Feels like Gase is already gone

AFJF

Gase did the inglorious, yet necessary, yeoman’s work of cleaning up after Maccagnan and the Jets haven’t been this prepped for success since 2008. You vermin (not me and @SAR I) sh*t all over Gase, but if the next coach magically has early success, remember who it was that that had the courage and the balls to fumigate Florham Park in the face of all of your unwashed, unlearned, un-American whining about the record. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Did you just have to make a few edits from that time you said Idzik did the yeoman's work of saving us from Rex and now everything was going to get better and we would be forever indebted to him for what waited upon the glorious horizon?

Wow nice hive mind lol 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

You said the same thing about Idzik. Admit it — you have a full set of Garbage Pail Kids cards.

Yup, and if Idzik wasn't trash, there never would have been a Mac.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Gase did the inglorious, yet necessary, yeoman’s work of cleaning up after Maccagnan and the Jets haven’t been this prepped for success since 2008. You vermin (not me and @SAR I) sh*t all over Gase, but if the next coach magically has early success, remember who it was that that had the courage and the balls to fumigate Florham Park in the face of all of your unwashed, unlearned, un-American whining about the record. 

I actually agree with this, but I also agree with the media now strategically pointing out that Bates had Darnold playing better than Gase and Loggains did, regardless of talent.

Gase will find his way in this league, but I also thought the same thing about Mangini.   They are similar.

Gase cannot develop a young QB   I think his best role is a Manning OC repeat or a front office.   

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

can you not stop GIF by John Crist Comedy

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Did you just have to make a few edits from that time you said Idzik did the yeoman's work of saving us from Rex and now everything was going to get better and we would be forever indebted to him for what waited upon the glorious horizon?

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

You said the same thing about Idzik. Admit it — you have a full set of Garbage Pail Kids cards.

Idzik handed $80+ million in clean, unmarked salary cap dollars to Maccagnan to build a team and Maccagnan squandered every single penny of it. Idzik, like Mangini, got short-circuited too soon because of the whiny fanbase. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Idzik handed Maccagnan $80+ million in clean, unmarked salary cap dollars to Maccagnan to build a team and Maccagnan squandered every single penny of it. Idzik, like Mangini, got short-circuited too soon because of the whiny fanbase. 

Salary cap cannot save the NYJs. FAs with options do not come here. The savior will be The One who can draft goodly.

This is also why all the fan handwringing over salary cap is a waste of time. Although I’m sure Woody appreciates the concern over his profits.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, varjet said:

I actually agree with this, but I also agree with the media now strategically pointing out that Bates had Darnold playing better than Gase and Loggains did, regardless of talent.

Gase will find his way in this league, but I also thought the same thing about Mangini.   They are similar.

Gase cannot develop a young QB   I think his best role is a Manning OC repeat or a front office.   

Yeah, I definitely think Gase did a bad job with Darnold and that’s the one thing be couldn’t do, so his termination is justified, but he did a lot of foundation-laying here that 1. No other available coach (McCarthy, Rhule, etc) would have had the sack to do and 2. Has set the Jets on a fairly promising path. 

Also, I just looked it up—Bates is back out of the league. He went Bears—living in the woods—coaching for Bowles—disappeared. Odd.

• Upvote 3

Gase had his chances to prove to the fan base he had the balls & the nerve to win at all cost. Then on 3rd & 6, he handed off to Gore for 5 yards & punted from the opponents 40 yard line. Sorry, when you know your outgunned you script every scenario to take advantage of opportunity. 

Did we even once get into a position like that & rush up to the line & QB sneak like Brady & the Pats have done 1000s of times? Or just go for it with play action down the field? Nope. We had to go by the script, the play called, the most inflexible offense that could score on opening drives & then not get a 1st down for entire quarters! 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, varjet said:

You agree? You agree the best thing the Jets could have done was ignore every FA WR and top OL FA during the two seasons Gase was here, you agree that horrible game plans and runs on second and long all season, even in the last two games we win were the best thing. You agree that perpetuating  the tradition  of losing but not losing enough to get the top prize (one that I think is over hyped but that is a different conversation) was the best thing. 

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Gase had his chances to prove to the fan base he had the balls & the nerve to win at all cost. Then on 3rd & 6, he handed off to Gore for 5 yards & punted from the opponents 40 yard line. Sorry, when you know your outgunned you script every scenario to take advantage of opportunity. 

Did we even once get into a position like that & rush up to the line & QB sneak like Brady & the Pats have done 1000s of times? Or just go for it with play action down the field? Nope. We had to go by the script, the play called, the most inflexible offense that could score on opening drives & then not get a 1st down for entire quarters! 

Not for nothing but he did beat Rams and Browns at a huge cost to the franchise. Seems to me Gase only wins “at any cost.”

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Idzik handed $80+ million in clean, unmarked salary cap dollars to Maccagnan to build a team and Maccagnan squandered every single penny of it. Idzik, like Mangini, got short-circuited too soon because of the whiny fanbase. 

Idzik also handed us this

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, More Cowbell said:

<clears throat> Quincy Enunwa was the best player, based on value, this team had drafted in the past ten years prior to this past draft. 

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

<clears throat> Quincy Enunwa was the best player, based on value, this team had drafted in the past ten years prior to this past draft. 

Foley Fatukasi has never missed a game due to injury ,was a sixth-round pick and is one of the best in the NFL at his position.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, I definitely think Gase did a bad job with Darnold and that’s the one thing be couldn’t do, so his termination is justified, but he did a lot of foundation-laying here that 1. No other available coach (McCarthy, Rhule, etc) would have had the sack to do and 2. Has set the Jets on a fairly promising path. 

Also, I just looked it up—Bates is back out of the league. He went Bears—living in the woods—coaching for Bowles—disappeared. Odd.

Here! Hear!

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Idzik's drafting did him in.  Good plan, awful execution.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

From the top rope!

Yes he tore it down and got rid of Mac but he’s been a bad coach. There’s no reason that they couldn’t have been more competitive especially with what they’ve shown the past few weeks. They played like the worst team in the league for 13 weeks and Darnold regressed. The criticism has been well deserved I think. 

• Upvote 1

Adam Gase was paid handsomely to do a job. His only positive contribution was to make ownership understand what a catastrophic failure Mac was, and his role in getting JD in the building might be one of the most impactful moves in the history of the franchise. But, other than that one, very big, thing, he has failed at every aspect of his job. His failure is so profound that even he acknowledges it.

Unlike some here, while I think he is an awful HC and OC, I don’t think he’s a bad guy. I have an odd feeling that after being fired, the jets will keep him in in some consulting or scouting role if he prefers that to simply collecting checks from the Johnsons. I think his only other work option would be rehabbing his Coaching rep with Saban and the Crimson Tide. So many coaches have turned to Saban for that particular reason that I’ve begin to wonder if he makes them pay him for it.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

@T0mShane started 2021 stoned!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You're nothing if not an, "the end justifies the means," kinda guy. 

Exactly ... Gase = Mangini

Gase did the inglorious, yet necessary, yeoman’s work of cleaning up after Maccagnan and the Jets haven’t been this prepped for success since 2008. You vermin (not me and [mention=9488]SAR I[/mention]) sh*t all over Gase, but if the next coach magically has early success, remember who it was that that had the courage and the balls to fumigate Florham Park in the face of all of your unwashed, unlearned, un-American whining about the record. 

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Gase had one job and one job only - Develop Sam.  He failed miserably at that.  Sam got worse under his watch.

Fact is, if Sam was playing well, showing progress and the team just wasn't winning - Gase would be coming back.  

• Upvote 1