TL is the #1 guy? Really?

Why? None of what I heard about him was not on display tonight. I understand I only watched one game of college for either QB, but Fields looks studly whereas TL looks like a tall goofy guy with little pocket presence. One game doesn't make a career, but I'm far less upset about being at @2 if the JAGs draft TL @1 and Fields is there for the taking. Sign me up for Sermen and that 6'6 Te too. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

Agreed, but Lawrence had an incredible college career, and one could argue that he didn’t have his play caller for the game and that his line played terribly for him. 
He is still going number one in my opinion. But there should be questions about how he responds to a bad line and a bad team. He hasn’t gotten much scrutiny, but that would be my concern as an NFL team. Fields answered the bell tonight. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Last three college playoff games for Clemson and Lawrence.  Games where the talent levels are actually close team wise.

Clemson 29 Ohio State 23

LSU 42 Clemson 25

Ohio State 49 - Clemson 28

Lawrence was not impressive in any of these games.

Agree. I actually find him very similar to Darnold to be honest. Fields played well but he will struggle too. I still pick Wilson he has a NFL game. Ihave watched probably 10 Trevor Lawrence games at this point and never came away all that impressed.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, HtownJet said:

Fields is the better QB. I think his skill set and talents are better suited for the NFL. He is a bigger Russel Wilson and I see some Mahomes in him too.

Absolutely correct! Fields face looks kinda round and squashy like Mahomes. He kinda throws like Mahomes and kinda runs like Wilson. He is a hybrid. I fukin want this guy more than Trevor. I just hope the Jags dont feel the same way.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Every good player has a bad game. TL is so good that his bad game was still impressive compare to the bad games of his peers.

He's not generational at all, however he is a dam stud. Fields had his bad game vs Northwestern and that performance wasn't competitive at all but that doesn't mean or less of a player, just a good player who had a bad game.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Grandy said:

I still doubt that Jacksonville would take a player not named Lawrence, but depending on how Fields plays against Bama ya never know.

There's a rumor Urban Meyer could wind up being the Jags head coach.  He recruited Fields to OSU.  It would be a factor for sure.  It all depends on who their GM and HC are.  We win either way.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Lawrence was less than impressive tonight.

But on a "bad night" where he was under siege,  he was 33 of 48 for 400 yards and 2 TDs (1 FL  and 1 INT)

So deceptive, it was almost all YAC from superior talent. I was really unimpressed. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I'd take whichever guy is left.

Me too. We needed this performance from Fields. Neither guys is a slam dunk top 5 QB in the NFL but both have the potential to be. 

I think TL rough night had more to do with how damn good Ohio State is. And Dabo got him absolutely pummeled with all those QB runs and poor protections.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Don't think Meyer did, he "retired" before Fields went to OSU

The article said he helped recruit him.  Could be wrong.  Day, Meyer's protege, had the relationship with Fields.  But Meyer has been pretty up front about how he feels about Fields.

19 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Every good player has a bad game. TL is so good that his bad game was still impressive compare to the bad games of his peers.

He's not generational at all, however he is a dam stud. Fields had his bad game vs Northwestern and that performance wasn't competitive at all but that doesn't mean or less of a player, just a good player who had a bad game.

Fields looked bad without his top playmaker and 4/5ths of his starting o-line out on covid protocol. Trevor looked bad today because he was finally facing competition beyond the scope of VT and Syracuse. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

54 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Why? Non of what I heard about him was not on display tonight. I understand I only watched one game of college for either QB, but Fields looks studly whereas TL looks like a tall goofy guy with little pocket presence. One game doesn't make a career, but I'm far less upset about being at @2 if the JAGs draft TL @1 and Fields is there for the taking. Sign me up for Sermen and that 6'6 Te too. 

Watch more games. :) 

13 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I can't wait until Fields plays against Bama, has a bad game and everyone here is suddenly convinced we should take a safety at #2.

exactly. Fields did the best thing he could for his stock tonight for sure. No Doubt. But 6 hours ago it was a dfferent story. And it will be the exact opposite if he plays poorly against bama. Now, if he pulls out another one like tonight?  It's gonna be really interesting leading up to the combine. 

• Upvote 1