1-1-2021: The Official NCAA College Football Game Thread (New Years Day Playoffs special)

4:00 - #1 Alabama (11-0) vs. #4 Notre Dame (10-1). 

I'll be rooting for Notre Dame. Being born in 1985 when the movie Rudy came out I was 8 years old (1993) and have always liked Notre Dame ever since (FSU fan). 

Watch out for Mac Jones. I believe he's the best QB outside of Lawrence. 

8:00 #2 Clemson (10-1) vs. #3 Ohio State (6-0).  

This will become the first week this year that we've watched a Clemson game while knowing we won't draft, Trevor Lawrence. Disappointing for me to say the least. 

So with that said I've got to move on, let go; and let JD. 

Justin Fields. I'll be rooting for this kid tonight. I've been critical of him but I'm not a hater who intensionally wants to see him look bad (when he could become our next Jets QB). I'll be pulling for Ohio State and a hopefully monster game from Fields tonight. 

19 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

4:00 - #1 Alabama (11-0) vs. #4 Notre Dame (10-1). 

I'll be rooting for Notre Dame. Being born in 1985 when the movie Rudy came out I was 8 years old (1993) and have always liked Notre Dame ever since (FSU fan). 

Watch out for Mac Jones. I believe he's the best QB outside of Lawrence. 

8:00 #2 Clemson (10-1) vs. #3 Ohio State (6-0).  

This will become the first week this year that we've watched a Clemson game while knowing we won't draft, Trevor Lawrence. Disappointing for me to say the least. 

So with that said I've got to move on, let go; and let JD. 

Justin Fields. I'll be rooting for this kid tonight. I've been critical of him but I'm not a hater who intensionally wants to see him look bad (when he could become our next Jets QB). I'll be pulling for Ohio State and a hopefully monster game from Fields tonight. 

Rudy was offsides.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Rudy was offsides.

I mean, a good chunk of the movie was invented, so.

6 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Let’s see if Notre Dame can hang in here and it get blown out. I don’t know why they keep putting them in the playoffs every year just to get blown out by Alabama

Because they were one of the top 4 teams during the year. Alabama is the best team in the country and would blow out most teams. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Because they were one of the top 4 teams during the year. Alabama is the best team in the country and would blow out most teams. 

Top 4 team according to who? They played in the ACC 

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

DeVonta Smith and some other picks after trading back from 2 would not make me feel bad at all.

Could you imagine adding Smith, Etienne or Harris and a starting OL before the 2nd round ends and still having 2-3 picks left in tbe top 100?

Im pretty sure I could be an effective QB with those guys.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Nerding out; the combo of Mims and Smith would be erotic. They compliment each other beautifully. 

Yep, that's what I was thinking as well.  I think I could legit sign on with this today.  Especially if they added one of the top 2 RBs.  Would become one of the most skilled offenses this franchise has seen in a long time.  Would have speed for days as well.  Throw me a big bodied TE like a Ferguson or Kolar in the mid rounds and I'd be thrilled.  That would be the way to do it if not going the QB route 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

That’s very true, but at some point don’t you think Notre Dame has to show up in a big game.  They can’t keep getting embarrassed in big spots.  

Just now, sec101row23 said:

That’s very true, but at some point don’t you think Notre Dame has to show up in a big game.  They can’t keep getting embarrassed in big spots.  

As a Notre Dame fan I would love if they would. But they just aren’t on the same level as Bama, as many teams aren’t. I’m also not a fan of Brian Kelly. He never looks prepared in the big games. Also, the teams change a lot year to year, so the argument doesn’t particularly hold water.