Zach Wilson, Wyatt Davis, Travis Ettiene, Pat FreierMuth

JetBlue

5 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Wilson and Davis with the 1st rounders and then one of Harris/Etienne/Freiermuth at 33 is somewhat realistic. There’s no way we’d get all 4 though barring one of them tanking their draft stock 

I'm okay with that.  We could take one of the top ranked wide receivers with our next pick.  

JMHO, after TL there is not a QB worth taking in the first round. I would much rather stick with Sam for another year along with Morgan and a vet. See if the new staff can correct the flaws in him. Let the 3 of them fight it out in spring and training camp, best of the bunch starts.
Trade down the first pick and add talent all thru the lower rounds and into next year. If Sam fails with the new staff, then next year he is traded for what every he can bring to continue to fill the roster.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

More and more draft experts are disagreeing with you.  He is top five easy.  I could see him going to Atlanta if we don't take him.    Who do you feel should go before him?  Keep in mind the importance of position as well as the player ranking. 

Only Lawrence should go before him. The only QB that could have gone right after TL, opted out. Trey Lance. You need to understand. Im a JN misfit. I believe in Darnold. I think he's been very poorly supported since he's been here. If Douglas chooses to stick with Darnold,(and i believe he will), he'll make sure he fills in the blanks around Sam.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

58 minutes ago, fltflo said:

JMHO, after TL there is not a QB worth taking in the first round. I would much rather stick with Sam for another year along with Morgan and a vet. See if the new staff can correct the flaws in him. Let the 3 of them fight it out in spring and training camp, best of the bunch starts.
Trade down the first pick and add talent all thru the lower rounds and into next year. If Sam fails with the new staff, then next year he is traded for what every he can bring to continue to fill the roster.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1000%

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Those would be my first 4 picks assuming they are on the board.  Maybe swap out Harris for Ettiene or maybe a higher rated OG if available.   Even if we went with Fields instead of Wilson, we would be laying the foundation for a dynamic offense.  Sign a FA receiver or two and draft another one in the 4th or 5th rounds, and we are good to go on offense.  

I am getting greedy and I want the RB with the 1st pick in the 2nd round.

3 hours ago, Matthew007b said:

From a  fellow Utahn... BYU played trash teams.. to be honest I haven't watched one BYU game because I can't stand BYU around here.. but Sam Darnold would of looked amazing and would be the #1 pick with the schedule they played.  Is he good?  Can a coach bring the most out of him?  I don't know but...they played complete garbage teams.  So that is a major red flag... hopefully the scouts and GM can figure this out.

Watch him play. He has ELITE QB skills. He is the best passer I have ever seen in CFB. He is ridiculously accurate Huge Arm. Smart Leader. Not as small as people think. I will be shocked if he is not the best QB from this draft class. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

The Saints will be $90m over the cap. They can’t pay him 

So they’re  going to cut their  #1 cover CB ? You smoking weed tonight? If they can’t get a deal done by rearranging $ and cutting lesser players they will trade him for a minimum #1 pick. If a Safety like Adams was worth 2 first round and a 2nd what will a lockdown CB get on the market?

3 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

People get too caught up in draft position and perceived “value.” It doesn’t matter. If you think a guy has a good chance to become a franchise QB, you just go get him. 

I agree with this 100% regarding ANY position.  If a team is drafting at a position of need, as long as they're not reaching for a player over a round too early, it's meaningless IMO.

Cracks me up to read some fans derogatory comments made toward Wilson.  In part...down on him because he looks 16 years old.  

reminds me of the scene in Money Ball...with all the old school scouts sizing up a player’s confidence based on the degree of attractiveness of his girlfriend.  

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

We pass on him and watch he go to another team and become a star.  He has a crazy arm with both short and deep ball accuracy.  He really does remind me of Mahomes in his style of play.  He even has that shovel pass down.  

Go watch mahomes college highlights and re think your take. Mahomes was a man among boys in college.