Feels like Gase is already gone

AFJF

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Gase did the inglorious, yet necessary, yeoman’s work of cleaning up after Maccagnan and the Jets haven’t been this prepped for success since 2008. You vermin (not me and @SAR I) sh*t all over Gase, but if the next coach magically has early success, remember who it was that that had the courage and the balls to fumigate Florham Park in the face of all of your unwashed, unlearned, un-American whining about the record. 

this is is bullcrap.  You make it sound like the Johnsons hired Gase to clean up the place.  Yeah right... I've got a bridge to sell you.  Gase is being fired because he is the sh*ttiest HC coach in the NFL and also the one of the worst OC's ever to be given a clipboard.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Also, I just looked it up—Bates is back out of the league. He went Bears—living in the woods—coaching for Bowles—disappeared. Odd.

Screen-Shot-2020-06-21-at-1.48.33-PM.png?fit=1200%2C605&ssl=1

So Long 2020! Former New York Jets Offensive Coordinator Jeremy Bates rings in the New Year in style. (Credit: Fairbanks Daily News-Miner)

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Gase did the inglorious, yet necessary, yeoman’s work of cleaning up after Maccagnan and the Jets haven’t been this prepped for success since 2008. You vermin (not me and @SAR I) sh*t all over Gase, but if the next coach magically has early success, remember who it was that that had the courage and the balls to fumigate Florham Park in the face of all of your unwashed, unlearned, un-American whining about the record. 

except for gase, every jets new head coach since kotite has posted a winning record in year 1.  i'm not a gase hater.  his teams had to contend with far too many injuries and then this stupid virus year.  what role he has in this is anyone's guess.  i certainly hope the jets are over the injury bug next season.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

this is is bullcrap.  You make it sound like the Johnsons hired Gase to clean up the place.  Yeah right... I've got a bridge to sell you.  Gase is being fired because he is the sh*ttiest HC coach in the NFL and also the one of the worst OC's ever to be given a clipboard.  

it's not bull crap at all.  maybe chris johnson overestimated the talent level of the team and especially darnold.  and if the jets are in a much better position to succeed next season because of gase's house cleaning then so be it.  he deserves the credit.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Idzik also handed us this

The who's not who NFL list. that's half a defense, half an offense. 

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think the early season success (lololol) should still be credited to Eric Mangina just like the two deep playoff Runs. 

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Idzik handed $80+ million in clean, unmarked salary cap dollars to Maccagnan to build a team and Maccagnan squandered every single penny of it. Idzik, like Mangini, got short-circuited too soon because of the whiny fanbase. 

If Jets leadership is and has been making decisions based on the whiny fanbase, then the problem does not lie with said fanbase.

• Post of the Week 1

I think you can add me to the pro-Gase list.

I didn’t want him, but once hired I supported him 100%.

I still think if he swallowed his ego and hired a real offensive coordinator he could be a successful CEO type head coach.

Ultimately, his one job was to develop Sam and he failed.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I think you can add me to the pro-Gase list.

I didn’t want him, but once hired I supported him 100%.

I still think if he swallowed his ego and hired a real offensive coordinator he could be a successful CEO type head coach.

Ultimately, his one job was to develop Sam and he failed.

The only place Gaze would be a good CEO is Enron.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

What a bunch of sh*t.  

Hey SORE I, hold this guys beer!  He can spew nonsense like you!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Idzik also handed us this

What a colossal waste of resources!  I mean it really was complete and utter negligence.  Like flushing $100 bills down the toilet over and over and over.  The same Draft that Davante Adams, Allen Robinson, and Jarvis Landry came out of!  We picked Calvin Pryor and Jace Amaro before any of those 3 were taken.... now we're talking about dumping money on Allen Robinson in FA.  Geez!

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

What a colossal waste of resources!  I mean it really was complete and utter negligence.  Like flushing $100 bills down the toilet over and over and over.  The same Draft that Davante Adams, Allen Robinson, and Jarvis Landry came out of!  We picked Calvin Pryor and Jace Amaro before any of those 3 were taken.... now we're talking about dumping money on Allen Robinson in FA.  Geez!

I wanted Cooks in that draft

• Upvote 1

Idzik handed $80+ million in clean, unmarked salary cap dollars to Maccagnan to build a team and Maccagnan squandered every single penny of it. Idzik, like Mangini, got short-circuited too soon because of the whiny fanbase. 

They don't call it the Idzik 12 for no reason. He missed on every single draft pick he made. Not that his replacement was much better..

Idzik's philosophy of building through the draft was correct. Problem is the guy couldn't find talent through the draft to save his life.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Gase is not a good HC. Actually thought he was better in game than Bowles was though. Less clock mistakes under Gase at least. Not exactly a high bar.

Clock management is easy when you lose every week.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Gase did what the franchises needed. He took this Owner, GM and roster out back and shot it. Now we are all positioned with a long term GM and an owner who may actually get out of the way for once.

