Will James Morgan see any time at QB on Sunday?

Strongly doubt it.  Think this will be a total red shirt season for the Captain.

The purpose of drafting him was to develop him.  This has been a difficult year to develop a young QB.  No OTA's.  Very strange camp.  

I guess the pick was questionable to you, it wasn't to me.  I've seen the kid play, he's got talent, but he is very raw. Have no idea if he's going to be an NFL QB or not, but i do know this has been a very weird season and I'm not going to judge how they handle the kid.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Strongly doubt it.  Think this will be a total red shirt season for the Captain.

The purpose of drafting him was to develop him.  This has been a difficult year to develop a young QB.  No OTA's.  Very strange camp.  

I guess the pick was questionable to you, it wasn't to me.  I've seen the kid play, he's got talent, but he is very raw. Have no idea if he's going to be an NFL QB or not, but i do know this has been a very weird season and I'm not going to judge how the handle the kid.

On a team that is bereft of talent, why take a flyer on a long term project?...Ashtyn Davis is another pick that is a complete head shaker. 

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I guess the pick was questionable to you, it wasn't to me.  I've seen the kid play, he's got talent, but he is very raw. Have no idea if he's going to be an NFL QB or not, but i do know this has been a very weird season and I'm not going to judge how the handle the kid.

I’m with you on him. I remember the day of the draft listening to Movin the Chains on Sirius. They both always have a sleeper that they love on Offense and Defense. Pat Kirwin’s Offensive pick was Morgan. Said he’d probably be a 4th/5th rd guy and that somebody was going to get a steal. I believe he said other than the big 3, from all the tape he watched Morgan was the best remaining QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

26 minutes ago, jetsrule128 said:

Let’s see Mike White. He has been on the team for 2 years 

Please cut these scrubs and draft some QBs with the ability to actually play competently in an NFL game.  Clearly, these two were mistakes.  Please just admit it and move the frig on already.

• Upvote 1

Just now, section314 said:

Little higher than that.Consider this your first big tip of 2021.?

I see nothing to suggest that at all.  If the jets are going to sump darnold they will draft a hit shot Qb with their 1st pick.  Morgan is Tom Savage.  A backup, career backup more 3rd stringer than even a backup as teams favor vet backups,   Just a terrible pick by Douglas.

I'll be delighted if you are correct and I am wrong.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I see nothing to suggest that at all.  If the jets are going to sump darnold they will draft a hit shot Qb with their 1st pick.  Morgan is Tom Savage.  A backup, career backup more 3rd stringer than even a backup as teams favor vet backups,   Just a terrible pick by Douglas.

I ‘ll leave you with this. If we don’t take a QB in the first 3 rds, it’s not because of Darnold.

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Precisely...this has the whiff of the Hackenberg pick...the Ashtyn Davis pick is the other one.

37 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

It was a redshirt year for him when he was drafted, and it's still a redshirt year for him.

You can't read anything into it at all, as that was always the plan for Morgan in year 1.

Whats the Big role? Clip Board 3rd stringer from 4th lol

1 hour ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

On a team that is bereft of talent, why take a flyer on a long term project?...Ashtyn Davis is another pick that is a complete head shaker. 

The old adage that you take a QB until you find one. I think James Morgan was drafted to be a developmental insurance policy in case Sam Darnold flamed out (which he has). I also don't think Douglas foresaw the Jets getting anywhere close to being able to draft one of the top QBs in 2021, which, unfortunately, would make the Morgan pick kind of redundant (unless Morgan surprises people and outperforms whatever QB we end up drafting).

Either way, though, I wouldn't be upset that a GM took a flier on a QB, especially now that it looks like the Jets are still missing thier franchise QB, because they need all the options they can get. It's the most important position (and hardest to fill) after all.

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Please cut these scrubs and draft some QBs with the ability to actually play competently in an NFL game.  Clearly, these two were mistakes.  Please just admit it and move the frig on already.

I hope so...he would look good in a fin's uni....

• Upvote 2

This season saw no progression and significant regression of Sam under the present regime who thoroughly and admittedly failed to develop this once promising 1st round pick. What exactly do we hope to learn by seeing how much they developed Morgan? My bet is zero development regardless of Morgan’s talent or lack there of.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app