New York Rangers 2021

BROOKLYN JET

22 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Fox impresses me more and more every night. 

14 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Watching here in Pa. flyers announcer amazed at how Fox never seems to tire. Was out on an extended shift. I have to agree as the season goes on he seems to be getting stronger. 

Fox is a great Ranger.

image.thumb.png.e04f6649231562f07d6dae6adc6a2cd0.png

• Sympathy 1

Problem is that the Bruins still have all seven games left against the Sabres and they have three games in hand over us and five over the Pens so I think that makes the Bruins close to an automatic.  The reality is that we are 10 points out of a playoff spot behind the Penguins right now.  I am glad the team has turned a corner and it sure was good to see Shesty back last night and playing well but it is still a really tall hill to climb.

The good news and it has been good news all year long is that every game pretty much is a 4-pointer so our fate is still very much in our own hands.

image.png.b5245ea37ba7972ba98be79826d2e27d.png

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Rangers are going to have to play .750 hockey the rest of the way to get it done.

I was in my normal mode of hoping the Islanders lose (tattooed into my DNA at this point) but right now it benefits us if the Isles run the table against the Caps, Pens and Flyers because that helps us more than me getting to feel good about them losing.

Still feels weird though

• Upvote 1

Today's game will be a real tester and will likely be extremely chippy to say the least.  We are tied with the Flyers in the standings, that team probably feels that their season is completely slipping away and we have put SEVENTEEN goals past them in the last two meetings.  To steal a line from a recent movie, there will be blood and feathers my dears.

If we lose today then it is just a continuation of the season-long same 'ole, same 'ole pattern of win one, lose one, win two, lose two.  On the other hand if we win this one then I feel really good about our chances on Sunday against the Capitals.

Popcorn at the ready.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Today's game will be a real tester and will likely be extremely chippy to say the least.  We are tied with the Flyers in the standings, that team probably feels that their season is completely slipping away and we have put SEVENTEEN goals past them in the last two meetings.  To steal a line from a recent movie, there will be blood and feathers my dears.

If we lose today then it is just a continuation of the season-long same 'ole, same 'ole pattern of win one, lose one, win two, lose two.  On the other hand if we win this one then I feel really good about our chances on Sunday against the Capitals.

Popcorn at the ready.

Definitely, and hopefully they can keep this streak going and gain some ground in the standings. They had some unforseen and unfortunate things go against them this season, and they let too many games they were in slip away. They are behind the 8-ball right now, it's going to be playoff hockey for them down the stretch.

8 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Lemieux to LA for a 4th. What do we think? I feel pretty neutral about it. 

Making room for Kratzov maybe.

I like Pepe, but he's really just a grit guy who plays with an edge.

Howden kills penalties and Gauthier has a higher upside, so I agree with the move.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Lemieux to LA for a 4th. What do we think? I feel pretty neutral about it. 

There are certain games where he is a real spark for us.  Mostly he is not a liability or at least i thought he got better in that regard.  For a 5th?  Who is getting his roster spot?

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, EM31 said:

There are certain games where he is a real spark for us.  Mostly he is not a liability or at least i thought he got better in that regard.  For a 5th?  Who is getting his roster spot?

It’s for a 4th and like @BROOKLYN JETsaid it could be making room for Vitali. My only real problem with the trade is that we lose one of our only tough guys. 

• Upvote 2

Another frustrating loss. The Rangers have been in too many games like this. They play well enough to win, but are snake bitten.

It feels like they are good enough to be a top team, but until Kakko and Laffy take the next step, they are still 1 player away.

I hope to see Kavtsov in the lineup next game.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1