New York Rangers 2021

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They waived him, there's more to it than just this one incident, and his poor play 6 games in to a 2 year 9 million $ contract. He had 50 points last season and got 3 Norris trophy votes, but he also

Yes you’re right. Cancel culture is why I’ve never touched FB & Twitter. Even my twin 20 yr. old boys and my 18 yr. old stay away from social media. If you lean blue you can say whatever you want

Hopefully we’ll get some more details on what happened but if part of the reason he’s getting waived is because of “controversial” (conservative) political views then that really pisses me off. It’s a

Posted Images

A bit if a gap opening at the bottom of the division.  Rangers need a push to get themselves into that higher group,

image.png.a959f2f41c6fd0c6c6f3b1e574424856.png

It is going to be tough to make up enough points against some of these teams but hey, if we cannot do that then maybe bottom 3 is where we belong.

Tough division.

image.png.4772f8edc158b32cf5d7f9aba08d5aa8.png

• Upvote 1

Fox reminds me of Brian Leetch.  Not as a scorer per se but in terms of how smart he is every time he is involved in a play.  It is almost as if the game is going in slow motion for him and Leetch was the last defenseman who left me with that impression.  Pretty good company right there.

• Upvote 2

If anything the Devils should be even more desperate than we are, albeit that they have played two fewer games than us.

29 minutes ago, EM31 said:

If anything the Devils should be even more desperate than we are, albeit that they have played two fewer games than us.

Blackwood made 84 saves in the first two games against us, that's got to change tonight.

They have been the better team through two periods but Shesterkin kept us in it long enough for some good things to happen.

• Upvote 1

Good teams step on other teams neck when they are down.  If we lose by one in regulation on Saturday then it is just a split of the 2 game series. Time to grind out the win and change perceptions a bit.

• Upvote 1

It's good to see guys stepping up in the absence of Panarin, Kakko, Trouba and Mika even though he's playing.

Kreider, Buuch, Fox and Lindgren have been carrying the team, also good to see Laffy start to get things going and Blackwell has been a pleasant surprise.

Let's keep it up thru this tough stretch, when this team is healthy and clicking the sky is the limit.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!

Penguins up next two games.  Starting tomorrow.

It is going to be tough for the Devils or Sabres to get back into the fight. Not impossible with so many head to head games but tough.

image.thumb.png.42686bb0c8e66e402c2d21b53a5e920a.png

image.png

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Penguins up next two games.  Starting tomorrow.

It is going to be tough for the Devils or Sabres to get back into the fight. Not impossible with so many head to head games but tough.

image.png.f34c3edc22b167198328343d03391291.png

Need to get a minimum of 3 pts. from Penguin double feature

Mika showed a little more today.  Maybe I am imagining things but there were some glimmers I thought.

If Buffalo went into another rebuild, and if Eichel became available somehow..... I understand it is unlikely but what would people here give up to get him?

Laffy, Kakko and one more?

(we do "what if?" spitballing all the time on the main board and i was just reading how Krueger is in trouble and how Eichel is not being offered around so i figured I would get the sense of the board about how much would we be willing to give up to get someone like that)

58 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Mika showed a little more today.  Maybe I am imagining things but there were some glimmers I thought.

If Buffalo went into another rebuild, and if Eichel became available somehow..... I understand it is unlikely but what would people here give up to get him?

Laffy, Kakko and one more?

(we do "what if?" spitballing all the time on the main board and i was just reading how Krueger is in trouble and how Eichel is not being offered around so i figured I would get the sense of the board about how much would we be willing to give up to get someone like that)

Mika did look more confident today, but still a shell of himself, he was dominant last season, a top 5 player.

Not sure I would want Eichel, if it meant losing Kappo or Laffy, but if they could manage to move Tony D in a package with another veteran and a couple of players, I would be more opened to it.

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Not sure I would want Eichel, if it meant losing Kappo or Laffy, but.....

We would need to return a Center and then a few other players. We’re deep on Defense...... especially on the left side. 

Chytil, Miller and a couple of picks or do you float Kravtzov? Steep price for a proven offensive weapon. Doesn’t seem like the right time to me. Team is surging and 2 big games against Pitt. I personally stay put and let the chemistry with the young kids grow. We’ve got some fine young talent in the pipeline.

Eichel UFA in ‘26 at age 28. No trade clause 22/23 season on. $10 m/APY w/ $7.5 SB due in ‘23 season. Not a bad contract for that level of talent.

• Upvote 1