1-1-2021: The Official NCAA College Football Game Thread (New Years Day Playoffs special)

1 minute ago, BroadwayRay said:

Two points:

1 - Jaguars are not going to pass on Lawrence. Not going to happen, so don’t even talk about it. 

2 - From a Jets perspective, this game changes everything. You cant pass on a guy who demonstrates this kind of talent, toughness and leadership. The laws of physics won’t allow it. 

3 - The next person who talks about trading the pick or picking a ******* tackle, I’m going to slap you in the face repeatedly. 

Regarding #1, if Fields plays like this against Alabama and even wins the national title against them, it's for sure going to be a discussion on the Jags part. That said, I agree, it'll likely still be TLaw going #1.

In which case, Jets get Fields at #2. Either way, Jets are in the drivers seat right now at least.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Lawrence =  Pennington

Fields =  Warren Moon

No brainer and I've been saying it all along just from watching the Highlight tapes. Now let's hope Jacksonville takes Trevor Lawrence

Why does Lawrence have to be compared to a white QB and Fields to a black QB? Stale as it gets. 

Just now, southparkcpa said:

Look at the stadium... 50 percent 14 jerseys.  NO ONE anoints earlier than us. 

I’ve learned the hard way with my Sanchez and favre jersey... I’ll stick with my Curtis jersey until someone forces me to purchase another.

• Upvote 3

The playoff is great. But the other bowls are a waste of time, unless they expand it it 8 or 12 teams to incorporate more of them. And having the Championship on next Monday night off a weekend of 6 NFL playoff games rather than Friday night makes no sense. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Why does Lawrence have to be compared to a white QB and Fields to a black QB? Stale as it gets. 

Funny that you're the only guy that sees it that way.

I was literally picking playing styles. But if you see a black guy and a white guy maybe you should wait before you press send? 

You're not too bright huh?

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Lith said:

how about his teammate, chris olave.  or if he somehow falls to the seattle pick, devonta smith.

I'd honestly put a 50% chance on the fact that if Fields is taken at #2 the Jets end up with at least one other OSU teammate of his.  Possibly Olave, but maybe even the Center Myers or the RB Sermon later.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

Something tells me if we were all watching the Northwestern or Indiana game this thread would look a lot different.

Fields has looked great but Darnold has hasn't exactly had wide open receivers streaking down the field with a clean pocket and plenty time to throw.  Oh and a legit threat out if backfield for the D to worry about.

Any way you slice it this is a great night for us but I'm still expecting the trade.

Lawrence is obviously very talented.  But does he have “it”?  Maybe he does. It’s the intangible.  The mental toughness.. Resilience

Fields showed tonight that has “it”.   Gutty performance.  Inspiring.

tonight is a good night for our Jets

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The playoff is great. But the other bowls are a waste of time, unless they expand it it 8 or 12 teams to incorporate more of them. And having the Championship on next Monday night off a weekend of 6 NFL playoff games rather than Friday night makes no sense. 

6 team playoff with top 2 getting a bye.

I will be uttering this 60 years from now on my death bed.

1 minute ago, Greg555 said:

Lawrence is obviously very talented.  But does he have “it”?  Maybe he does. It’s the intangible.  The mental toughness.. Resilience

Fields showed tonight that has “it”.   Gutty performance.  Inspiring.

tonight is a good night for our Jets

It’s an interesting question. He’s going to a team with very little talent and will be trailing often. Can’t replicate how someone responses to that until they are in it, obviously, clemson doesn’t offer that situation.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Something tells me if we were all watching the Northwestern or Indiana game this thread would look a lot different.

Fields has looked great but Darnold has hasn't exactly had wide open receivers streaking down the field with a clean pocket and plenty time to throw.  Oh and a legit threat out if backfield for the D to worry about.

Any way you slice it this is a great night for us but I'm still expecting the trade.

If JD believes Fields or even Zach Wilson is a franchise QB, they'll be the pick. 

• Upvote 1