Looks like Jetnation is split down the middle

Jetster

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

the Jets, having no assets under contract whatsoever, could easily draft 5 Offensive line first rounders and be able to sign them all in 2026 when the cap is 300 million 

the Saints are 80 mil over and they are going to field a fantastic team next season 

Jets are 100 mil under and fans are worried about signing Penei Sewell in 2026

even if all that is false, trading an all pro for a boat load of draft picks is a very Jets outcome

why is that so hard to believe it's pretty much what they've done to everyone except Quincy Enunwa 

Jets have been such a miserable franchise that their good players want out.  Example:  JA.  Part of this is that they don't actually hit that often when they do have a top drift pick.

I think that JD is a better GM altho that is purely a guess at this point.

Assuming he is, then we will see an influx of talent from the draft and fa.  Instead of being forced to sell of assets, again ala JA, jets will be able to hold on to players they like.  Imagine a world where their unrestricted fa's are signed by other teams because their is no room in the inn.  And the Jets get compensatory picks.

Scary.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, QB1 said:

The tackle makes no sense 

we just added an elite tackle with higher upside than sewell

between FA and our other draft picks we are in position to develop a top flight OLine regardless 

taking Sewell is the macagnan move 

Sewell is better than Becton who would move to RT also Maccagnan would never draft OL in 1st and 2nd rounds

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

Slats you may be dead on with this, but I think something to keep in mind is Sewell just might be too good to pass up. Kiper: ( I know )” He’s a plug-and-play left tackle in the mold of Orlando Pace, Walter Jones and Anthony Munoz. Yes, I’m saying he’s a Hall of Fame talent, and he’d be in the running for the No. 1 overall pick in most other drafts.

If Douglas can’t find a trade partner and doesn’t love the QB’s, do you really think he can pass on Sewell?

I think he’ll find a trade partner if he wants one. I’m really not concerned about that at all. 

15 minutes ago, slats said:

I think he’ll find a trade partner if he wants one. I’m really not concerned about that at all. 

Yea, let's find a trade partner for the sake of finding a trade partner because I don't already have 8 more draft picks & 9 next year, including 2 firsts. This team better start drafting f*cking awesome players like Penei Sewell! Of course if Bill Belichick was picking Sewell it would be like, OMG, how are we going to get to the QB?

8 hours ago, QB1 said:

The tackle makes no sense 

we just added an elite tackle with higher upside than sewell

between FA and our other draft picks we are in position to develop a top flight OLine regardless 

taking Sewell is the macagnan move 

Becton is also hurt a lot and I would bet he will always have problems.

1 hour ago, harts724 said:

Sewell is better than Becton who would move to RT also Maccagnan would never draft OL in 1st and 2nd rounds

Taking Sewell is a Macc move.  Drafting the first round BPA instead of the high upside QB.

• WTF? 1

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

This is the only trade down I accept! Bengals #35 & their #4 this year or #35 & their #2 next year. I'm not going below Miami! You take what turns out to be the concensus best WR in the draft! And hopefully, it's the guy Miami wanted! 

Exactly, Cincinnati is desperate for the tackle; the more we look like we want Sewell, the more they will try to convince us to let it go.  We move down 1 spot for the actual target, Chase or less likely a QB (depending on how Douglas feels about the QBs).  And we pick up an extra pick.  They aren’t moving up 1 spot to trade back 2.  We need to stay above Miami. 

29 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Yea, let's find a trade partner for the sake of finding a trade partner because I don't already have 8 more draft picks & 9 next year, including 2 firsts. This team better start drafting f*cking awesome players like Penei Sewell! Of course if Bill Belichick was picking Sewell it would be like, OMG, how are we going to get to the QB?

If they pass on a QB this draft, they’ll have to trade down to add extra picks to help select one next year. I guarantee you that JD isn’t too concerned about having too many draft picks. 

7 minutes ago, slats said:

If they pass on a QB this draft, they’ll have to trade down to add extra picks to help select one next year. I guarantee you that JD isn’t too concerned about having too many draft picks. 

You guarantee a lot of sh*t don't ya? Someone who's so disparaging of others fans thoughts on a message board should definitely not be a Moderator. Just my humble opinion. 

30 minutes ago, Jetster said:

You guarantee a lot of sh*t don't ya? Someone who's so disparaging of others fans thoughts on a message board should definitely not be a Moderator. Just my humble opinion. 

I promise to bring your complaints to the management. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Jetster said:

Reading these threads it looks like it's about 50/50 between the build the best Oline in football or take another wild swing at a QB. I know there are the trade down group but let's just say no one wants to give up the capital JD would want to move back. I can tell you having another Division foe (Miami) right between a trade back isn't optimal either. 

