New York Rangers 2021

BROOKLYN JET

Mika Zibanejad of the New York Rangers is the first player in NHL history to have a natural hat trick, score all 3 types of goals (power play, shorthanded, even strength) and have 3+ assists in the same game.

He did it all in one period.

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/mika-zibanejad-ties-nhl-record-and-rangers-set-scoring-mark-against-flyers-with-entire-coaching-staff-out/

• Upvote 1

I can’t wait to see if the Rangers continue to play well free of the suffocating tendencies of David Quinn. It’s not surprising that talented players would play well when the fear of losing ice time as retribution for a mistake or a bad period is removed from the equation. If Quinn coached a young Ovechkin he’d have returned to the KHL instead of having a HOF career.

JD, for the love of God, fire David Quinn!!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

We can't string wins together. 

Yeah that one got away.  We were playing the perfect road game but were not able to add that 2nd goal despite quite a few chances. Eventually Ovechkin did what he has done for the last two decades and we are left regretting another one that probably should have been a different result.  Good teams find away.  We didn't, they did and that is all she wrote.

The good news is that we get another crack at them tonight.

• Upvote 2

Rangers headed to the 3rd up 1-0 again.

They really need to get the next one, too many odd man rushes without a shot in these games.

Kakko has really improved defensively, and he has amazing hands, but he needs to learn to get some quick shots off when in a drought like this.

Let's Go Rangers!!!

21 minutes ago, EM31 said:

They found a way in crunch time.  Good job tonight.

Am I the only one who thinks Kincaid gives up too many big rebounds?  It hasn't killed him for us..... yet.  But he does need to clean it up.

Definitely, although Georgie also gave up some big ones against the Caps. They take allot of low shots off the pads, those are tougher to control.

Have to keep an eye on it as the Rangers have a chance to go on a run here with games against Buffalo and two with Philly coming up before another two with Washington.

10 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Great picture ❤

We matchup well with Caps  Nice to see Hartford coach make a mea-culpa to Alexis  

LOW LAFRENIERE ICE TIME

No. 1 pick Alexis Lafrenière skated a season-low 07:53 of ice time on 14 shifts. Knoblauch blamed himself.

“It’s probably mismanagement of the bench and not realizing the situation,” he said. “I did want to keep him away from their top line. But other than that, I wish I would’ve played him more. It was just that they had last change, there was a lot of D-zone faceoffs for us and just unfortunately he missed out on some shifts.”

Edited by 32EBoozer
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Speaking of defenseman any updates on Tony D’Angelo? Where do things stand with him? Did he ever get dealt?

Nope, hopefully they could move him at the deadline.

The Rangers are going to be in a cap bind.

Sounds like they will be getting Eichel at 10 mill, Panarin makes 11 and Zibanejad is going to get 10. 

That's 31 million on 3 players and Buuch is looking like he can get 7.

I doubt they will move him without knowing what they have in Kravtsov, but he is arbitration eligible next season.

They may sign him for 1 year and then have to trade him at the deadline.

This is where Hank not retiring as a Ranger really cost us.

8 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Nope, hopefully they could move him at the deadline.

The Rangers are going to be in a cap bind.

Sounds like they will be getting Eichel at 10 mill, Panarin makes 11 and Zibanejad is going to get 10. 

That's 31 million on 3 players and Buuch is looking like he can get 7.

I doubt they will move him without knowing what they have in Kravtsov, but he is arbitration eligible next season.

They may sign him for 1 year and then have to trade him at the deadline.

This is where Hank not retiring as a Ranger really cost us.

Where are you hearing Eichel and what players are we needing to give up? I thought that ship sailed! I'm all in depending on the talent going to Buffalosers

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Where are you hearing Eichel and what players are we needing to give up? I thought that ship sailed! I'm all in depending on the talent going to Buffalosers

He's hurt right now, but reports are that the only way Buffalo trades him before the off season is to the Rangers.

We had the best offer on the table for him last year, but Buffalo didn't pull the trigger.

https://www.amny.com/sports/rangers-jack-eichel-trade-rumors-continue-to-gain-traction/

According to Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman, the general consensus, for now, is that the Sabres wouldn’t trade the 24-year-old until the offseason — unless it’s the Rangers.