Jump to content

TL is the #1 guy? Really?


Embrace the Suck
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

Saw the int but was a little distracted with my kids. Thought it was tipped. He was under pressure and made a very bad throw even if it was tipped.

He was throwing the ball away, it was tipped and floated up and intercepted.  Cant be called a bad play, was a unlucky play that cost them a score.

Happens. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, johnnysd said:

So deceptive, it was almost all YAC from superior talent. I was really unimpressed. 

The more I watch him the more I think he could be fools gold, it may be he’s still a great prospect who will translate seamlessly to the NFL, the simplified offense is perhaps masking his wider ability, but when I watch him I just see sloppy footwork, no snaps under Center, no dropping back and going through progressions, 90% RPO and a lot of heaves downfield to wide open Thorobreds like Tee Higgins, Justin Ross and all the other future pro bowlers he has to throw to.
It will be absolutely hilarious around here if the Jags don’t take him at No 1 overall!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fields showed how tough and resilient he is last night. Also, many of his throws were over 20 yds and on the money.

TL is very impressive...with superior arm talent.  However, I’d like to see a game where he showed what Fields put on display last night.  
 

Can someone point me to such a game?  

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we have to root for OSU next week against Bama and hope that Fields has another great game.  Highly doubt the Jags will consider taking Fields over Trevor but we could probably at least get a lot in a trade down (should we go that route).  Basically I think it'll give us more leverage with that pick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think we have to root for OSU next week against Bama and hope that Fields has another great game.  Highly doubt the Jags will consider taking Fields over Trevor but we could probably at least get a lot in a trade down (should we go that route).  Basically I think it'll give us more leverage with that pick.

I am rooting for Fields to put up big numbers. Jax couldn’t dumb enough to take him, or we get trade down value.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Every good player has a bad game. TL is so good that his bad game was still impressive compare to the bad games of his peers.

He's not generational at all, however he is a dam stud. Fields had his bad game vs Northwestern and that performance wasn't competitive at all but that doesn't mean or less of a player, just a good player who had a bad game.

The thing that sticks out is TL has performed poorly on the big stage in college and so far Fields has performed well. I wasn't  a fan of Fields, but I came away from this game impressed. That TD after the LB speared him was the stuff you see in movies. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Still, please no fields.  

For the record, I'm not a huge fan of Fields either.  I mean, he definitely has a lot of talent but that doesn't necessarily mean we should invest the #2 overall pick on the guy (especially with our track record of coaching hires).  We saw him play a great game yesterday but, as someone else said, I think this is recency bias.  (He didn't look so great against Northwestern) . It will be interesting though if he plays great again next week though.  That would really set this forum on fire.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The thing that sticks out is TL has performed poorly on the big stage in college and so far Fields has performed well. I wasn't  a fan of Fields, but I came away from this game impressed. That TD after the LB speared him was the stuff you see in movies. 

He definitely played great last night but there are plenty of examples of QBs who played great in bowl games that stunk in the pros.  Browning Nagle certainly comes to mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The value of the #2 pick went up sharply last night. A big win for the Jets no question. JD will have some interesting options that’s for sure. I’m really curious what the Jets could get to move to the 4-8 range. After last night it could be a major haul, possibly the best option.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

For the record, I'm not a huge fan of Fields either.  I mean, he definitely has a lot of talent but that doesn't necessarily mean we should invest the #2 overall pick on the guy (especially with our track record of coaching hires).  We saw him play a great game yesterday but, as someone else said, I think this is recency bias.  (He didn't look so great against Northwestern) . It will be interesting though if he plays great again next week though.  That would really set this forum on fire.

Way to contradict yourself, the majority of his games in his college career were like tonight and Nothwesten wasn’t him period.
 

Oh and the golden boy football Jesus wet the bed in his last 3 big games 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Way to contradict yourself, the majority of his games in his college career were like tonight and Nothwesten wasn’t him period.
 

Oh and the golden boy football Jesus wet the bed in his last 3 big games 👍

If he played a bad game last night do you think everyone would be as high on him as they are today?  And if he plays badly against Bama, same question.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Way to contradict yourself, the majority of his games in his college career were like tonight and Nothwesten wasn’t him period.
 

Oh and the golden boy football Jesus wet the bed in his last 3 big games 👍

lol - lets ignore the epic historic heroic baller ass game he just had and focus on the one that he played with a hurt thumb and down 22 players because the one outlier of his entire career is the one that matters.  Oh and it's cool that Hackenrence has now looked terrible in 3 straight games vs. equal competition and been out played by Fields, twice.

This place, man and we got how many months of this?

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, JiF said:

If I could run naked through the streets of JN, I would.  That's how liberating last night was watching Hackenrence sh*t the bed again, while my boy Fields out played him, again.

 

neither guy was very impressive. Lawrence def showed issues with pocket presence, and the fumbles were alarming. Fields will need to be more accurate in the NFL and do a better job with finding open guys....his arm and long ball accuracy stood out on the big throws to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JiF said:

lol - lets ignore the epic historic heroic baller ass game he just had and focus on the one that he played with a hurt thumb and down 22 players because the one outlier of his entire career is the one that matters.  Oh and it's cool that Hackenrence has now looked terrible in 3 straight games vs. equal competition and been out played by Fields, twice.

This place, man and we got how many months of this?

If that's not your thing then you should avoid this forum until after the draft. 

Also, what if Fields looks mediocre against Bama?  Are you still going to point to yesterday's game or are you going to suddenly feel that he's not what he's cracked up to be?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

lol - lets ignore the epic historic heroic baller ass game he just had and focus on the one that he played with a hurt thumb and down 22 players because the one outlier of his entire career is the one that matters.  Oh and it's cool that Hackenrence has now looked terrible in 3 straight games vs. equal competition and been out played by Fields, twice.

This place, man and we got how many months of this?

 

 

which guys do u think he threw to? there are a ton of examples like this from last night. lets not pretend he killed it.

 

justin_fields1.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, k-met57 said:

neither guy was very impressive. Lawrence def showed issues with pocket presence, and the fumbles were alarming. Fields will need to be more accurate in the NFL and do a better job with finding open guys....his arm and long ball accuracy stood out on the big throws to me.

Justin Fields wasnt impressive last night?  

I cant even with this place sometimes...

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If that's not your thing then you should avoid this forum until after the draft. 

Also, what if Fields looks mediocre against Bama?  Are you still going to point to yesterday's game or are you going to suddenly feel that he's not what he's cracked up to be?

That's not how this works and I've been saying that for weeks.

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Uhh, yeah that's the point I was making.  SMH.

Dont talk to me like this, I'm the guy that's been telling you since Sept. that Trevor Lawrence is not generational and the gap between him and Fields is minuscule. 

There should be a million threads on this board apologizing to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...