Take a stab at a QB to sit on the bench? No way we're keeping Darnold if we take a QB at #2. JD will sign a veteran. No free agent skill players are coming here in year 1 with a rookie starter. And no one is coming here to play with Flacco or some other retread aging QB.

Pretty wild offseason with so many differing views from fans & the media alike. This is where JD earns his money, these decisions will forge our future for the next decade. 

Check back after everyone reads the box score and sees what Justin Fields did tonight.

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

We take disparaging very seriously here. I just checked the records, each mod gets to make 5 disparaging remarks a month.

For December @slats was at 7 in total. But he made two trades earlier in the month, 1 with @The Crusher and 1 with @Sperm Edwards to acquire unused disparaging posts from them.

So when you net it all out there is no infraction here.

:)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Maxman said:

We take disparaging very seriously here. I just checked the records, each mod gets to make 5 disparaging remarks a month.

For December @slats was at 7 in total. But he made two trades earlier in the month, 1 with @The Crusher and 1 with @Sperm Edwards to acquire unused disparaging posts from them.

So when you net it all out there is no infraction here.

:)

I thought we agreed that @slats repeating the same remark 4x only counted as one last month. Particularly since they were all directed at @nycdan in the first place; and anyway calling someone needledick isn’t really disparaging if it’s true. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/1/2021 at 3:34 PM, Jetlife33 said:

Slats you may be dead on with this, but I think something to keep in mind is Sewell just might be too good to pass up. Kiper: ( I know )” He’s a plug-and-play left tackle in the mold of Orlando Pace, Walter Jones and Anthony Munoz. Yes, I’m saying he’s a Hall of Fame talent, and he’d be in the running for the No. 1 overall pick in most other drafts.

If Douglas can’t find a trade partner and doesn’t love the QB’s, do you really think he can pass on Sewell?

Cool, so the smart move is to not take him, trade down twice and take the 215 lb LB from Notre Dame?  I mean that's what Parcells would do, right?

• Upvote 1

What happened? I thought people were all in on Zach Wilson? He still in play?

& not all Jets fans are on JetsNation. Example, everyone at the Barber shop in all in on Justin.....

We have people who are fans of the QB, more than the team. Those folks are 50/50, cause they want their boy Sam to succeed.........but folks who want whats best for the team want the best player available.

Justin looks like the best player in college at this time.

13 hours ago, bitonti said:

As someone else posted if taking a lineman was a Mac move, he might still be here 

you missed the point.

A Macc move is taking a BPA non-premium position, over an upside QB when we need a QB.

The 2021 Macc move would be: Taking the BPA to play RT, over Fields.

I'm confident JD isn't like Macc and he'll take a QB.

5 hours ago, dcJet said:

you missed the point.

A Macc move is taking a BPA non-premium position, over an upside QB when we need a QB.

The 2021 Macc move would be: Taking the BPA to play RT, over Fields.

I'm confident JD isn't like Macc and he'll take a QB.

Macc took the upside QB in 2018 and darnold got steamrolled due to lack of infrastructure and weapons 

We're literally at the same crossroads, maybe a worse team than the one that drafted darnold, and people are saying they they need the qb 

We just saw Trevor Lawrence get beat up because his line didn't show up 

Yes they need a qb. They need like 10 other starters too 

This is not a comment on the qb. Just how to build the team 

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Macc took the upside QB in 2018 and darnold got steamrolled due to lack of infrastructure and weapons 

We're literally at the same crossroads, maybe a worse team than the one that drafted darnold, and people are saying they they need the qb 

So, are you saying the Jets should NOT draft a QB with No. 2?

8 minutes ago, phill1c said:

So, are you saying the Jets should NOT draft a QB with No. 2?

I'd prefer penei Sewell yes that's what I'm saying 

I can understand wanting to take fields or TL even if Fields went 1 but I don't believe this team can put that qb in the position to succeed right away and that player needs to be good right away in this town 

Also there is the matter of Sewell being an outstanding possibly historic prospect in his own right. A Becton Sewell duo would give this team an identity 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I got you.  But, we can get an exceptional prospect this year and we can, at the same time, build the team while he sits a year.

We have cash and we have plenty of picks.

This current crossroad is not like 2018.  This crossroad is like 2017 when Macc decided to "build the locker room" even though we needed a QB and were staring at good prospects.   

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

I'd prefer penei Sewell yes that's what I'm saying 

I can understand wanting to take fields or TL even if Fields went 1 but I don't believe this team can put that qb in the position to succeed right away and that player needs to be good right away in this town 

Yeah, I agree somewhat. I really wanted Sewell until today when I saw that you could have the Cowboys OL and their WRs and Darnold would still throw into coverage and take unnecessary sacks (although I guess there would be less of them).

Part of the reason I like Sewell is that the Jets have another 1st rounder.

BUT I think they are way more talented than when they took Darnold.