Red Flag on Wilson -

11 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

w/o being aggressive... hwo tf whould YOU know what "flies in the NFL"???

this thread. fuggin JN...

Fight Club Punch GIF

For one it’s my opinion, people said the same things about players being rich spoiled kids in the past and they didn’t pan out. Rosen, Manziel 

And if you ever been around people that come from a lot of money they tend to be some of the most disconnected people when it comes to dealing with people who come from less fortunate backgrounds. Not saying everyone with money is a asshat but this is just my sole opinion based on my experiences

3 hours ago, kdels62 said:

What in the poorly written articles is this sh*t?

I doubt there’s many concerns about Wilson’s character. He seems like a dedicated football guy. He is also a rich kid, she-faced MAGA douche, who attended a less diverse school than most. There will be questions that arise with that and he’ll have to answer to those. I doubt it will be too big an issue.

Soooo your assuming what this kid beliefs and attitude are based on his looks....2020 thats sh*ts cool 

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Anthony Jet said:

Soooo your assuming what this kid beliefs and attitude are based on his looks....2020 thats sh*ts cool 

Based on his Twitter account and the identity politics involved. Again, I don’t care, it’s up to the people making evals to see what that actually means and how it works in a locker room. 

14 minutes ago, Larz said:

Darnold got a 93 rating from DJ I think Lawrence got a 96. This kid is playing east Idaho state

Dont fall in love. Know what you are looking for and what you are looking at. 

Darnold is literally the worst starting QB in the NFL. So technically anyone is a upgrade at this point, can’t get more worst than the actual worst guy ?‍♂️

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, Larz said:

Darnold got a 93 rating from DJ I think Lawrence got a 96. This kid is playing east Idaho state

Dont fall in love. Know what you are looking for and what you are looking at. 

I know. In fact I remember Darnold coming out and me saying he wasn’t a great prospect. He had a weak arm and made bad choices. Weird, I saw that years ago. Doesn’t mean I’m always right but I see enough to trust my thoughts on this.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Just saw this negative scouting report on Zach Wilson.  If it is true, Jets need to pass on him

https://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/Some-Teams-Have-Makeup-Concerns-with-Zach-Wilson

Recently, CBS reporter Jason La Canfora broke some interesting news that some NFL teams felt BYU quarterback Zach Wilson could go high in the first round of the 2021 NFL Draft and be the second quarterback selected after Clemson's Trevor Lawrence. Since the end of the 2020 NFL Draft, Ohio State quarterback Justin Fields has been the consensus second-rated quarterback, but La Canfora quoted an executive who felt Wilson could go ahead of Fields. After reading that excellent report by La Canfora, WalterFootball.com followed up with team sources to see if they agreed with that contention. Multiple sources said it was possible that Wilson could go ahead of Fields and high in the first round, but they also said that some teams have character and makeup concerns with Wilson, so there could be some discrepancies across teams and a lack of consensus. 

In speaking to a director of college scouting from a NFC team that is in the market for a new quarterback, he outlined the makeup concerns with Wilson:

• "Johnny Manziel comp without the [drugs]. [Wilson] is fun to watch, but is he a 1-year flash in the pan? He's a backyard baller who is fun to watch." 

"Someone will grab him in the first [round]. I doubt he gets to the second [round] because once the third quarterback goes, after Lawrence and Fields, there will be a run on them. [Wilson] has character concerns, rich kid who is an entitled brat - uncle owns Jet Blue -, parents are a pain, not a leader, selfish, and he's a know-it-all. 

"His positives are that he's super competitive, not to get scared and won't back down, extremely confident, very smart with keen recall and teammates will play for him." 

That college director outlined the makeup of Wilson well, but his team is strict on character, so perhaps that plays into them having Wilson as the fourth quarterback. 

In speaking to a director of college scouting from another team, they said this regarding Wilson in the first round: 

"[Wilson]'s going to go high. He may rise to the second quarterback in the draft. I think he's a second-rounder, but I just feel the quarterback spot is different than others and the round is just a starting point. The postseason process changes a lot. He is as talented as the rest, minus Lawrence." 

Rounding out the responses we got from team sources, here is what we heard. A third college director thought Wilson would go late in the first round or early in the second round. A player personnel director thought Wilson would go in Round 1, and a senior director of player personnel thought Wilson would go in the second round. 

Thus there is big variety in prospect evaluation across the league, and those spreads can happen with quarterback prospects in particular. Add in that some teams have football-character concerns with Wilson, and he could have a big range in the 2021 NFL Draft from high in the first round to somewhere in the second round. 

So literally Baker Mayfield 2.0 pass.  Hard Pass!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Slikmojet! said:

Not buying the character concerns at all. That must be the Fields camp putting out disinfo. Or some team who wants him in the mid rounds like NE muddying the water. Happens every year.

How ya been,  f*cker! LOL. Finally bailed on the Old A-Hole Club?

I agree 100%. Its all horsesh*t, and I prefer a guy with an edge like Marino, as opposed to a p*ssy like Sam.

Be well and Feliz año nuevo!

1 hour ago, Jackie Nielsen said:

Forget character concerns on Wilson. We chose Ken O’Brien over Dan Marino because of character concerns enough said.

This. 

Tired of p*ssy nice kids. Give me an Ahole QB that will demand competence and get in guys faces when they **** up.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

It's stunning that he's a 2nd overall type prospect. He looks nothing more than a late 1st type at best. Fields is even worse though, the drop off at QB after Lawrence is incredible.

Hopefully whoever we take turns out to be legit, but my god there are red flags everywhere. Far more than there were with Darnold. 

Agree 100%

Lawrence was the only QB in this draft