Jump to content

New York Rangers 2021


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just deleted by FB account 2 weeks ago.  Never had Twitter etc.  This page is the most social media I’ll do.  Just switched search engines to duck duck go as well.   

Might want to look into https://brave.com/ I use that browser with duck duck go. It blocks ads and tracking, but unfortunately if you are using Android or Apple they are probably getting your data any

Hopefully we’ll get some more details on what happened but if part of the reason he’s getting waived is because of “controversial” (conservative) political views then that really pisses me off. It’s a

Posted Images

Buuuch seals it with an empty net goal.

4-2 final

2 in a row,  3-0-1 in their last 4, 7 points out of a possible 8.

Panarin with 3 assists.

The Rangers are starting to win, and they have been in every game this year except game 1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Shesterkin looks like he's coming into form.

:)

It it too early to think we are getting on a bit of a roll?

Pity there is no game Saturday.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EM31 said:

:)

Is it too early to think we are getting on a bit of a roll?

Pity there is no game Saturday.

They were buzzing tonight, and have been playing better lately. Sucks that Saturday's game is postponed, the Devils were on a 5 game losing streak, hopefully they can keep it going against the Islanders on Monday.

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

Plus we are out the the cellar.  For now at least.

Jeez but Mika needs an empty netter or something.

With all the games being played in the division, every game is a potential 4 point swing. If Mika can get the magic back, we should be able to gain ground quickly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Shesterkin looks like he's coming into form.

Not a fan of the constant switching between goalies. I like both guys and think both are good , but gotta let one play for a while and find his stride. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Islanders Monday then Boston on Wednesday and Friday followed by the Flyers on Sunday.  We should find out more about this team over that next 4 game span.  I could see anywhere for zero points to six or even seven.

Islanders have lost 5 straight and will be a desperate last place team on Monday looking to jump over the 2nd to last team (us).  I am liking this all-same-division schedule and I am pretty sure every team is going to develop a real dislike for every other one by the time this is all done. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EM31 said:

Islanders Monday then Boston on Wednesday and Friday followed by the Flyers on Sunday.  We should find out more about this team over that next 4 game span.  I could see anywhere for zero points to six or even seven.

Islanders have lost 5 straight and will be a desperate last place team on Monday looking to jump over the 2nd to last team (us).  I am liking this all-same-division schedule and I am pretty sure every team is going to develop a real dislike for every other one by the time this is all done. 

Imagine this schedule with packed arenas,  

the scuffles in the corner would be intense 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Don’t tell Lith, but the Icelanders played a heck of a game against Pittsburgh 

Didn't think we played all that well.  A lot of turnovers in our own end, couldn't slow them at all through the neutral zone.  But after a 5-game winless streak, I am not going to complain about a win.  Any win against the Penguins is a good win.  

Looking forward to our matchup tomorrow night.  I would wish you luck, but I wouldn't mean it.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lith said:

Didn't think we played all that well.  A lot of turnovers in our own end, couldn't slow them at all through the neutral zone.  But after a 5-game winless streak, I am not going to complain about a win.  Any win against the Penguins is a good win.  

Looking forward to our matchup tomorrow night.  I would wish you luck, but I wouldn't mean it.

Yes you’re right that they were sloppy and they couldn’t contain the Crosby line last night. You guys were out skated with a lot of turnovers but how they hung in there and ground out a win I found impressive. 
Also, you weren’t supposed to see this! Quit lurking

Tim And Eric Reaction GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Yes you’re right that they were sloppy and they couldn’t contain the Crosby line last night. You guys were out skated with a lot of turnovers but how they hung in there and ground out a win I found impressive. 
Also, you weren’t supposed to see this! Quit lurking

Tim And Eric Reaction GIF

Where else am I going to go to talk hockey.  Since RobR seems to have taken a sabbatical from the site, there is noone to talk Isles hockey with. on JN.

Wild game on right now on NBC between the Flyers and Caps.  Hard to know who to root for this season.  I guess the best we can do is hope that whoever wins does it in regulation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lith said:

Where else am I going to go to talk hockey.  Since RobR seems to have taken a sabbatical from the site, there is noone to talk Isles hockey with. on JN.

Wild game on right now on NBC between the Flyers and Caps.  Hard to know who to root for this season.  I guess the best we can do is hope that whoever wins does it in regulation.

I was out all afternoon. 7-4 wow!

37 shots by Caps score 4.

23 shots by Flyers score 7! I would assume the goalie got benched.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In reality there were two replay decisions which could have gone either way and each of which went our way (the Boston goal which maybe was and maybe was not over the line and our goal involving a stick which maybe was and maybe was not above the crossbar).  On balance I thought we were the better team in the 3rd period especially but I will take the point.

No choice but for Mika to step up if Panarin's injury is serious.  The team needs it's stars.

Rask is a beast.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, EM31 said:

In reality there were two replay decisions which could have gone either way and each of which went our way (the Boston goal which maybe was and maybe was not over the line and our goal involving a stick which maybe was and maybe was not above the crossbar).  On balance I thought we were the better team in the 3rd period especially but I will take the point.

No choice but for Mika to step up if Panarin's injury is serious.  The team needs it's stars.

Rask is a beast.

They got the replay calls right. It was a good game, McAvoy made a great play in OT to spring Marchand. Rask was on fire.

Mika needs to shoot more, he has to get hot. Hopefully Panarin can play, tough games ahead. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

They replay calls right. It was a good game, McAvoy made a great play in OT to spring Marchand. Rask was on fire.

Mika needs to shoot more, he has to get hot. Hopefully Panarin can play, tough games ahead. 

I thought the first call was right and the 2nd was wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am starting to run out patience with Quinn. Seems like this team can't do anything in the third period with the game on the line.

I think at some point the Rangers have to make a deal for a guy who can see these kids what it takes to win

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's face it Boston are a really really good team and we are not the only ones to have come up short against them this year,

As Brooklyn says it is frustrating because we are in every game.  Many times we can look back on a game and honestly feel that we have had the better of the play but that is not how these things are measured.  Bottom line is that the team needs to learn how to win more of the close ones and for me that means your stars (or potential stars) need to start playing like it.  Mika, Kakko, LaFreniere, Kreider. and yes even Buch recently... someone needs to figure out how to put the puck into the damned net.  if they don't we are done.

The defense has been doing its job.  This is on the goal scorers.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...