Justin Fields: All 22 Coach's FIlm

win4ever

27 minutes ago, JiF said:

Agreed, it's the experience, for sure.  He doesnt have that national moment too, the Watson types of heroics (not the Trevor Lawrence does either) but yes, I agree, the only real concern is the # of starts.

If you’re being objective, you can’t look at how Fields has played this year And come away from it with the only concern is that he hasn’t started a lot of games.  Every QB, except for Jones at Alabama has had to deal with missing guys on offense.   That can’t be used as an excuse, especially at OSU where they have 4 and 5 star kids sitting on the bench waiting to come in. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It shouldn't youre right but scouts always evaluate prospects based on their toughest foe not their easiest 

this Clemson game they are big underdogs to a defense full of future NFL players 

Clemson 20 D would be his toughest test he's ever faced, by far. This defense is way better than Northwestern and Indiana.  

it is just one data point as you say but it's on national tv with every decision maker watching, it shouldn't mean more but it does

he could, feasibly, answer all the questions, get the ball out quick, and make himself millions tonight 

i don't make the rules I just report them, remind people they exist and then get rotten fruit thrown at me 

Agreed, the narrative would change dramatically if he went out and threw for 350 4 TDS and won the game.  I just feel like more mistakes are made in evaluations from putting too much emphasis on any one performance, good or bad.  

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it depends on expectations

drafting Vince Young after a great Rose Bowl sounds like a terrible decision, given full hindsight

like awful, right? 

but people forget the dude won Rookie of the year. He couldn't turn it into a long career but the standard of draft pick success is nebulous 

I feel like if you take a guy and he wins ROTY that's a good pick and what happens afterward is up to life, the universe and everything else 

If the jets take Fields at 2 and he wins ROTY i'm taking that outcome sight unseen as to what happens next 

maybe it's just because of draftdaddy but honestly my head is full of names of dudes who went nowhere. Like hundreds of names per year. After a while you start to lose faith in the best case scenario and everything becomes about avoiding the worst case scenario 

That’s because the success rate is so damn low that if you basically said that every QB coming out wasn’t going to succeed, you would be correct far more than you would be wrong.  

• Upvote 3

It is interesting that Justin hasn’t declared yet.   My guess is that he’s getting some treatment and seeing just how injured he is right now.  He probably comes out, but I wouldn’t be shocked if he stayed another year.   

• Confused 1