(Darnold + Sewell or WR1) > QB other than TL

Stop with all the talks of  QB from Ohio St. Being a franchise QB

Or the next Rosen>>> lesser deep ball Wilson.

Except for Marino, who was instant great QB from the get go?  TL might, no one else will in this draft.   

If Sam doesn't improve then you will have more pieces for the next QB in 2022 draft.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 7
  • WTF? 3
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Newjetsfan said:

Except for Marino, who was instant great QB from the get go?  TL might, no one else will in this draft.   

If Sam doesn't improve then you will have more pieces for the next QB in 2022 draft.

Stop making threads . 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Newjetsfan said:

Guess another issue with Sam is now a another new HC with new offensive coaches and another new offensive system, etc. That can now be another excuse for slow start, struggles, etc. on 2021.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Guess another issue with Sam is now a another new HC with new offensive coaches and another new offensive system, etc. That can now be another excuse for slow start, struggles, etc. on 2021.

Nah - the new head coach is gonna retain Gase as our offensive coordinator. That way Chris Johnson saves some money and he still has the coach who is coaching where teams are going or whatever that saying is. 

4 hours ago, Newjetsfan said:

Forget the downvotes, ‘This is the way’. Good post.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Newjetsfan said:

Except for Marino, who was instant great QB from the get go?  

Big Ben, Aaron Rodgers, Chad Pennington, hell even Sanchez took us to the AFC Championship game his first 2 years. All this is why I still believe Sam can be our solution to the problem with help. Nobody would be good under this coaching staff.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Big Ben, Aaron Rodgers, Chad Pennington, hell even Sanchez took us to the AFC Championship game his first 2 years. All this is why I still believe Sam can be our solution to the problem with help. Nobody would be good under this coaching staff.

And how did Sanchez get the Jets there?  With a dominant OL and running game.  Oh and a great defense. 

• Upvote 1

I don’t understand this take. So you want to kick the can down the road. Sam likely isn’t the guy. You want to take a right tackle when you have the 2nd pick, when you could take a qb, restart the clock on the position and have a new coach link up with his guy.

also, everyone losses their mind that Mac used 3 second round picks to move up for Sam. So what I’m hearing is people advocating for that next year. Say the Jets are just middle of the road next year, 6-10, 5-11, you’re going to have to use draft capital to move to get a qb when you wouldn’t have to do that this year.

take the qb, try to go for the line help with the Seahawks pick. Then you have two first round picks to continue building around the qb next year. This isn’t hard.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Hey have you even watched Sewell tape? Can you tell me what he does well and what not? Seems like jets fans love to get stuck in the média narratives. Go watch some film you nerd

Yeah I have been following Sewell since he was rated highest rated Guard in his Junior year in high school...

10 hours ago, usanyj said:

I don’t understand this take. So you want to kick the can down the road. Sam likely isn’t the guy. You want to take a right tackle when you have the 2nd pick, when you could take a qb, restart the clock on the position and have a new coach link up with his guy.

also, everyone losses their mind that Mac used 3 second round picks to move up for Sam. So what I’m hearing is people advocating for that next year. Say the Jets are just middle of the road next year, 6-10, 5-11, you’re going to have to use draft capital to move to get a qb when you wouldn’t have to do that this year.

take the qb, try to go for the line help with the Seahawks pick. Then you have two first round picks to continue building around the qb next year. This isn’t hard.

It’s all about how they want to be right about Sam on the Internet. No one objectively believes we should pass on a QB.