Zach Wilson Declares for Draft.

Lith

10 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Fields played really well. I still take Wilson.

Why? Who has wilson played? What was his best game? 

Hes a 1 year wonder who beat up on North Alabama, western Kentucky and Navy. The best team he played was coastal Carolina and lost.  Last year he was not good at all. (11 td 9 int)

He also had the 2nd best offensive line in all of college football. He literally never threw the ball under pressure. Watch any games or highlights u want. The defensive line is never even close to touching him. He has all day back there.

Fields has been an elite prospect for 2 years now, while playing against some of the best college football teams.

What makes wilson better in your opinion?

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Why? Who has wilson played? What was his best game? 

Hes a 1 year wonder who beat up on North Alabama, western Kentucky and Navy. The best team he played was coastal Carolina and lost.  Last year he was not good at all. (11 td 9 int)

He also had the 2nd best offensive line in all of college football. He literally never threw the ball under pressure. Watch any games or highlights u want. The defensive line is never even close to touching him. He has all day back there.

Fields has been an elite prospect for 2 years now, while playing against some of the best college football teams.

What makes wilson better in your opinion?

Lots of things:

1. He has a faster release and a bigger arm than either Fields or TL. (obviously Fields arm is big enough)

2. He is more accurate. Fields made some AWESOME long throws tonight but if you watch Wilson he does it all the time

3. Wilson is very good under center. Fields has no experience at it. This is huge for a NFL QB

4. The competition thing is WAY overblown. It is the reason that Mahomes dropped and a good part of why Russell Wilson dropped.

5. You just need to watch him and see that he throws perfect passes, consistently. Yes a lot of them are to wide open guys but he hits them with perfect location. And when he needs to fit it into a tight spot he does them effortlessly

6. He has an amazing football IQ. He will be incredible in the in the interview and white board process

7. He has great pocket presence and awareness. He makes decisions much faster than both TL and Fields.

My recommendation is just watch full game tapes of Wilson. Each one looks like a cherry picked highlight reel.

Hopefully Fields is as good as he showed tonight, there is a good chance we pick him. 

Bigger question to me is has Lawrence finally hurt has draft stock. He has been pretty average in his last 3 big games.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Lots of things:

1. He has a faster release and a bigger arm than either Fields or TL. (obviously Fields arm is big enough)

2. He is more accurate. Fields made some AWESOME long throws tonight but if you watch Wilson he does it all the time

3. Wilson is very good under center. Fields has no experience at it. This is huge for a NFL QB

4. The competition thing is WAY overblown. It is the reason that Mahomes dropped and a good part of why Russell Wilson dropped.

5. You just need to watch him and see that he throws perfect passes, consistently. Yes a lot of them are to wide open guys but he hits them with perfect location. And when he needs to fit it into a tight spot he does them effortlessly

6. He has an amazing football IQ. He will be incredible in the in the interview and white board process

7. He has great pocket presence and awareness. He makes decisions much faster than both TL and Fields.

My recommendation is just watch full game tapes of Wilson. Each one looks like a cherry picked highlight reel.

Hopefully Fields is as good as he showed tonight, there is a good chance we pick him. 

Bigger question to me is has Lawrence finally hurt has draft stock. He has been pretty average in his last 3 big games.

Thanks! Well thought out response. Didn't think I'd get 1 tbh haha.  I've watched about 4 of his games and I'm just not impressed.

Having only 1 good season scares me more than anything. he wasn't good his first 2 years.

The competition is definitely a factor imo. Mahomes dropped because he played in the air raid not because of the competition he faced. Texas tech played good teams like Oklahoma, Arizona, TCU, WVU etc.

Wilson has played nobody with one of the best olines in the game. He was never under pressure. Half his games look like flag football. It looks like there not even rushing the passer. Thats more concerning to me than not having a lot of experience under center. I know what fields looks like when he's under fire.

I don't no. He gives me mitch trubisky vibes. I hope he does well if the Jets draft him. But I want Fields. I believe he's been the consensus #2 for 2 years now. This game just confirms it.

31 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Lots of things:

Wilson played in the big 10 and mahomes played in a major conference as well. He has one good season to his name and fittingly because of Covid perhaps it also included no ranked opponents. 

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Trade fools gold pick at 2 ... pick wilson up at 6.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

I have to admit it would be pretty amazing to trade back one spot and grab another high pick (a 2nd) and still get Fields or Wilson. You can then pick at the end of the 1st, and two early 2nd round picks. That would be unreal, although I'm not sure you pass on Fields. He showed real competitive fire, skill, accuracy and smarts out there. Not only that, he did it under immense pressure AND after getting laid out on a dirty hit. He threw for I believe 4 TD passes AFTER the shot to his ribs which he admitted was very painful. The guy is a warrior and we should be ecstatic to have him. It's not a knock on Wilson, it's just you now have seen Fields perform on a huge stage with the pressure in the world on him, while injured, and play a historic game.