New York Rangers 2021

BROOKLYN JET

13 hours ago, EM31 said:

Six games left. All against teams above us in the division.

We still need help but the next two games we have the chance to help ourselves against one of the two teams it is still possible to catch.

Last time we played the Islanders it was men vs. boys.  This is the last chance coming up for us.  Anything less than four points in regulation is a failure.  Even if we sweep both we will still need help.

Agreed, the Rangers need to win out and they still need help, it does not look good for this season.

However, the good news is in any other division they are a playoff team. If they did not lose Panarin and Shesty, they are a play off team. If this was a regular 82 game season, they are a playoff team. Sucks if they don't make it, but the future is still very bright, the kids have made positive strides, it's hard not to be excited about the direction they are going. We have hope again, and I expect to see a perennial playoff team and hopefully another championship this decade.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Agreed, the Rangers need to win out and they still need help, it does not look good for this season.

However, the good news is in any other division they are a playoff team. If they did not lose Panarin and Shesty, they are a play off team. If this was a regular 82 game season, they are a playoff team. Sucks if they don't make it, but the future is still very bright, the kids have made positive strides, it's hard not to be excited about the direction they are going. We have hope again, and I expect to see a perennial playoff team and hopefully another championship this decade.

I am not sure that even if we were to make it in the tournament that it would not be a quick one and out for us as it was last year.

I agree there is tremendous potential on the squad and the real key is how quickly the coaching staff can bring the young players along and also how well the front office performs at bringing in additional talent from the marketplace.  It is not just good players but good players who are a good fit.

<edited to add>

Islanders/Lamoriello are really good at that last part.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, EM31 said:

I am not sure that even if we were to make it in the tournament that it would not be a quick one and out for us as it was last year.

I agree there is tremendous potential on the squad and the real key is how quickly the coaching staff can bring the young players along and also how well the front office performs at bringing in additional talent from the marketplace.  It is not just good players but good players who are a good fit.

I agree.

3 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Basically a playoff game tonight. Can’t wait. LGR!

All games are effectively elimination games from now on.  All six are against teams who are higher than us in the standings.

If you assume we are 40% to win any one of these games then winning all six would be roughly a 244-1 proposition.  So, a very long shot indeed. Even if we climb that mountain it may not be enough.

So with that said, play loose because realistically there is nothing to lose.  Maybe we reassess what it is we have to lose if we manage to take these next two games against the Islanders.  Let's count on the fact that they may be thinking about other things including staying healthy for the playoffs and their recent mini-slump

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Rangers down 4-0 and banged up.

No Kreider, No Trouba, lost Lindgren and Chytil.

It does not look likey they will be able to make a run.

Next season will have to be a big one, if Quinn wants to stick around.

This Rangers team is not playoff ready and the Islanders are very much just that. The Islanders are better than us right now.  No two ways about it.

But with that said the team was not ready to play last night and gave a really subpar effort IMO.  That is on Quinn and the entire coaching staff and it isn't the first time.

To my fellow posters in this thread it has been a fun ride.  Thanks for allowing me to share it with all of you.

• Upvote 2

Not sure how I feel about David Quinn. Sometimes the team looks really good and I love the way he coaches a game, other times like the last two icelanders games we look really bad, not focused, uninspired and he makes some questionable moves. The last two seasons it's taken us about halfway through and in a hole before we finally turn it on. That's a problem. Davidson, Gorton and the rest of the front office are going to have to evaluate his future here this offseason. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Somebody needs to take Tom Wilson OUT in the 3rd. **** that guy. A career ending injury for him is in order. 

This is when you miss guys like Tie Domi and Troy Crowder. They would beat this prick up so bad that even his mother wouldn't recognize him.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, section314 said:

This is when you miss guys like Tie Domi and Troy Crowder. They would beat this prick up so bad that even his mother wouldn't recognize him.

17 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Totally agree with you guys. Not having enforcers is such a stupid mistake when you have this amount of young talent and skill players that can get their sh*t kicked in. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Totally agree with you guys. Not having enforcers is such a stupid mistake when you have this amount of young talent and skill players that can get their sh*t kicked in. 

This will change next year be rest assured.

Could you imagine if Torts was still coaching this team. He would have gone nuts punching out the CAPS coach. Sending out Prust and Rupp to take care of Wilson and probably would have punched out Larry Brooks as well.

This team needs some grinders next year no doubt. Guys like Prust or a Colton Orr to just go out there and keep their starts protected.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, shawn306 said:

This will change next year be rest assured.

Could you imagine if Torts was still coaching this team. He would have gone nuts punching out the CAPS coach. Sending out Prust and Rupp to take care of Wilson and probably would have punched out Larry Brooks as well.

This team needs some grinders next year no doubt. Guys like Prust or a Colton Orr to just go out there and keep their starts protected.

1. I hope you're right that they'll bring in some Prust, Rupp, Orr types.

2. I would pay good money to see Torts fight Larry Brooks, would be an absolute slaughter.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Rangers are 100% correct.  As much as you can blame Wilson for being a dirtbag, he has a history fo doing stuff like this and the league does not care.  In fact, by slapping him on the wrist, the League is not only tolerating, but encouraging on ice attacks.  The NHL could stop this if they wanted to.  But they don't.  The NHL needs to wake up and take player safety seriously.  

There should be no place in the game for players like Tom Wilson.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Lith said:

Rangers are 100% correct.  As much as you can blame Wilson for being an a&#036;&#036;hole/dirtbag, he has a history fo doing stuff like this and the league does not care.  In fact, by slapping him on the wrist, the League is not only tolerating, but encouraging on ice attacks.  The NHL could stop this if they wanted to.  But they don't.  The NHL needs to wake up and take player safety seriously.  

There should be no place in the game for players like Tom Wilson.

The Rangers spelled out Parros by name. Shots fired. They might get fined harder for that than the hit. Let me go down as saying that whatever people think of Donald Brashear, Marty McSorley is a POS. Not playing favorites here, Ryan VandenBussche's (Rangers) pre-season destruction of Nick Kypreos (former Ranger) was one of the ugliest live brain damage things I've ever seen. 

I get the whole enforcer thing, it's a huge part of the game; but as NHL fans, people shouldn't get more or less affronted about whose brain damage is more or less worthy of suspension. I've said this before: CTE in the NHL is barely discussed. I'm OK with the gloves coming off, but let's face it, finesse players today wouldn't last 10 seconds.

Hockey is more violent than fckn 'Rollerball', but sugar-coating that part of it is ridiculously disingenuous. Get some consistency or hang up your skates, Department of Player Safety. "Department of Player Safety", LMAO, is that an oxymoron like "Customer Service"?

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Idk maybe it had to be done. It hasn’t been a great season. They signed jack johnson, built a soft roster, Lias didn’t work out, Deangelo disaster etc. 

Something had to happen that we didn’t hear about. JD just got here. Team looks promising and the passes 2 seasons have been an abortion due to COVID

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Idk maybe it had to be done. It hasn’t been a great season. They signed jack johnson, built a soft roster, Lias didn’t work out, Deangelo disaster etc. 

The tweet that went out yesterday was beyond bizarre. Im sure that didnt go over well.

• Upvote 1

Well I guess now that the Knicks are actually playing well Dolan has to find something else to F up.

This team is close to being a playoff team. It needs some guys who can show all these kids what it takes to win when the stakes are high.

Staal, Cally, Girardi when they were young had vets like Jagr, Shannahan and Rozival showing them.

Leetch, Richter had Mess, Glenn Anderson, and MacTavish.

I hope Drury goes out and gets some guys who knows what it takes to win the Cup

• Upvote 1