1-1-2021: The Official NCAA College Football Game Thread (New Years Day Playoffs special)

I said it earlier, but if the Jets did wind up going with Fields, boy would that signal a changing of the guard... not just for obvious reasons, but we haven't had a guy like him as the face of the franchise before... We'd be officially stepping into contemporary NFL football. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

We all realize this is exactly what Darnold looks like when he’s under siege every week like this. We have so many needs I genuinely think if we trade down and end up with 3 1st rounders next year we will be able to pick a QB with one of those 3 that is at least the caliber of Fields. Mean time we can stock the **** out of this team with weapons in the draft and FA.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Easier said than done, though. There's no guarantee of next year's QB class also. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I said it earlier, but if the Jets did wind up going with Fields, boy would that signal a changing of the guard... not just for obvious reasons, but we haven't had a guy like him as the face of the franchise before... We'd be officially stepping into the contemporary NFL football. 

I agree, I think going fields or Wilson does this, and it’s much needed. Dual threat qb is where the Nfl is going. We need to get there.

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I said it earlier, but if the Jets did wind up going with Fields, boy would that signal a changing of the guard... not just for obvious reasons, but we haven't had a guy like him as the face of the franchise before... We'd be officially stepping into the contemporary NFL football. 

What does that even mean? A good QB lol?

Omg, Fields is beastly. I haven't watched a college game in forever, but I watched for Fields and he delivered. Made for today's NFL game. Natural effortless athlete, makes good decisions, great accuracy, cannon arm, threat to run if he needs to, and he's tough. Meanwhile TL looks very un-generational even bustlike if you will.

• Upvote 2