Now That Adam Gase Is Staying, Who Should Our OC and DC be in 2021?

SAR I

until it's done it's not done.  imo gase will be dismissed as soon as monday.  but there are some compelling reasons to think he may be coming back.  sar outlined them pretty logically so there's no point in rehashing them.  it's just too easy to blame the head coach for a team's failures when they actually stem from a lack of talent in key places.  sure it's easy to say darnold has regressed but at the same time the whole offense was regressed because of the lack of good practice time, new faces, and injuries.  i know we can't use the practice time as much of an excuse but the injuries and faces change was largely out of the coach's hands.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'm curious to see how SAR will handle this once Gase is fired.

Bill Hader Reaction GIF

He'll do what he Always does,  when he's proven wrong (1-5 Gets us 10-6!!, We're winning the AFC East this year!!), he'll disappear for a couple of months, and obfuscate and lie about "what he meant", ignore that he ever said (insert absurd position here), and then lather, rinse, repeat with some new absurdity.  

Its blatant trolling, but it generates content and threads,  so its tolerated by Max and Co. 

He makes the board worse than it needs to be. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You're down to your last couple of days of this.  I appreciate that you're milking every last joke out of it!

Jokes are supposed to be funny. He a sad clown with makeup running down his face from his tears. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

There is enough proof of Gase staying to call it. 

He didn't say a word as Douglas dismantled the team he went 9-7 with. (All in preparation for Gase to be let go and bring in a new HC).

He didn't say a word as Douglas continued this with Adams, Bell, and McLendon being moved. (Same as above, with draft picks to attract new HC's).

The Jets know that the rash of injuries and the Douglas fire sale killed any chance of Gase having a successful 2020. (Just a lame Gase excuse).

He wasn't fired at 0-8.  (When have you ever known the Johnson's to fire a HC in the middle of a season) SAME response for all the entries below).

He wasn't fired when the fans were out for blood at 0-10.

He wasn't fired when Manish proclaimed he was about to be.

When the devastating loss vs. Las Vegas happened, Gregg Williams was fired instead.

When Tweets broke saying Gase was being replaced, the Jets said nothing.

When Carton broke saying Gase was being replaced, the Jets said nothing.

If the Jets wanted to tank for Trevor they would have shown Gase the door a month ago.

The actions of the Jets indicate Gase is staying. 

SAR I

Aerosmith had this wonderful song called "Dream On"

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

It's been months of weak speculation about who the new HC will be and no talk on what happens when Gase is retained as HC and the team has to hire both a new OC and DC.

Any thoughts on the type of talent out there at the coordinator level for both jobs that would suit our personnel?

SAR I

billy, horror, and puppet image
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Gase has already moved off himself as playcaller.  He will most certainly bring someone qualified in next year to do the job, no different than how Belichick has McDaniels, Flores has Gailey, and McDermott has Daboll.  Gase is a good HC.  He needs a good OC.

SAR I

You lost me here.

Gase stopped calling plays for 1 game.  His ego won't allow him to be the CEO you want.   

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Not at all.  He's not going anywhere.  If you read the signs, they're all there to see.

When Gase is retained, who do you think some strong OC and DC candidates will be?

SAR I

Anyone capable of tying up Gase and stuffing him in a locker from July through January.

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Gase isn't going anywhere.  The same social media clickbaiters Tweeting what is a very obvious opinion shouldn't sway you from the fact that the actions of the Jets themselves point to the fact that he's being retained. 

Did you watch yesterday's Gase press conference?  He doesn't look like someone who is remotely worried about his job.  He was smiling and joking, looking quite relaxed.  Did you hear anyone jump on to Craig Carton's pronouncement?  Any player, coach, back that up?  Nope.  

The Johnson's are very good at leaking information.  They invented the "anonymous lockerroom source".  Nothing is leaking because nothing is changing.  Nor should it.  The Jets deliberately provided a worse roster for Gase than the one he went 7-9 with last year.

SAR I

Do you think Gase is going to use his laser eyes to vaporize the Met fans who root for this franchise?

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

My mother thinks Gase is getting fired tomorrow.  Funny, if I started a thread with that title, no one would be asking me for substantiation.

Just use your eyes.  The Jets actions tell you exactly what's going on.  Gase is coming back with a new QB, and new DC, and a new OC.  Gase and Douglas have had 1 draft together and that is nowhere near what's needed after 10 years of Idzik and Maccagnan's malpractice.  

SAR I

Did I misspell confirm for you in my previous post? Gase has already been fried/told but will coach the game tomorrow. I've got coaching contacts already being contacted for assistant positions if certain people are hired. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

There is enough proof of Gase staying to call it.

He didn't say a word as Douglas dismantled the team he went 9-7 with.

He didn't say a word as Douglas continued this with Adams, Bell, and McLendon being moved.

The Jets know that the rash of injuries and the Douglas fire sale killed any chance of Gase having a successful 2020.

He wasn't fired at 0-8.  

He wasn't fired when the fans were out for blood at 0-10.

He wasn't fired when Manish proclaimed he was about to be.

When the devastating loss vs. Las Vegas happened, Gregg Williams was fired instead.

When Tweets broke saying Gase was being replaced, the Jets said nothing.

When Carton broke saying Gase was being replaced, the Jets said nothing.

If the Jets wanted to tank for Trevor they would have shown Gase the door a month ago.

The actions of the Jets indicate Gase is staying. 

SAR I

So you're saying bc he hasn't been fired yet he isn't going to be? That's your rationale? Name the last time the Jets fired a HC mid season.... I'll wait....

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

until it's done it's not done.  imo gase will be dismissed as soon as monday.  but there are some compelling reasons to think he may be coming back.  sar outlined them pretty logically so there's no point in rehashing them.  it's just too easy to blame the head coach for a team's failures when they actually stem from a lack of talent in key places.  sure it's easy to say darnold has regressed but at the same time the whole offense was regressed because of the lack of good practice time, new faces, and injuries.  i know we can't use the practice time as much of an excuse but the injuries and faces change was largely out of the coach's hands.

What's the 49ers record again? They've been hit way harder with injuries and play in a much tougher division. 

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

My mother thinks Gase is getting fired tomorrow.  Funny, if I started a thread with that title, no one would be asking me for substantiation.

Just use your eyes.  The Jets actions tell you exactly what's going on.  Gase is coming back with a new QB, and new DC, and a new OC.  Gase and Douglas have had 1 draft together and that is nowhere near what's needed after 10 years of Idzik and Maccagnan's malpractice.  

SAR I

It always is amazing to me that a full blown adult would come to a football message board and instead of talking football just troll the board all day and night

• Upvote 1