New York Rangers 2021

BROOKLYN JET

Palmieri was a good get for the Islanders, Bastids.  A particularly good get since NJ is eating some of the contract $$$ apparently.  Not sure how much Zajac has left. In any event better the Islanders than the Bruins I suppose because we are more realistically battling them for a playoff spot and Palmieri was being rumored to be going to Boston.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, EM31 said:

Palmieri was a good get for the Islanders, Bastids.  A particularly good get since NJ is eating some of the contract $$$ apparently.  Not sure how much Zajac has left. In any event better the Islanders than the Bruins I suppose because we are more realistically battling them for a playoff spot and Palmieri was being rumored to be going to Boston.

Boston might get Hall from Buffalo.

Another opportunity this Sunday to follow up a good win against a good team with a repeat performance.  Let's see if we can get the second one done this time.

The "kid line" has been really good.

Still worried about Mika despite the empty netter at the end.

Kravtsov was good once again.  Really good. A very promising start to an NHL career so far.

Blackwell! Where the hell did he come from? Did anyone think he would be playing like this?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

Another opportunity this Sunday to follow up a good win against a good team with a repeat performance.  Let's see if we can get the second one done this time.

The "kid line" has been really good.

Still worried about Mika despite the empty netter at the end.

Kravtsov was good once again.  Really good. A very promising start to an NHL career so far.

Blackwell! Where the hell did he come from? Did anyone think he would be playing like this?

Agreed. Blackwell came from Nashville, but he also had stops in San Jose and Buffalo. Nobody saw this coming, what looked like a nothing free agent signing has turned into a real gem. This was probably his last chance and he plays all out, he's really giving 100% and I like him playing with Strome and Panarin.

Same could be said for Stome. I had a feeling he was going to be a good addition, and he has been paying dividends. We got him for Spooner who is out of the league now.

These are definitely two of Gorton's better moves.

• Post of the Week 1

The future is bright I agree Brooklyn Jet, but I fear we are not going to be able to get any playoff seasoning this year.  A pity really since I think we pose a matchup threat against the Islanders to some degree and against the Capitals especially.

It is an odd year, the division rules for this year have made it incredibly tough to get one of those top-4 spots and I am not 100% sold that Quinn is the long term answer behind the bench either.

Still we can play spoiler for the rest of the year and if one of the top-4 teams goes into a serious tailspin maybe there is hope for us yet.  I was holding out hope for Eichel or someone else at the trade deadline to give our playoff chances a bump but i understand that we would need to be in the thick of the race for the front office to make any significant deals.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, EM31 said:

The future is bright I agree Brooklyn Jet, but I fear we are not going to be able to get any playoff seasoning this year.  A pity really since I think we pose a matchup threat against the Islanders to some degree and against the Capitals especially.

It is an odd year, the division rules for this year have made it incredibly tough to get one of those top-4 spots and I am not 100% sold that Quinn is the long term answer behind the bench either.

Still we can play spoiler for the rest of the year and if one of the top-4 teams goes into a serious tailspin maybe there is hope for us yet.  I was holding out hope for Eichel or someone else at the trade deadline to give our playoff chances a bump but i understand that we would need to be in the thick of the race for the front office to make any significant deals.

We are in trade deadline “no man’s land”. Getting close to getting into the premier team category if we could obtain a top line Center, but the talent it would cost takes us back down a level. The farm system isn’t quite robust enough to do this. It would require our young bucks off the top roster. Frustrating because we are wasting Buchenevich and Panarin prime years. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Rangers lose in OT.

Tied with Flyers 4 points behind Bruins.

They really need to win all 4 against the Devils.

Devils in spoiler mode themselves.  I think we may end up with 5 points out of a possible 8 against them.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Devils in spoiler mode themselves.  I think we may end up with 5 points out of a possible 8 against them.

Sucks that they didn't get 2 points last night, they definitely played well enough to win.

Hopefully they cut down on the mistakes and the kids continue to progress, it would really be great if they could get in and get some playoff experience. 

8 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Sucks that they didn't get 2 points last night, they definitely played well enough to win.

Hopefully they cut down on the mistakes and the kids continue to progress, it would really be great if they could get in and get some playoff experience. 

It was a very impressive game from the Rangers yesterday (outside of period 1).  How many times did we hit the post or crossbar?  A good game against a very strong team and a team who were clearly motivated to pay us back for the Friday result.  We can play with all of the teams above us but it just took us too long to get up to speed.

Everyone else had a long winning streak at some point in the year and we did not.  That is the difference in the standings today.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, EM31 said:

It was a very impressive game from the Rangers yesterday (outside of period 1).  How many times did we hit the post or crossbar?  A good game against a very strong team and a team who were clearly motivated to pay us back for the Friday result.  We can play with all of the teams above us but it just took us too long to get up to speed.

Everyone else had a long winning streak at some point in the year and we did not.  That is the difference in the standings today.

Yup, losing Shesterkin, Panarin and Zibanejad for stretches set us back as well, but I like what I see in the development.

Last game of the season is against Boston, hopefully it will mean something.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Yup, losing Shesterkin, Panarin and Zibanejad for stretches set us back as well, but I like what I see in the development.

Last game of the season is against Boston, hopefully it will mean something.

Bruins have really lost their way a bit but let's see if they manage to right the ship.  If not...

• Upvote 1

Rangers standing pat...

Jeff Gorton: “We made a number of calls, took a number of calls, went through a number of scenarios, and it’s clear we have a plan in place. Nothing that came along was going to add to what we wanted to do and was something we felt was going to help us, short term or long term.”

I like it.

• Upvote 1