Gase is a TERRIBLE coach and he completely nuked this entire organization but it absolutely 100% NEEDED to be destroyed before it could be built up properly. I really hope JD can get this right. Gase did what we needed but he was only the hitman here to take out the Jets. He is in no way the coach/leader that this team needs.

I will respect him for helping set us up with a clean slate and ridding us of Mac, Adams, Darnold and Chris Johnson meddling. We will see what happens. 

38 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I wanted Cooks in that draft

I think John Brown was in there too.  Very deep WR draft....and look who we got!

In fact, the Jets history of drafting mid-round WRs is so poor it almost defies probability.  Shaq Evans, Jalen Saunders, Devin Smith, Ardarius Stewart, Chad Hansen, even going back to Stephne Hill, etc.  Almost impossible to whiff that many times.  The only moderate success was Enunwa in that timeframe.

A monkey throwing darts at a list of draft prospects would do better.

Look at where the Jets have been forced to find starters in recent years!  Signing Crowder in FA, trading for Brandon Marshall, signing Eric Decker, signing Perriman, etc.

The lack of success in drafting WRs over the past 5-7 years is astounding especially given how plentiful and deep the WR talent pool has been in the Draft over that time.  Heaven help us if Mims doesn't become at least a high-end WR2.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Too bad we couldn’t keep Gase relegated to the front office 

19 minutes ago, Reynolds1029 said:

They don't call it the Idzik 12 for no reason. He missed on every single draft pick he made. Not that his replacement was much better..

Idzik's philosophy of building through the draft was correct. Problem is the guy couldn't find talent through the draft to save his life.

Three picks in the first three rounds, nine picks in 4-7.

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Hey SORE I you want to hear nonsense?  Hold my beer!

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Gase had one job and one job only - Develop Sam.  He failed miserably at that.  Sam got worse under his watch.

Fact is, if Sam was playing well, showing progress and the team just wasn't winning - Gase would be coming back.  

And we think any quality coach is going to want to be the 3rd coach sacrificed at the alter of Sam Darnold.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Thank you Gase. Now get the F@ck out!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

And we think any quality coach is going to want to be the 3rd coach sacrificed at the alter of Sam Darnold.

Yes. I think two things are as close to certain as possible.

1) Sam is gone

2) We're taking a QB at 2.

A lot of variables after that but it would be hard to see how those two things don't happen.

18 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes. I think two things are as close to certain as possible.

1) Sam is gone

2) We're taking a QB at 2.

A lot of variables after that but it would be hard to see how those two things don't happen.

Because, Jets?

l pretty much expect Darnold to be the day 1 starter at this point.

• Haha 1

We can agree to disagree, brother. Gase is toxic, stubborn,  inflexible, completely neglected his primary duty of developing Darnold, and is such a self-conscious rabbit eared, unconfident weirdo, he refused to even consider bringing in a QB coach or a legitimate Offensive Coordinator,  people who would see through his act and challenge his competence and authority,  and possibly hold him accountable (Unlike his coffee Midget Loggains, or our brain dead owner). 

The fact that its even PLAUSIBLE to wonder if he placed getting Frank Gores March to 16K as the priority over developing young players shows how broken and disjointed the Jets under Gase are.

Mac got rid of Mac through sheer incompetence,  it was the Johnsons stupidity that allowed him the last ridiculous off season. 

And contrary to the warm and fuzzy puff pieces of 2 years ago, Gase and JD worked together for about 20 minutes, barely actually know each other, and haven't been in the same building prior to Joes hiring since his 1 year in Chicago as a scout 5 years ago. 

6 years for $6M per is why Joe is here, not because of any actual deep relationship with Gasehole. 

The narrative of Adam Gase as some tethered goat or sacrificial Lamb is nonsense. Every failing and oddness he exhibited in Miami simply became more intense in NY, and we literally cannot get him out of the building and out of our lives fast enough. 

Happy New Year, you filthy animal.

• Sympathy 1

Yeah, I definitely think Gase did a bad job with Darnold and that’s the one thing be couldn’t do, so his termination is justified, but he did a lot of foundation-laying here that 1. No other available coach (McCarthy, Rhule, etc) would have had the sack to do and 2. Has set the Jets on a fairly promising path. 

Also, I just looked it up—Bates is back out of the league. He went Bears—living in the woods—coaching for Bowles—disappeared. Odd.

Bates was trash. Morton was the best OC we've had in 20 years, and Bowles was allowed to sh*tcan him, because Morton had a neglected offense, manned by a bunch of Journeymen outplaying and showing up Bowles and his boy Kacy and their absolute trash $120 Million Defense.

JOKE.  

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

cjaglaff.gif

"Just how many hints do those morons need before they figure it out already?  LOLOLOLOLOLOL."

SAR I

Hints that you're either mentally challenged,  or just an epic troll here to be a bitch in every thread, and then disappear for a while after you get proven wrong again? LOL. 

Yeah, we got it bro!