Jump to content

2021 Free Agent Question / Possibility


hawk

Recommended Posts

First, not what I think matters in the grand scheme of things, I would do everything I could to get Allen Robinson this off-season.  Loved him out of college, and has been productive year in and year out despite limited talent throwing to him.  I also think he does it quietly, as I never here anything about it being all about him.  Just goes about his business.  IMO, back up the truck!

My question, what is the story with Hunter Henry?  We need a tight end, and if it's me, I'm looking for a complete TE, if I am shelling out big money.  Can the kid block?  I am seeing widely varying reports, and I dont watch alot of Charger games.

Thanks in advance.

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

That would be a bad move. 

Why do you think that? He has been non existent for us, be it his fault or the teams fault. 

We need a complete overhaul of the position. Maybe a new coach sees some value in him with scheme change, but we could EASILY get his production from a FA or a fresh face from the draft.

Even playing his absolute best, he isnt a game changer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

As far as tight end goes, the eagles are gonna be way over the cap next season and will have to cut payroll significantly and Zach Ertz could be easily had for a 5th or 6th round pick

This is what I think happens. Douglas will send a conditional 2022 pick for Ertz. He'd be on a 1 year $8.5m deal.

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, hawk said:

First, not what I think matters in the grand scheme of things, I would do everything I could to get Allen Robinson this off-season.  Loved him out of college, and has been productive year in and year out despite limited talent throwing to him.  I also think he does it quietly, as I never here anything about it being all about him.  Just goes about his business.  IMO, back up the truck!

My question, what is the story with Hunter Henry?  We need a tight end, and if it's me, I'm looking for a complete TE, if I am shelling out big money.  Can the kid block?  I am seeing widely varying reports, and I dont watch alot of Charger games.

Thanks in advance.

A lot of people saying JuJu I think that would be a bad move unless you somehow think their 2016 USC connection is going to make Sam good. Doubtful. Either way honestly I think Robinson makes so much more sense.

I would love the Jets top 3 receivers to be back next year and just be called 2, 3, 4.

Robinson

Mims

Crowder

Perriman

Not too bad, have some depth there.

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

A lot of people saying JuJu I think that would be a bad move unless you somehow think their 2016 USC connection is going to make Sam good. Doubtful. Either way honestly I think Robinson makes so much more sense.

I would love the Jets top 3 receivers to be back next year and just be called 2, 3, 4.

Robinson

Mims

Crowder

Perriman

Not too bad, have some depth there.

I would love Robinson, I think he makes so much sense for this team.  Allows Mims to operate in more space, and Crowder to thrive underneath.  I think the Jets go WR1 and then sign a TE like Jonnu Smith so it doesn't break the bank.  I think they go for another WR though in the draft, someone like Moore from Purdue as the future slot guy.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, win4ever said:

I would love Robinson, I think he makes so much sense for this team.  Allows Mims to operate in more space, and Crowder to thrive underneath.  I think the Jets go WR1 and then sign a TE like Jonnu Smith so it doesn't break the bank.  I think they go for another WR though in the draft, someone like Moore from Purdue as the future slot guy.  

Robinson and the WR depth chart I listed, and Herndon as the 2nd tight end. That would be pretty cool!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

A lot of people saying JuJu I think that would be a bad move unless you somehow think their 2016 USC connection is going to make Sam good. Doubtful. Either way honestly I think Robinson makes so much more sense.

I would love the Jets top 3 receivers to be back next year and just be called 2, 3, 4.

Robinson

Mims

Crowder

Perriman

Not too bad, have some depth there.

I've heard that JuJu could be headed to the GIANTS as opposed to the Jets. I pray. 

A-Rob would be fantastic. At the end of the day money talks, but he really wants to win. I wonder how much that plays into his decision making. 

I expect the Jets to be involved along with IND, JAX, MIA, LV, NE, and can't rule out CHI (he's close with Trubisky and the team may have a change of heart on his contract given how well he's played since they stalled talks). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...