TL is the #1 guy? Really?

3 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

which guys do u think he threw to? there are a ton of examples like this from last night. lets not pretend he killed it.

justin_fields1.jpg

OMG, this was a TD throw.  I understand the TE had to lift his hands to catch the pass, which is on Fields but yeah, shame.  He played terrible. 

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

That's not how this works and I've been saying that for weeks.

Dont talk to me like this, I'm the guy that's been telling you since Sept. that Trevor Lawrence is not generational and the gap between him and Fields is minuscule. 

There should be a million threads on this board apologizing to me.

If you've been all over Fields through thick and thin then I'll give you credit for staying consistent.  I'm sure you would at least agree, though, that there are plenty of people on here who are "reactionary" (and will be to the negative side if Fields plays crappy against Bama).

But who do you think should be apologizing to you?  Neither TL or JF have played an NFL down yet.  It's a bit early to be taking a "victory lap", no?

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

lol - lets ignore the epic historic heroic baller ass game he just had and focus on the one that he played with a hurt thumb and down 22 players because the one outlier of his entire career is the one that matters.  Oh and it's cool that Hackenrence has now looked terrible in 3 straight games vs. equal competition and been out played by Fields, twice.

This place, man and we got how many months of this?

Clear and obvious double standards that literally have me at home shaking my head  

• Upvote 1

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

If you've been all over Fields through thick and thin then I'll give you credit for staying consistent.  I'm sure you would at least agree that there are plenty of people on here who are "reactionary" (and will be to the negative side if Fields plays crappy against Bama).

But who do you think should be apologizing to you?  Neither TL or JF have played an NFL down yet.  It's a bit early to be taking a "victory lap", no?

Im the one screaming at you fools that scouting world isnt a bunch of week to week reactionary analysts.  That's not how it work's.  It's about the prospect, their overall body of work and not the outcome of 1 particular game.  Nothing changes that for me.  Not even a bad game against Bama, which he wont have because he's a straight baller.

• Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If he played a bad game last night do you think everyone would be as high on him as they are today?  And if he plays badly against Bama, same question.  

Where is that energy for the QB that wet the bed in his last 3 big games? Why is there a clear and obvious double standard? 

Smfh some people here man ??

1 minute ago, JiF said:

OMG, this was a TD throw.  I understand the TE had to lift his hands to catch the pass, which is on Fields but yeah, shame.  He played terrible. 

yeah sorry maybe we are watching for different reasons....i am watching for throws that translate to the NFL. in the NFL, u have to make throws to open receivers in the red zone not into coverage. Show me 3 throws he made where he hit a receive in stride...ill wait.

How about that 3rd down throw to Sermon (i think it was 3rd and four with like 10 min left)? that was a huge spot with clemson possibly mounting a comeback and he throws into double coverage to a RB?

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

I was just shown a still of an absolutely beautiful TD pass to prove that he misses open WR's. 

i mean...

are you serious? you think that goes to an NFL scout and they consider this a great play? throwing into coverage with wide open receivers running around?

58 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Watch the game. He was not accurate on simple throws with a clean pocket. He routinely threw into coverage instead of taking throws to open receivers.

That sh*t won’t work in the nfl.

Interesting take...that Fields actually did not have a good game last night.  He was not impressive.

Because if I didn’t see the game...and just took your quote as gospel...I would think he was pretty bad.

I’ll be curious to read and hear what insiders and pro evaluators thought about his performance...  

maybe you are right.  I’m open minded on it...not being an expert in the least.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, k-met57 said:

yeah sorry maybe we are watching for different reasons....i am watching for throws that translate to the NFL. in the NFL, u have to make throws to open receivers in the red zone not into coverage. Show me 3 throws he made where he hit a receive in stride...ill wait.

How about that 3rd down throw to Sermon (i think it was 3rd and four with like 10 min left)? that was a huge spot with clemson possibly mounting a comeback and he throws into double coverage to a RB?

I'm sorry that Justin Fields during an evening when he threw for as many TD's as incompletions and beat the mighty Clemson Tigers in a historic performance, wasnt absolutely perfect in every single moment on every single play.  I know that is expected of the JN analysts and most QB's in this world are perfect on every play.

Bro, what are we doing here?  He didnt hit anyone in stride?  Bud, Im' not trying to be a dick but you're dropping some of the dumbest sh*t I've ever read.  ❤️ 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

are you serious? you think that goes to an NFL scout and they consider this a great play? throwing into coverage with wide open receivers running around?

