This Devonta Smith fellow!

1 minute ago, QB1 said:

Does smith have two reconstructed acls?

Is Smith going to take harder, more punishing hits while leaving his body on the line every snap while Wilson is going to be protected much more as a QB? Alright then. 

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Is Smith going to take harder, more punishing hits while leaving his body on the line every snap while Wilson is going to be protected much more as a QB? Alright then. 

Smith hasn’t proven to be fragile by having two torn shoulders. Apples and Oranges. If Wilson didn’t have a SERIOUS injury history I and others would have less of a concern. 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

what punishing hits?

today a defender just look at a receiver and he gets a penalty 

1 hour ago, QB1 said:

No chance in hell 

Theres at least some chance....  His frame doesn't scare me, but may tip the scales in favor of Chase,, Bateman or whomever. Kyle Pitts will also get looks.. Also have to factor in that a handful of teams took WRs in the 1st round last year, and early 2nd - and likely not in the mix.

So maybe.... JUST maybe..... 

17 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Smith hasn’t proven to be fragile by having two torn shoulders. Apples and Oranges. If Wilson didn’t have a SERIOUS injury history I and others would have less of a concern. 

You should have less of a concern watching him play better after the injuries. Your concerns are valid. I just think a lot of you guys make it out to be more of a issue than it really is. I think it happens often when we get into the overthinking part of analyzing future draftees.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You should have less of a concern watching him play better after the injuries. Your concerns are valid. I just think a lot of you guys make it out to be more of a issue than it really is. I think it happens often when we get into the overthinking part of analyzing future draftees.

Look at his stats last year, the excuse was that he was hampered by injuries. 

1 minute ago, genot said:

Marvin Harrison 

Perfect comparison, really.

From the body type to him being a savant at all of the little nuances of the position.

If we end up trading down into that 5-12 range, it has to be either Smith or Pitts.

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Perfect comparison, really.

From the body type to him being a savant at all of the little nuances of the position.

If we end up trading down into that 5-12 range, it has to be either Smith or Pitts.

I think Smith is our guy. Doubt Robinson or Godwin will ever hit FA. Would love Smith and Golliday next year. Golliday might shake free from Detroit. I loved what i saw fron Herndon his rookie year. Have to believe the Gase offense took him out of the passing attack.

1 hour ago, genot said:

I think Smith is our guy. Doubt Robinson or Godwin will ever hit FA. Would love Smith and Golliday next year. Golliday might shake free from Detroit. I loved what i saw fron Herndon his rookie year. Have to believe the Gase offense took him out of the passing attack.

Herndon's stupidity and stone cold hands did that.

4 minutes ago, Newjetsfan said:

Herndon's stupidity and stone cold hands did that.

I know where your coming from. If he had 80 catches this year you'd still find a reason to bash him. Same thing with Anderson. Gets in trouble with the law. Lets get rid of him. He's a one trick pony.

3 minutes ago, genot said:

I know where your coming from. If he had 80 catches this year you'd still find a reason to bash him. Same thing with Anderson. Gets in trouble with the law. Lets get rid of him. He's a one trick pony.

I wasn't  on Anderson bashing wagon...and I am not on the Darnold bashing side either...but Herndon, who had few decent game of late, have not displayed much to claim that he could be close to 80 catch kinda guy.  If he was Jets would be in much much better record.

2 minutes ago, Newjetsfan said:

I wasn't  on Anderson bashing wagon...and I am not on the Darnold bashing side either...but Herndon, who had few decent game of late, have not displayed much to claim that he could be close to 80 catch kinda guy.  If he was Jets would be in much much better record.

Gase doesn't use tight ends in his offense. Didn't in Miami either. One of the reasons why all his teams offenses we're at the bottom of the league.

5 minutes ago, genot said:

Gase doesn't use tight ends in his offense. Didn't in Miami either. One of the reasons why all his teams offenses we're at the bottom of the league.

That's  a good point as well.  Gase starts the game with a plan and if something doesn't go well he becomes very conservative and predictable.   And he doesn't use TEs well but I also think Gase goes through mistrusting all or a part of offense ...such as wr group to oline, qb...etc. *except 80yr old running back.  

4 minutes ago, Newjetsfan said:

That's  a good point as well.  Gase starts the game with a plan and if something doesn't go well he becomes very conservative and predictable.   And he doesn't use TEs well but I also think Gase goes through mistrusting all or a part of offense ...such as wr group to oline, qb...etc. *except 80yr old running back.  

For sure. Look at Gisecki with the fins. Twenty two catches as a rookie with Gase. Over 50 the next year when Gase came here.We have all these young backs. And the old man got most of the work this year. .

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, QB1 said:

Djax/ Hollywood brown are smaller than smith

Randy moss was rail thin too 

Jackson and Brown were rockets.  I don't see Smith as being that fast.  Moss was .  probably at least 3 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier coming out and another rocket.  Harrison is the guy I feel he physically resembles, but Harrision was also probably much faster.  I will be interested what Smith runs.  

• Upvote 1