New York Rangers 2021

BROOKLYN JET

As of 4/18..... While it is true that the gap to the Bruins has stayed stubbornly in the same place, the Islanders and the Pens have come into view.  Just a few more wins now and the cat will really be among the pigeons.  This has been a good little run by the Rangers.

image.png.7c7a35d27c179bf4a32d64493b27843d.png

I really hope the Rangers can get some playoff experience this season, but either way they are going to be much better next year.

I expect Kakko, Laffy and Kravtsov all to be significant contributors next season. Hopefully they can keep Buch, but he'll probably be on an arbitration deal and may get moved at the deadline.

There is nothing about this picture that is encouraging.  Except maybe that we are not the Flyers.

Just eleven games left and tonight we are playing one of the two teams that are still on the hairy edge of being "catchable".  The Bruins still have five left against the Sabres and they are playing much better recently.  If we lose tonight against the Islanders we will be 10 points behind them with 10 games to go. Win and it is six points behind.

I am hoping the the Devils get some mojo back against the Penguins but up until now nobody else has been helping us out so why would tonight be any different?

We put ourselves into this hole and it is up to us to dig our way out. Still a very long shot but not dead yet !! :D

image.png.d5c46b6ea3bd32dcfd8f1d9455867e2d.png

• Upvote 1

Remaining eleven games (below).  Of the teams above us, three games left against the Islanders, two each against the Caps and Bruins and none remaining against the Pens.

If we can win this one tonight it sets up for the next four against teams who are eliminated already (Flyers and Sabres)

The last 6 games will be tough no matter how you slice it.

image.png.6f1c5f966ee0db3747995f7a462b513b.png

2 hours ago, EM31 said:

Remaining eleven games (below).  Of the teams above us, three games left against the Islanders, two each against the Caps and Bruins and none remaining against the Pens.

If we can win this one tonight it sets up for the next four against teams who are eliminated already (Flyers and Sabres)

The last 6 games will be tough no matter how you slice it.

image.png.6f1c5f966ee0db3747995f7a462b513b.png

That remaining schedule isn't exactly encouraging. Could you imagine if those last two decide if the Rangers or Bruins get in?

33 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Playoff hockey before the playoffs. I’ll take lol

I think we have been in win now or die mode for a couple of weeks at least.  But as I said before at least we are not viewing this from the same perspective as a Flyers or Devils fan.