Hey man, respect but I'm not doing this with you.  lol  You're making me dumb.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, JiF said:

I'm sorry that Justin Fields during an evening when he threw for as many TD's as incompletions and beat the mighty Clemson Tigers in a historic performance, wasnt absolutely perfect in every single moment on every single play.  I know that is expected of the JN analysts and most QB's in this world are perfect on every play.

Bro, what are we doing here?  He didnt hit anyone in stride?  Bud, Im' not trying to be a dick but you're dropping some of the dumbest sh*t I've ever read.  ❤️ 

i really wish i could watch these throws at face value like you. unfortunately ive seen too many young QB's get swallowed up by the NFL making the same exact throws. i acknowledge that just fields had a great college game last night...but thats about it. if you decide you want to evaluate his play in regards to how it translated to the NFL...we can pick this up. enjoy running naked through the streets :)

• WTF? 1

7 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I can't wait until Fields plays against Bama, has a bad game and everyone here is suddenly convinced we should take a safety at #2.

Well I've been for the trade down the whole time so I was never taking a safety lol... Neither of these guys are worth a 1 or a 2. These guys have teams around them that enhance their play. I don't like TL's throwing motion, and I've seen that more than a few times. I'd be more inclined to take Fields if it were just up to those 2, however it's not, so while we need a TEAM, it's safe to say that the more picks we have, the more chance that JD can land what we need before the need to have a QB that won't be worth 10-12 wins the 1st year on this team. If he sits, another story, but you know how this crowd goes... Why isn't so and so playing lol...

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

We've been tip toeing the line and I thought last night would bring this place back to reality but somehow someway, I woke up to this place just breaking through the walls of bizarro world takes.  You all amaze me.

I don’t really understand it myself. Big games matter, but it’s not the end all be all for judging a qb prospect, it’s about the body of work. Fields has great mechanics, great athleticism, toughness, accuracy, and a good arm. All of that was on display last night but was also on display his whole career. He also was a top flight HS recruit. 

5 minutes ago, Greg555 said:

Interesting take...that Fields actually did not have a good game last night.  He was not impressive.

Because if I didn’t see the game...and just took your quote as gospel...I would think he was pretty bad.

I’ll be curious to read and hear what insiders and pro evaluators thought about his performance...  

maybe you are right.  I’m open minded on it...not being an expert in the least.

i thought he was very tough, i liked his long ball accuracy, and his arm strength stood out. his short and medium throw accuracy and decision making was not great. i cant even express how quickly he would get killed by jets fans for making those types of throws and missing on them.

I’ve been on the Wilson bandwagon, as he looks like his arm strength is effortless and naturally impressive.

But Fields just whipped it out and slammed it on the table for everyone to see tonight. There’s no denying or overstating how impressive tonight was.

Lawrence on the other hand showed (what few critics) have been saying. He does a lot of check down stuffs for elite playmakers to run with, and has questionable pocket presence. He’s still going 1, and will probably be really good...but maybe not the slam dunk everyone said?...

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’ve been on the Wilson bandwagon, as he looks like his arm strength is effortless and naturally impressive.

But Fields just whipped it out and slammed it on the table for everyone to see tonight. There’s no denying or overstating how impressive tonight was.

Lawrence on the other hand showed (what few critics) have been saying. He does a lot of check down stuffs for elite playmakers to run with, and has questionable pocket presence. He’s still going 1, and will probably be really good...but maybe not the slam dunk everyone said?...

More than anything, i think last night’s game’s conclusions are:

1) Lawrence is not so much better than top prospects in other years;

2) fields will be the 2nd pick in the draft;

3) the trade value of the 2nd pick just increased considerably;

4) if the dolphins are picking 3rd and the jets trade back to 4th, douglas could get some nice extra picks to go back 2 spots and still probably get Wilson.

8 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Every good player has a bad game. TL is so good that his bad game was still impressive compare to the bad games of his peers.

He's not generational at all, however he is a dam stud. Fields had his bad game vs Northwestern and that performance wasn't competitive at all but that doesn't mean or less of a player, just a good player who had a bad game.

i don't know if was lawrence that had the bad game as much as the team around him.  he was pressured continually and the run game didn't do much either.  fields had a good run game and a pretty clean pocket. he did make some really nice deep throws.

i don't think either guy can be gaged on this one game.

