Drafting a RB early in 2021?

jetstream23

Running backs?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which RB do you prefer of these two?

• Travis Etienne
    • Najee Harris
  2. 2. What is the highest pick you'd use on your preferred RB?

• #2 overall
    • Late 1st Round pick (from Seattle, likely in the late 20's)
    • 2nd Round (#34)
    • 3rd Round (#66)
    • 3rd Round (from Seattle, likely in the low 90's)
    • 4th Round or later
    • I don't want to draft either of those RBs
  3. 3. If neither of those top 2 RBs are available or drafted by the Jets what should be the RB approach for the Jets in 2021?

• Sign a high-end RB to a large deal or trade for one, landing a Top 10-15 type RB in free agency
    • Sign a quality veteran that doesn't break the bank (No Le'Veon Bell type deal, think a Breshad Perriman type at RB) to add to the RB committee
    • Draft a mid/late round RB to add to the committee
    • Roll with Perine, Ty Johnson, Josh Adams

Running back fits completely depend on the coaching staff. I’m in favor of a cheap spend and/or mid round picks at the position for now. Frankly prefer the and scenario. I think Perine is the only lock to be back on the roster next year.

Edwards or Lindsay should be cheap in FA - maybe $3-5M a year over 1-3 years? Won’t ruin a team’s salary cap with that. Melvin Gordon got 2/$16 on the open market. Add one of those two depending on who fits the new offense and draft a guy.

Team should be more competitive in a couple years and that’s the window I think you might want to spend a premium pick on a back. Not this year.

Worst case the back busts. Best case, he’s good and you have to make a decision about extending a guy at the most short-term position in the sport while taking the cap hit of extending your new franchise QB.

On 1/2/2021 at 5:33 AM, #27TheDominator said:

Ty Johnson and Adams seemed like the Jets best backs.  I don't see why we have to go all out to replace Gore and Bell.  Addition by subtraction.  If value is there fine, but taking a back high doesn't seem a priority to me.  For me high is first or second day.

They’re fine and looked fast because Gore and Bell both couldn’t break a 5.0 40 at this point

However, an excellent receiver out of the backfield like Etienne will help our next QB or Sam invaluably