New York Rangers 2021

BROOKLYN JET

The day the season died.

We are not ready. That much is obvious from the men vs. boys game last night.  I get it that everyone deserves a stinker every now and again but we used up all of our stinkers earlier in the year.  We needed to run the table pretty much.  Last night a team built for the post season put us in our place.  It was a stark and sobering experience to watch that game last night.

It is an odd year for a million different reasons and we were hit with injuries and some strange Russian happenings but it is the 2nd year in a row where it seemed like it took the coach about half a season before he managed to get the team going.  Maybe Quinn gets a Mulligan for this season but if so it is his last one.

There is a history in pro sports of bringing in a coach for the beginning of a rebuild but replacing him with an established coach once a rebuilding project turns into a contender.  Personally I think we may be at that point right now.

We need to be a little tougher physically and kids need to be allowed to grow up.  We need additional blue line presence even as we are happy with what Miller and Fox have been doing.  The Tony D'Angelo thing certainly did not help.

• Upvote 3

Offseason blue line moves.  Who stay and who goes?  i have put "No" against Bitetto and Smith and maybe we keep one of them around depending on other things.

NAME

HT

WT

Keep or not?

Anthony Bitetto22

6' 1"

210 lbs

No

Tony DeAngelo77

5' 11"

180 lbs

No

Adam Fox23

5' 11"

181 lbs

Yes

Libor Hajek25

6' 2"

203 lbs

Yes (he has been solid)

Jack Johnson27

6' 1"

227 lbs

No

Zachary Jones6

--

--

--

Yes

Ryan Lindgren55

6' 0"

191 lbs

Yes

K'Andre Miller79

6' 5"

210 lbs

Yes

Braden Schneider

6' 2"

202 lbs

Who?

Brendan Smith42

6' 2"

200 lbs

No (solid citizen but no)

Jacob Trouba8

6' 3"

209 lbs

Yes (cannot unload that contract)

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

What do you think happens with DeAngelo?

The team has said he has played his last game as a Ranger.  It does not seem like there is any market for him at all even if the rangers eat a bunch of salary.  I think he gets released and that will be that.

<edited to add>

For what it is worth he already had some kind of baggage with his previous teams (it never was clear) even before he came to the Rangers.  At this point he is going to find it very difficult to rehabilitate his NHL career,

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, EM31 said:

The team has said he has played his last game as a Ranger.  It does not seem like there is any market for him at all even if the rangers eat a bunch of salary.  I think he gets released and that will be that.

<edited to add>

For what it is worth he already had some kind of baggage with his previous teams (it never was clear) even before he came to the Rangers.  At this point he is going to find it very difficult to rehabilitate his NHL career,

Yea , I know his Ranger career is done, crazy to think he has so much baggage, that we don’t know what it is,that a player of his caliber won’t get another shot

Its not like he has a known drug habit or criminal activities. He must really just be terrible in the room

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, EM31 said:

Offseason blue line moves.  Who stay and who goes?  i have put "No" against Bitetto and Smith and maybe we keep one of them around depending on other things.

NAME

HT

WT

Keep or not?

Anthony Bitetto22

6' 1"

210 lbs

No

Tony DeAngelo77

5' 11"

180 lbs

No

Adam Fox23

5' 11"

181 lbs

Yes

Libor Hajek25

6' 2"

203 lbs

Yes (he has been solid)

Jack Johnson27

6' 1"

227 lbs

No

Zachary Jones6

--

--

--

Yes

Ryan Lindgren55

6' 0"

191 lbs

Yes

K'Andre Miller79

6' 5"

210 lbs

Yes

Braden Schneider

6' 2"

202 lbs

Who?

Brendan Smith42

6' 2"

200 lbs

No (solid citizen but no)

Jacob Trouba8

6' 3"

209 lbs

Yes (cannot unload that contract)

Brendan Schneider is a feisty defensive prospect, he will be a fan favorite if he makes the team.

Six games left. All against teams above us in the division.

We still need help but the next two games we have the chance to help ourselves against one of the two teams it is still possible to catch.

Last time we played the Islanders it was men vs. boys.  This is the last chance coming up for us.  Anything less than four points in regulation is a failure.  Even if we sweep both we will still need help.

• Upvote 2