• Upvote 1

Very interesting to read the view of a few fans here...who believe that from the point of view of “translating to the NFL”...Fields was actually unimpressive last night.  That he had a very good college game..but actually a pretty poor game... from an NFL evaluator’s perspective.

We can assume then ..that a review of his performance by insiders...pro evaluators...etc...will mirror that view..for the most part.  That Field’s performance was actually alarming...by several measures.  

We’ll find out.   

39 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i really wish i could watch these throws at face value like you. unfortunately ive seen too many young QB's get swallowed up by the NFL making the same exact throws. i acknowledge that just fields had a great college game last night...but thats about it. if you decide you want to evaluate his play in regards to how it translated to the NFL...we can pick this up. enjoy running naked through the streets :)

I'm sorry that I'm not interested in breaking down a TD pass in which JF recognized 1 on 1 coverage of 5'9 corner vs. 6'6 TE and put the ball so damn perfect that he even surprised his TE as an example of how he's really not good and actually a poor decision maker which will not translate to the NFL because he didnt throw to a crossing route being run short of the goalline on 3rd down instead of recognizing a mismatch and throwing a TD pass.

lmfao

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I'm sorry that I'm not interested in breaking down a TD pass in which JF recognized 1 on 1 coverage of 5'9 corner vs. 6'6 TE and put the ball so damn perfect that he even surprised his TE as an example of how he's really not good and actually a poor decision maker which will not translate to the NFL because he didnt throw to a cross routing being run short of the goalline on 3rd down instead of recognizing a mismatch and throwing a TD pass.

lmfao

Plus he clearly loves throwing to his TE who can box out those smaller dbs. Trust factor.

36 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I don’t really understand it myself. Big games matter, but it’s not the end all be all for judging a qb prospect, it’s about the body of work. Fields has great mechanics, great athleticism, toughness, accuracy, and a good arm. All of that was on display last night but was also on display his whole career. He also was a top flight HS recruit. 

He's an all world athlete with an Ivey League brain wrapped up into a QB.

We can analyze his TD's passes that were actually bad decisions and where he should gone with the ball instead all we want but that's the stuff you cant teach and what if anyone is paying attention to in the NFL right now, his style of play is the future.

2 hours ago, BrickTamland said:

Elaborate. Please 

Everything about him is off. Pocket presence, internal clock, mechanics. He’s a mess.

He has some physical ability but that’s it. His play isn’t going to translate. Even some of his highlights yesterday are sure fire picks in the NFL. The difference between him and Lawrence yesterday were the teams around. Fields had all day to throw to wide open guys. The Ohio State system is designed to make is very easy.

He’s a disaster waiting to happen, so of course the Jets will draft him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

He's an all world athlete with an Ivey League brain wrapped up into a QB.

We can analyze his TD's passes that were actually bad decisions and where he should gone with the ball instead all we want but that's the stuff you cant teach and what if anyone is paying attention to in the NFL right now, his style of play is the future.

where do you get the ivy league brain part?

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

Everything about him is off. Pocket presence, internal clock, mechanics. He’s a mess.

He has some physical ability but that’s it. His play isn’t going to translate. Even some of his highlights yesterday are sure fire picks in the NFL. The difference between him and Lawrence yesterday were the teams around. Fields had all day to throw to wide open guys. The Ohio State system is designed to make is very easy.

actually i think douglas is salivating about trading back now.  atlanta, carolina or denver is going to give him the haul he desires.

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Plus he clearly loves throwing to his TE who can box out those smaller dbs. Trust factor.

Yes, great presnap recognition of the mismatch and then the execution with the timing, anticipation and accuracy on the throw was beautiful or we could focus on the crossing route being run short of the goalline (FYI, it was a clear out route to get the 1on1 coverage JF recognized) to show how he's actually not good and makes bad decisions because that's fun!

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

lmfao.  He's a mess.

This is good.

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

The thing that sticks out is TL has performed poorly on the big stage in college and so far Fields has performed well. I wasn't  a fan of Fields, but I came away from this game impressed. That TD after the LB speared him was the stuff you see in movies. 

He won a championship as a frosh. How many QBs have won 2 or more national titles?

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Justin Fields wasnt impressive last night?  

I cant even with this place sometimes...

He is in the tank for Darnold. No one will impress him.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Thank you. I saw the same.