rounder, relative to other position players on the board.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm with you, Genot. 

The best team he played this year was coastal carolina. Has had shoulder and thumb surgery, and looks like he's 16 yrs old. Douglas drafting him with the 2nd pick. Don't think so.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Possible but we do have two 1st rounders and a very high second so we could still 2 or perhaps 3.  I Etienne is gone we could take Harris. I would shocked if both running backs are off the board by that early.   Davis or an equivalently talented OG should also be available but we could always go WR instead of G or TE and pick those positions later.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

From a  fellow Utahn... BYU played trash teams.. to be honest I haven't watched one BYU game because I can't stand BYU around here.. but Sam Darnold would of looked amazing and would be the #1 pick with the schedule they played.  Is he good?  Can a coach bring the most out of him?  I don't know but...they played complete garbage teams.  So that is a major red flag... hopefully the scouts and GM can figure this out.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, genot said:

The best team he played this year was coastal carolina. Has had shoulder and thumb surgery, and looks like he's 16 yrs old. Douglas drafting him with the 2nd pick. Don't think so.

Just a question; have you watched him play at all?  If Douglass feels Fields is the better choice I'm all for it but I would not dismiss him so quickly.  We have seen time and again QBs who played against weak competition become stars at the next level.  His arm talent, field vision, quick decision making and mobility would be apparent no matter who he played against.    Some of his passes and instincts are reminiscent of Mahomes.  Btw have you seen a picture of Kyler Murray?  He looks like he is 12.  

maxresdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Those would be my first 4 picks assuming they are on the board.  Maybe swap out Harris for Ettiene or maybe a higher rated OG if available.   Even if we went with Fields instead of Wilson, we would be laying the foundation for a dynamic offense.  Sign a FA receiver or two and draft another one in the 4th or 5th rounds, and we are good to go on offense.  

No

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Just a question; have you watched him play at all?  If Douglass feels Fields is the better choice I'm all for it but I would not dismiss him so quickly.  We have seen time and again QBs who played against weak competition become stars at the next level.  His arm talent, field vision, quick decision making and mobility would be apparent no matter who he played against.    Some of his passes and instincts are reminiscent of Mahomes.  Btw have you seen a picture of Kyler Murray?  He looks like he is 12.  

maxresdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

I respect what your saying. Too me, it's way too risky. Same with Fields. You could be getting Murray. You could be drafting a Haskins.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, genot said:

Please. No!!!!!!!!!

5d098fbfbcab7.image.jpg

What the hell are they putting in the water these days that makes 22 year olds look like 12 year olds?

I was looking through my old HS yearbook from the early 80’s a few months ago and we all looked like we were in our 30’s in comparison to today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

What the hell are they putting in the water these days that makes 22 year olds look like 12 year olds?

I was looking through my old HS yearbook from the early 80’s a few months ago and we all looked like we were in our 30’s in comparison to today.

Lol. This kid is only 1 yr younger than Sam. Wow. He has the body of a ping pong player. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

So what you’re saying is, you really haven’t watched him play. 

Ive watched him play. Very impressive. It's College football. It's a powder puff schedule. Should he be drafted into the NFL. Hell yea. With the 2nd pick in the 1st rd. Hell no.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, genot said:

Ive watched him play. Very impressive. It's College football. It's a powder puff schedule. Should he be drafted into the NFL. Hell yea. With the 2nd pick in the 1st rd. Hell no.

You realize he’d probably be the 1st pick in the draft if he came out next year? Or if Trevor Lawrence didn’t exist this year 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, genot said:

Ive watched him play. Very impressive. It's College football. It's a powder puff schedule. Should he be drafted into the NFL. Hell yea. With the 2nd pick in the 1st rd. Hell no.

Sorry but I disagree.  Again, if you really watch HIM, you would see him making throws I haven't even seen Fields make. A lot will depend on the combines and off season work outs.  Not to mention how Fields performs in the playoffs.  If he balls out than it might be a moot point as he would have solidified himself as the number 2 quarterback after Lawrence. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Sorry but I disagree.  Again, if you really watch HIM, you would see him making throws I haven't even seen Fields make. A lot will depend on the combines and off season work outs.  Not to mention how Fields performs in the playoffs.  If he balls out than it might be a moot point as he would have solidified himself as the number 2 quarterback after Lawrence. 

I like him better than Fields. I think he could go before him. I think he' s a reach at #2.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, genot said:

I like him better than Fields. I think he could go before him. I think he' s a reach at #2.

More and more draft experts are disagreeing with you.  He is top five easy.  I could see him going to Atlanta if we don't take him.    Who do you feel should go before him?  Keep in mind the importance of position as well as the player ranking. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...